• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE never would have even signed Rey Mysterio if it wasn't for WCW.

And as much as WWE tries to act like they did something with the Radicalz that WCW wouldn't, Benoit was a former world champion, Perry Saturn was a former TV and tag team champion who was featured prominently and pushed several times(they really tried to get behind him as a big deal several times in his WCW tenure', Eddie Guerrero was a US and Cruiserweight champion and one of the most popular cruiserweigths of the division, and Dean Malenko was a four Horseman and one of the most popular heels of the cruiserweight division as well as a former tag team and US champion.

And you might say 'well they got over because of themselves not the booking(which is utter horse shit in the case of Saturn and Malenko)' but I'll hit you back with this. WWF booked them as A woman beating asshole, a woman beating asshole, and a guy with brain damage. And Perry Saturn.
No joke they once accidentally sent him a developmental contract thinking he was Xavier Woods. But now they are keeping an eye on him. Just a matter of waiting for his ROH contract to end.

I don't think it's just a matter of waiting. He's really nothing special.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Benoit's title reign doesn't count as they literally gave it to him to keep him from quitting, which he did immediately after the match.

I want Max Payne 4.

Need more games where you are wearing a suit and shooting dual wielding pistols are not only allowed.....but encouraged.

You talk shit about Max Payne 3; you get hit.
With Max Payne 3 gifs

max3j4atm.gif
mp3_5_by_jax765-d89ekx7.gif

mp3_7_by_jax765-d89gt68.gif

Sephzilla

Guerrero is probably the only guy who I thought got a really good deal in the big picture with WWE. I know Benoit was a world champ in WWE, but his run at the top wasn't that long and he had one of the worst booked champ runs.

EDIT - Max Payne 3 makes me wish Rockstar would get the rights to make a Matrix video game

And as much as WWE tries to act like they did something with the Radicalz that WCW wouldn't, Benoit was a former world champion, Perry Saturn was a former TV and tag team champion who was featured prominently and pushed several times(they really tried to get behind him as a big deal several times in his WCW tenure', Eddie Guerrero was a US and Cruiserweight champion and one of the most popular cruiserweigths of the division, and Dean Malenko was a four Horseman and one of the most popular heels of the cruiserweight division as well as a former tag team and US champion.

And you might say 'well they got over because of themselves not the booking(which is utter horse shit in the case of Saturn and Malenko)' but I'll hit you back with this. WWF booked them as A woman beating asshole, a woman beating asshole, and a guy with brain damage. And Perry Saturn.

Yeah, Chris was the only one who I'd argue was booked relatively strong throughout his entire WWE career, from start to finish. Eddie eventually got his but that took a while and I felt like Dean just didn't have the drive or character outside of being a tough motherfucker. Perry is incredibly underrated and is amazing, but personal demons definitely played a role throughout his career.

I feel like outside of Eddie, and based on how hot the WWF roster was during that time period, they did as much as they could with them. They really had to get themselves over, especially in that era. Eddie was just doomed at the start because he wasn't white tbh.

Dean was a creepy fuck during the whole Lita shit. Eddie was a creepy fuck toward the end of his Chyna storyline. And Perry was just... there till Moppy.

I wonder how different things would have played out if Dean and Chris swapped pushes.

Kaladin

Friends, help me.....for the first time I think I might actually like a Lady Gaga album. The songs actually sound good. More listenable than some of the more pop stuff she's done.

Jesus how could i forget Benoit, Eddie, Booker, Road Warriors

LOL at Buff..we all love Buff here but he was not on the same plane

I think Arn and Ron were great in WCW, but I think Ron never reached peak until WWE. Arn was always kind of second fiddle, imo, to Flair but I loved him.

Pillman I think never hit his full stride in WCW the same way Booker or Benoit did.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jesus how could i forget Benoit, Eddie, Booker, Road Warriors

LOL at Buff..we all love Buff here but he was not on the same plane

I think Arn and Ron were great in WCW, but I think Ron never reached peak until WWE. Arn was always kind of second fiddle, imo, to Flair but I loved him.

Pillman I think never hit his full stride in WCW the same way Booker or Benoit did.

Plane as what? Buff was a way bigger star than Eddie or Benoit were up until they got their main event run in the WWE.

