• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

He's finally acknowledged her.

While I don't think she's lying over the injury, I think Del Rio might need more proof then showing a text with no source or name as to who sent it or what.

Also this is coming from the guy who's told like five different stories of how he's gotten stabbed so I wouldn't be shocked if WWE choose to ignore that in favor of something with more proof.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some sort of documentation would have been more damning to the WWE's claims. Anyone can send texts.

Kevin+Nash+promo.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1999 WWF...is so fucking good. Raw and Smackdown especially, way better than most of the PPVs.

Here's five fun Man God Facts about WWF in 1999.

When it begins it basically feels the same as 1998, small roster, Austin Face, Rock Heel, McMahon being evil. By the time it ends it is almost the complete "Attitude Era roster" including Evil Stephanie and His Haitchness, Kirk Angel, Rikishi and Too Cool, the Dudley Boyz, Hardyz and E&C, Jericho, Big Show, et al. Only really missing the Radicalz and Tazz, who they start promoting near the end of year. Vince/Shane McMahon are faces and by December G-O-N-E. The first New Era, the McMahon Helmsley era. DX are super heel flunkies. HHH sets up unfair matches and gloats in the back, acts like the champ...but isn't the champ.

Double J and Vince Russo have left...and interestingly enough the T&A factor actually goes way way up the second they do. More Mae Young and Moolah too. More topless, more mud/muck/gravy/pool matches. BB Bush. Miss Kitty turning into Chyna's submissive the Kat.

Big Show...is a successful, albeit mid card, face champion. In 1999. In the WWF. His feud with Boss Man is hilarious and produces multiple must see vignettes. Mankind and Rock are basically feuding kinda, sorta, with a man called Al, while also trying to keep the belt off of Triple H.

X to the P A C has a blood feud going with Kane, which is really REALLY going to take off in 2000. He betrayed him far worse than Undertaker or Paul Bearer ever did. Kane also is getting monster face reactions...but nothing compared to...

The pop that the full trio of Too Cool get. Monster, nuclear pop, and they haven't even started the worm yet.

I still don't really get why people are so fearful of Emmalina, it's like they forgot that she's been doing jackshit for the last two years even with her current gimmick that is barely even a gimmick.
Of course if it's because we're probably going to lose her current dope entrance theme than I understand the outrage.

Just makes me wonder: what are some faces you guys like?

I like most faces enough but the ones I actively root for are...
Bayley
edit: ZAYN! how could I forget...oh yeah because WWE also forgot about him
Enzo (and I guess Cass by extension)
And JAAAAWWWWWN CEEEENAAAAAA of course

I guess Kane is a face this week as well huh.

That 'I'm not booked for anything' guy is one of the most embarrassing people I have ever seen. It hurts too watch that part of the doc.

Also, pretty much all of the faces in NXT, because they don't cut promos like dorks, and if they do get booed, they actually react character wise, like Cien.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I like New Day, Enzo & Cass, John Cena (what), Dean Ambrose (kind of a tweener), Becky Lynch, Heath & Rhyno, AA.
John Cena, Dean Ambrose, Sami Zayn, Enzo and Cass, American Alpha, Shinsuke Nakamura, Becky Lynch, Bayley, Heath Slater and Rhyno, Tamasso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano.
I like most faces enough but the ones I actively root for are...
Bayley
Enzo (and I guess Cass by extension)
And JAAAAWWWWWN CEEEENAAAAAA of course
All these Sina fans, I feel blessed to be in such good company.

gun_haver

It is truly a mark of great work that John Cena has finally won pretty much all of us round at this point. I am actively waiting for the moment he holds up that title and I hope it is in a slobberknocker against AJ. I also hope he and Dean have a good feud before then culminating in a no holds barred match where Dean goes nuts and puts up a good showing (unlikely, but there's always hope, remember Roadblock?) but then Cena puts him away for the one two three because not today jack. Not today.

Cena is good.

My only real 'fuck Cena' moment was when he beat Rey for the WWE title not an hour after Rey finally won it. I didn't give a fuck about the Summer of Punk for that moment or Punk coming out after to Cult of Personality, Mysterio was always my fave and I was so mad that he lost the belt just after gaining it.

shaowebb

Cena is only good now and still should have never gone over Rusev & Bray and made them look like chumps.

Yeah, Rusev may have a belt off and on but his character lost momentum as well as believability as a threat to uppercard talent. Especially with all the losses and 50/50 feuds. Bray just become enhancement talent that never wins. He's just a big adversity gimmick thats interesting because he has the group of big dudes with him. Problem is that story always ends with Bray and his folks taking the loss and sometimes not even goin back and forth first for awhile. Its made the squashable characters. Bray is like the opposite of Tanahashi/Cena...you tune in and expect him to LOSE all his feuds.

Top Bottom