• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Didn't know Electroshock was stronk
dfsfrferefkrsqm.gif

Gonna need a Cena Spirit Bomb to cleanse the thread of this Cena hate

CDniUezWoAAPO_V.jpg

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your hustle loyalty respect ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

1999 WWF...is so fucking good. Raw and Smackdown especially, way better than most of the PPVs.

Here's five fun Man God Facts about WWF in 1999.

When it begins it basically feels the same as 1998, small roster, Austin Face, Rock Heel, McMahon being evil. By the time it ends it is almost the complete "Attitude Era roster" including Evil Stephanie and His Haitchness, Kirk Angel, Rikishi and Too Cool, the Dudley Boyz, Hardyz and E&C, Jericho, Big Show, et al. Only really missing the Radicalz and Tazz, who they start promoting near the end of year. Vince/Shane McMahon are faces and by December G-O-N-E. The first New Era, the McMahon Helmsley era. DX are super heel flunkies. HHH sets up unfair matches and gloats in the back, acts like the champ...but isn't the champ.

Double J and Vince Russo have left...and interestingly enough the T&A factor actually goes way way up the second they do. More Mae Young and Moolah too. More topless, more mud/muck/gravy/pool matches. BB Bush. Miss Kitty turning into Chyna's submissive the Kat.

Big Show...is a successful, albeit mid card, face champion. In 1999. In the WWF. His feud with Boss Man is hilarious and produces multiple must see vignettes. Mankind and Rock are basically feuding kinda, sorta, with a man called Al, while also trying to keep the belt off of Triple H.

X to the P A C has a blood feud going with Kane, which is really REALLY going to take off in 2000. He betrayed him far worse than Undertaker or Paul Bearer ever did. Kane also is getting monster face reactions...but nothing compared to...

The pop that the full trio of Too Cool get. Monster, nuclear pop, and they haven't even started the worm yet.
Wah wah my daddy died!

Cena is not great. However you want to quantify how much better he is now than he used to be (my take is that he's really not much better except now there's a chance he does the job), it in no fucking way makes up for the rest of his career.

gun_haver

also

tj perkins seems like a little twerp. if you want the cruiserweights to get over, take the spotlight away from him as soon as possible. that's some smart advice they won't take. he needs to disappear.

ReiGun

Cena is alright. I'll never like him as much as I did back during his Thuganomics run, but certainly more interesting nowadays.

Just makes me wonder: what are some faces you guys like?

The New Day, Sasha Banks, Dean Ambrose, Heath Slater, Shinsuke, Asuka (is she still a face?), Bayley, Sami Zayn, Enzo and Cass, Ember Moon, Becky Lynch, Rich Homie Swann

Cena is not great. However you want to quantify how much better he is now than he used to be (my take is that he's really not much better except now there's a chance he does the job), it in no fucking way makes up for the rest of his career.
Even though I disagree and I do think his work right now is great, it will be a long fucking time before he makes up for fucking up the landscape of credible heels on Raw for years to come, singlehandedly.

How egocentric do you have to be to think it makes any sense to overcome a DDT on concrete despite advice from veterans to the contrary.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also

tj perkins seems like a little twerp. if you want the cruiserweights to get over, take the spotlight away from him as soon as possible. that's some smart advice they won't take. he needs to disappear.

I don't know. He probably appeals to that young demo a lot.

shaowebb

also

Dude is a small guy with a gamer gimmick and a chiptune intro with solid high spots, great in ring work and an overall fun intro. He's money IMO. He'll go over well with younger audiences and with geekier teens/adults who can relate to him both in stature and in gimmick.

Not everyone has to be Pentagon Jr to be a good cruiserweight gimmick.

I don't know. He probably appeals to that young demo a lot.

That young demographic sure loves their Nintendo 64 references.

TJP is still the homie tho even if I think his video game gimmick is a bit contrived. What he really should be is a 90's arcade brawler player character ala Streets of Rage. Wear a red bandana and a white wifebeater. Be what I wanted Dean Ambrose should've been.

Everything about TJ screams dollar signs and on top of that, he's good in the ring. I can't blame WWE at all for having him as the champ. Puts on good performances and will have all the kids buying their TJ Perkins Atari-style t-shirts.

That said, I hope they don't go overboard with the video game references. "KENDRICK, YOU BETRAYED ME LIKE WHEATLEY DID TO CHELL!"

gun_haver

you could plaster the chiptunes minecraft gimmick on anybody, my point is when you watch him in the ring and his demeanour otherwise, you can tell he is a little twerp. it won't last, he won't 'make money' just like every other chump in wwe except john cena doesn't make money, so that's a load of false nonsense. the only relevant thing is whether he is entertaining to watch and so far, he's only been mildly so. you can print money with a straight buster but you'll be printing single dollar bills.

Turok_TTZ

Dude is a small guy with a gamer gimmick and a chiptune intro with solid high spots, great in ring work and an overall fun intro. He's money IMO. He'll go over well with younger audiences and with geekier teens/adults who can relate to him both in stature and in gimmick.

Not everyone has to be Pentagon Jr to be a good cruiserweight gimmick.
But I prefer Pentagon Dark. CERO MIEDO!

Been watching Lucha Underground recently. Out of everyone I think I like Pentagon dark the most with Rey mysterio jr or Sexy Star a close 2nd.

I actually dislike TJ Perkins. Would rather see Gran Metallik, Rich Swann, or Cedric holding the strap than TJP. Something about him I dislike though I can't quite put my finger on it.

Heroman

Banned
Just finish King of pro wrestling and
1o5nh4i.gif

Like it is one of the best Wrestling shows of 2016 I mean dat main event

CautiousClearcutAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

Moment of the year

Also I shouldn't watch wwe and Njpw ppv back to back cause it makes wwe look way worse.

Top Bottom