• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Heroman

Banned
I fucking hate 'beat the champ in a non-title match and you earn a title match' stipulations.

Ambrose and Style is another case of feuds that just need to fucking die and stop being repeated. Ambrose better lose clean at Survivor Series and we get Miz vs Styles for TLC.

Eh, It can be good and set up good storyline and matches ie like in the G1 climax. Which is use to build feud matches for the rest of the year.

Sephzilla

You can be a world champ and have comedy feuds

ff8.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Natty randomly quoting Whitney Houston lyrics and showing off her cat's Instragram is wonderful. More of this, less of whatever the fuck she was doing as heel before. I'd be 100 percent okay if she just inherits Tyson Kidd's dorky goober gimmick.

I'm going to watch Elgin/Omega ladder match now instead of arguing over ellsworth further. The guy needs to be taken out of the light and not seen until a surprise at Rumble.

People still complaining about this? Why? Aj has been built as a great champion unlike Seth who lost every match except when it came to ppvs. He's a heel, they get belittled. And you all are acting as if these were clean victories James has over him.

Eh, It can be good and set up good storyline and matches ie like in the G1 climax. Which is use to build feud matches for the rest of the year.
Fair point. My main issue is the feuds that go on and on. For Smackdown with it's lack of main-eventers since it has basically just Styles, Cena and Ambrose it is excusable but fuck Sasha vs Charlotte for being a feud that's been going on since the start of July, or Roman vs Rusev having gone on since August.

Mahonay

Banned
People still complaining about this? Why? Aj has been built as a great champion unlike Seth who lost every match except when it came to ppvs. He's a heel, they get belittled. And you all are acting as if these were clean victories James has over him.
I feel like people panic at the first sign it seems like AJ isn't being booked strong, since he's one of the only guys in the WWE right now that actually feels like a star.

But yeah, it's a comedy feud. And it's not super duper awful. There is WAY worse to worry about in WWE.

Heroman

Banned
I think I'd be more ok with Ellsworth if he was used with Corbin. Not because corbin has been lame, but it just makes more sense. Kind of like Razor/123 Kids

Second?

The Ladder War Match from ROH All Star Extravaganza VIII was some next level shit. It in my top ten matches of the year.

This has been the ending of 9/10 Dean Ambrose segments since the split

I really enjoyed this week's episode, but it really did highlight how desperate they are for other talent who could plausibly inject themselves into the championship race. It's very clear that the Ambrose feud will run until they want to have AJ fight somebody else - I don't think anybody thinks Dean's leaving this as champ, especially with Cena clearly coming for the 16th at Mania - so we're in proper stasis. I like the Elsworth thing, it's entertaining; but I can't see who's injecting themselves into the Rumble now as a plausible Smackdown winner other than Dean. All of which means they need to move Styles onto somebody else to start building that. (I'm assuming: Roman wins the rumble again - him or Rollins - and then Dean gets Money In The Bank, which he cash in on Cena after Cena beats Styles.)

I feel like people panic at the first sign it seems like AJ isn't being booked strong, since he's one of the only guys in the WWE right now that actually feels like a star.

But yeah, it's a comedy feud. And it's not super duper awful. There is WAY worse to worry about in WWE.

To me it's just corny. Like I said, I'd be more ok if it was 1-2-3 Kid kind of thing all over again but you know they're just going to dump Ellsworth.

The Ladder War Match from ROH All Star Extravaganza VIII was some next level shit. It in my top ten matches of the year.

Will check it out

Mahonay

Banned
To me it's just corny. Like I said, I'd be more ok if it was 1-2-3 Kid kind of thing all over again but you know they're just going to dump Ellsworth.

Will check it out
The 123 Kid is a terrible comparison because Sean Waltman was actually a really great worker.

Ellsworth is true jobber.

Plus it sure beats having the same ole shit like Raw. It's just an enhancement in the feud between he and Dean. Boy, a lot of people have forgotten about when feuds would go on for almost an entire year.

I remember in the late 00s,everyone complained that feuds were too short, now they're too long. This adhd generation is hilarious.

I really enjoyed this week's episode, but it really did highlight how desperate they are for other talent who could plausibly inject themselves into the championship race. It's very clear that the Ambrose feud will run until they want to have AJ fight somebody else - I don't think anybody thinks Dean's leaving this as champ, especially with Cena clearly coming for the 16th at Mania - so we're in proper stasis. I like the Elsworth thing, it's entertaining; but I can't see who's injecting themselves into the Rumble now as a plausible Smackdown winner other than Dean. All of which means they need to move Styles onto somebody else to start building that. (I'm assuming: Roman wins the rumble again - him or Rollins - and then Dean gets Money In The Bank, which he cash in on Cena after Cena beats Styles.)
The Shield winning something that puts them immediately into the title scene.

Then.

Now.

Forever.

Mahonay

Banned
Plus it sure beats having the same ole shit like Raw. It's just an enhancement in the feud between he and Dean. Boy, a lot of people have forgotten about when feuds would go on for almost an entire year.

I remember in the late 00s,everyone complained that feuds were too short, now they're too long. This adhd generation is hilarious.
It's most certainly better than about 2 1/2 hours of utter shite that's pooped out on RAW.

Smackdown manages to put together shows that are fairly good from start to finish. RAW manages to muster up 1 or 2 good segments every week in a 3 hour show.

It's most certainly better than about 2 1/2 hours of utter shite that's pooped out on RAW.

Smackdown manages to put together shows that are fairly good from start to finish. RAW manages to muster up 1 or 2 good segments every week in a 3 hour show.

Those 1 or 2 basically being JericKO and Charlotte every time. Even though that Lita/Charlotte interview was absolutely terrible.

I just really want Berzerker back, is that too much to ask? A berzerker/kane feud, c'mon WWE!

Heroman

Banned
Fair point. My main issue is the feuds that go on and on. For Smackdown with it's lack of main-eventers since it has basically just Styles, Cena and Ambrose it is excusable but fuck Sasha vs Charlotte for being a feud that's been going on since the start of July, or Roman vs Rusev having gone on since August.
I feel you, one problems with is that these feuds and most wwe aren't hot at all.

The best comedy wrestler in the business.

Heroman

Banned
I never get tired of this. You can taste the salt through that gif.

100 percent.

One reason why he is so good is because of his booking. Sure he will lose most of the time but he wins enough over major star that there is always the thought in the back of your mind that he might win unlike people like ellsworth

The Shield winning something that puts them immediately into the title scene.

Then.

Now.

Forever.

Depressingly. I'm assuming Mania is KO vs Jericho, non-title; Rollins vs Roman ver. 76; Rusev probably back with the US title, vs somebody; AJ vs Cena (maybe with Dean as a triple threat?); Sasha Vs Bayley, probably; Charlotte vs Dana - or, actually, maybe even Nia Jax; Becky vs Alexa vs Nikki Bella. Then some shitfest battle royale, AA vs Usos, Cesaro & Sheamus (who'll have taken the title off New Day) vs Hype Bros or some nonsense, Brock vs honestly who cares unless it's Sami Zayn and DBry's worked something through with creative for his samson/goliath thing.

This is all unless HHH wants to fight, in which case that's against Rollins, and my entire card above collapses in a heap.

EDIT: I stress, this is not my ideal. Ideally, Joe wins the Rumble, and says he doesn't want a title match - he wants Brock. Throw away the huge opportunity for the chance to take down Brock. And he's the one who does. That's how you monster him good.

Top Bottom