• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Mahonay

Banned
One reason why he is so good is because of his booking. Sure he will lose most of the time but he wins enough over major star that there is always the thought in the back of your mind that he might win unlike people like ellsworth
Ellswoth is a random jobber who sprang out of complete obscurity. I don't think you can even begin to compare him to Yano.

"NO-CHIN MUSIC"

How the fuck did some of you not enjoy this? You guys hate fun.

Don't get me wrong, I love taking the piss out of that dudes unfortunate face.

He just doesn't need to be where he is. It's needless.

Then again this is WWE - home of Mae Young giving birth to a hand

Mahonay

Banned

Why is it needless? WWE doing something besides the same fucking feuds 20 times over doesn't seem needless to me at all.

Kaladin

Mr. No Chin and Two Hands is nowhere near on the level of May Young giving birth to a hand.

Syder

It's more just me hating "15 minutes of internet fame". If this was 20 years ago Ellsworth would have come and gone, but now he turns into a meme and gets extra booking.

at the end of it all I hope the dude is getting paid decently for it all
What's even more egregious is WWE selling shitty shirts for 25 bucks that will be totally irrelevant in 6 months time.

Kaladin

It's more just me hating "15 minutes of internet fame". If this was 20 years ago Ellsworth would have come and gone, but now he turns into a meme and gets extra booking.

at the end of it all I hope the dude is getting paid decently for it all

It's more than internet fame, Ellsworth is over. He sells his negative attributes so well that you want him to succeed and when he does something like a superkick it's even more effective.

Does anybody have the slightest idea what Baron Corbin's character actually is? On this week's Talking Smack he says he's the 1%. So he's rich? That's his gimmick? Rich but a biker? With a negative amount of charisma?

Only smart if you view as a mark.

Anyone with a wrestling brain can plainly see they are trying to build Ambrose as the heel you want to see get beaten. AJ is going to beat him when they go one on one. It's not good story telling at all.

It's pretty much the most basic wrestling storyline you can come up with.
This is the markiest thing I've read in a while.

people praising the dumb ellsworth storyline and being upset at russo approving tony schiavone's idea of david arquette winning the title is hyporcritical. arquette at least was pinning bischoff who is not a wrestler. At least with that they got mainstream publicity. they get nothing out of ellsworth beating aj styles constantly.

"NO-CHIN MUSIC"

How the fuck did some of you not enjoy this? You guys hate fun.

I do like the Ellsworth stuff and I do find it fun. However, if next week is going to go down the way it's going to go down, that just means AJ is going to lose 3 times in a week which may not mean anything but I think they could've had AJ beat Ellsworth clean, continue to massacre Ellsworth and have Dean come in for the save. Perhaps have a tag match next week with Dean and Ellsworth vs AJ and a mystery partner. Something to make next week not so predictable especially when you know AJ's going to lose because who else is there to feud with AJ?

The botch Styles Clash and now this. Man I like Ellsworth and what they are doing with him but stuff like this is going to make it really old really fast if it hasn't already. It's a good thing this wasn't aired.

It's amazing to me that Ellsworth took off online, and they just organically kept using him in fun ways

Instead of the usual "SOCIAL MEDIA IS BUZZING ABOUT JAMES ELLSWORTH! HASHTAG ELLSWORTH, HASHTAG JOBBER, HASHTAG LOOK AT WHAT HIS CHIN LOOKS LIKE!!!" and killing it the next week

Top Bottom