• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Sephzilla

no, it was a few weeks after.

The RAW after he lost the mask was one of his best nights ever.

https://youtu.be/Z5lMOIFAJVI?t=5s

Vince should have kept him like that, incredible entrance. After they dropped the ball, he wasn't reinvigorated until team hell no

Oh shit I forgot about that entrance. It was awesome but I can see why they dropped it, look how long he stands there waiting for the cops to take off those chains

Heroman

Banned
nspbpO.gif
Still cant believe that this man will main event Wrestle kingdom 11.

no, it was a few weeks after.

The RAW after he lost the mask was one of his best nights ever.

https://youtu.be/Z5lMOIFAJVI?t=5s

Vince should have kept him like that, incredible entrance. After they dropped the ball, he wasn't reinvigorated until team hell no

Haha, I remember when the penny dropped that monster Kane was just there to put over a deserving up n' comer. "Burn in hell you son of a bitch". My brother and I watched that night and cringed simultaneously.

https://youtu.be/6OLBHP5-rKM

Those are great too.

You know, Scott's made it into my all time fave five. I was sleeping on him for the longest time, because I'd only seen his poppa pump phase, which amazing as it is was only two years.

But I've recently been watching some of his wcw tag team stuff, which I didn't get to see back then as WCW stopped airing in my country (came back in 99 as he transitioned into the genetic freak). Rick and Scott are both just incredible wrestlers, and scott of course also has the promo game.

Show is terrible. Forever and always. The only time he was good was when he was Bossman's emotional punching bag.

Hall of Pain Henry was amazing and was sadly plagued by injury. It's a shame it took Henry so long to be motivated and passionate enough to pull out a character like that.

Kane had been great from debut - early 00s. Was fine for a little bit after his unmasking. He was shit for a while, then was pretty alright when he returned with his mask and killing Ryder's push. And of course, Hell No was amazing.

But all three are all currently garbage.

Newly unmasked Kane is great and was by far the scariest he ever was. I should know , I was a little kid and I didn't give a shit about old masked Kane unless he was in a program with Taker or made a return because those are always fun.

You know, Scott's made it into my all time fave five. I was sleeping on him for the longest time, because I'd only seen his poppa pump phase, which amazing as it is was only two years.

But I've recently been watching some of his wcw tag team stuff, which I didn't get to see back then as WCW stopped airing in my country (came back in 99 as he transitioned into the genetic freak). Rick and Scott are both just incredible wrestlers, and scott of course also has the promo game.
Scott maybe a complete 360 spin, he went from an athletic genetic wrestler to a genetic freak. He didn't need all of those muscles but I guess he did well since it made his character.

His promos take you back to the 80s the way he goes out and talks with so much intensity.

Show is terrible. Forever and always. The only time he was good was when he was Bossman's emotional punching bag.

Hall of Pain Henry was amazing and was sadly plagued by injury. It's a shame it took Henry so long to be motivated and passionate enough to pull out a character like that.

Kane had been great from debut - early 00s. Was fine for a little bit after his unmasking. He was shit for a while, then was pretty alright when he returned with his mask and killing Ryder's push. And of course, Hell No was amazing.

But all three are all currently garbage.
WAHH WAHHH MY DADDY DIED!

That story line worked me so bad as a kid. I think I cried for Big Show.

If anything Kane's unmasking revitalized him after he had transformed into a pure comedy character complete with Katie Vick storyline.
Kane's unmasking was the perfect storyline to make him turn on his friends and back into a legit monster.

And the shit he did during that towel run was much worse than anything he did before it.

Oh, and the earlier talk about Undertaker's all time 'status' as it were, yes he was always a B+ guy. He reached a high echelon in the confines of the wrestling fanbase but never crossed over like Austin or Rock did. There is no point in time when the biz would have been irreparably damaged by his absence (maybe in the dark days of the early 90s).

And I'm a fan.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That one is easy right now:

1. AJ Styles
2. Kevin Owens
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Samoa Joe
5. John Cena

ReiGun

Confession: Because I got into wrestling late in the Attitude Era, Biker Taker is my Undertaker. Which I understand is like admitting to liking Electric Blue Superman, but it's what I grew up with dammit. I saw a bit of Ministry Taker during the time when I only watched wrestling while visiting my cousin and the odd nights I was would stay up and watch Shotgun on Fox. But when I was full blown watching WWF, it was shortly after Taker had come back as the American Badass.

So that was my introduction to his character and I loved it. Dude was the only reason I gave a shit about Limp Bizkit. And when he debuted this greatness as his theme? Bruh. The GOAT.
wow.png

You can imagine how I felt when he went back to being an undead wizard priest, and how I felt when people told me that's how he's supposed to be. Tbh, I don't think I ever quite adjusted. To me, The Undertaker will always be a dude who rides a motorcycle to the ring, wears a bandanna, and talks about his yard a lot.

That story line worked me so bad as a kid. I think I cried for Big Show.

'With the deepest regrets, and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear that your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms
But if I could have a son as stupid as you
I'd have wished for cancer so I would die too
So be brave, and be strong, get your life on track
'Cause the old bastard's DEAD and he ain't never comin' back!'

11393%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20big_boss_man%20chyna%20gif%20nodding%20smiling%20sunglasses%20wwf.gif

American Badass Taker is pretty bad.

Big Evil Taker is pretty awesome.

The main difference is that American Badass Taker thought he was pretty awesome and no sold everyone, while Big Evil Taker remembered 'Motherfucker this ain't all about you' and made everyone look good.

Confession: Because I got into wrestling late in the Attitude Era, Biker Taker is my Undertaker. Which I understand is like admitting to liking Electric Blue Superman, but it's what I grew up with dammit. I saw a bit of Ministry Taker during the time when I only watched wrestling while visiting my cousin and the odd nights I was would stay up and watch Shotgun on Fox. But when I was full blown watching WWF, it was shortly after Taker had come back as the American Badass.

So that was my introduction to his character and I loved it. Dude was the only reason I gave a shit about Limp Bizkit. And when he debuted this greatest as his theme? Bruh. The GOAT.
wow.png

You can imagine how I felt when he went back to being an undead wizard priest, and how I felt when people told me that's how he's supposed to be. Tbh, I don't think I ever quite adjusted. To me, The Undertaker will always be a dude who rides a motorcycle to the ring, wears a bandanna, and talks about his yard a lot.
Damn this is my exact same story, the first time I saw him was a Judgement Day when he came back, and I had no idea why it was a huge deal but my cousins were hyped as fuck.

So that was my introduction to his character and I loved it. Dude was the only reason I gave a shit about Limp Bizkit. And when he debuted this greatest as his theme? Bruh. The GOAT.
wow.png

I like Biker Taker too, dude was the definition of a badass to me as a kid, damn I loved that motorcycle entrance. Big Evil is MY Taker though.

Cagey

Banned
Necromancer + Lightning Sorc Taker has always been lame. We just accept it and enjoy it because he's been lame for 25 years now.

The recent years addition of savvy True Grit cowboy and MMA fighter reeks of "power to have all powers" though.

Necromancer + Lightning Sorc Taker has always been lame. We just accept it and enjoy it because he's been lame for 25 years now.

The recent years addition of savvy True Grit cowboy and MMA fighter reeks of "power to have all powers" though.

it's like fake wrestling as kids and that one cunt always claims to kick out at two. Just do the fucking job, Timmy!

ReiGun

I don't even know why they insist on Taker still having powers. At this point, the character and the man has enough of a mythical and larger than life presence that he really doesn't need force lightning to scare people.

Who are you to deny the power in Taker's soup bone fists?

Top Bottom