Kaladin

All The Times Fave Five (In No Order):

Undertaker
Daniel Bryan
HBK
Triple H
Ric Flair

Honorable Mention : Mick Foley, Chris Jericho

Even the wwe comic is about seth

BOOM! Studios is proud to present the most authentic line of ongoing WWE comics. Each issue will feature your favorite Superstars in stories that go beyond what you’ve ever seen on TV.
The first story arcs detail the “Breaking of The Shield.”
Seth Rollins. Roman Reigns. Dean Ambrose. Together they formed The Shield, one of the most dominant factions in WWE history—until the ultimate opportunist Seth chose to betray the group at the behest of Triple H, the “King of Kings” who has cemented himself as the authority in control of WWE.
Now, eager to prove himself, Seth is on the hunt for the WWE Championship, a journey that will send him on a collision course with his former brothers…
Includes a backup story starring The New Day by Ross Thibodeaux (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2016 Annual) and Rob Guillory

Tho there is this sweet variant cover

BOOM-WWE-001-C-Incentive-002.jpg

Zach

No one wants your Fave Five, Kaladin!

P.S. The Undertaker and Triple H?! #disgust #goodfriendsbetterenemies #ihopeyouspillsomethingonyourpantstoday

Lake, don't think you formally introduced yourself a few days back :)

Welcome. Give us your Top 5 Wrasslers

Lake Effect Kid
FAV 5 WRESTLER
NOW
ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US

if you post in wrasslegaf, you've gotta do a fave five

ALL TIME FAVE FIVE:

5. X-Pac (I really liked him as a kid for some reason)
4. Chris Jericho (favorite growing up)
3. Daniel Bryan (Could leave list entirely if his dumb ass decides to wrestle again)
2. CM Punk (reinvigorated wrasslin' for me. First wrestling shirt I bought)
1. Chris Benoit (not even trying to meme)

CURRENT FAVE FIVE:

5. Jericho
4. Cena
3. AJ
2. Owens
1. Charlotte

Don't listen to this guy Lake. He'll stab you in the back

That's why I wont shower with you guys.

Yo... I'd heavily consider a poster of that.

Kaladin

No one wants your Fave Five, Kaladin!

P.S. The Undertaker and Triple H?! #disgust #goodfriendsbetterenemies #ihopeyouspillsomethingonyourpantstoday

Undertaker was the first wrestler I saw in WWF that made me interested in watching over WCW.

I've been a fan of Triple H since he was a blue blood.

ALL TIME FAVE FIVE:

3. Daniel Bryan (Could leave list entirely if his dumb ass decides to wrestle again)

CURRENT FAVE FIVE:

5. Jericho
4. Cena
3. AJ
2. Owens
1. Charlotte
1. Charlotte

giphy.gif

Zach

HazySaiyan, everyone agrees that you have poor taste. Even your friend Kaladin is like "oh, that HazySaiyan, he's got all his taste in his mouth!" Your WrassleGAF Favorability Rating is at -46 and at this rate you'll never make the Power Rankings.

HazySaiyan, everyone agrees that you have poor taste. Even your friend Kaladin is like "oh, that HazySaiyan, he's got all his taste in his mouth!" Your WrassleGAF Favorability Rating is at -46 and at this rate you'll never make the Power Rankings.

Fite me IRL

Thanks for my new phone bg. That vice city vibe.
Don't worry Blue, I'd never stab you in the back. *gives you the backstabber.
😒

What's wrong with putting Undertaker in the top 5?!
Don't listen to him.

ALL TIME FAVE FIVE:

CURRENT FAVE FIVE:

5. Jericho
4. Cena
3. AJ
2. Owens
1. Charlotte

That's why I wont shower with you guys.

Yo... I'd heavily consider a poster of that.
That work horse top five! Like the inclusion of Pac. One of the best in ring guys of all time.

Zach

I am not ruled by nostalgia like you, Sephzilla. You'll never see the truth because you've been a card-carrying creature of the night since the early '90s and you refuse to look at your heroes with fresh eyes.

Sephzilla

I am not ruled by nostalgia like you, Sephzilla. You'll never see the truth because you've been a card-carrying creature of the night since the early '90s and you refuse to look at your heroes with fresh eyes.

I can honestly understand finding pre-Attitude Era Undertaker boring from a certain point of few. But Undertaker was basically awesome from roughly his WrestleMania with Diesel onwards.

I'm still not over the fact Paige had two tattoos dedicated to Del Rio barely a few months into dating.

That should have been a red flag for Del Rio

Kaladin

Current Fave Five :

1. It's the Kevin Owens Show
2. Drink It In Man
3. AJ Styles
4. Cesaro / Sheamus
5. Braun Strowman's Jobber World Tour

Honorable Mentions : Heath Slater, James Ellsworth, The Miz

Top Bottom