• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really enjoyed this week's episode, but it really did highlight how desperate they are for other talent who could plausibly inject themselves into the championship race. It's very clear that the Ambrose feud will run until they want to have AJ fight somebody else - I don't think anybody thinks Dean's leaving this as champ, especially with Cena clearly coming for the 16th at Mania - so we're in proper stasis. I like the Elsworth thing, it's entertaining; but I can't see who's injecting themselves into the Rumble now as a plausible Smackdown winner other than Dean. All of which means they need to move Styles onto somebody else to start building that. (I'm assuming: Roman wins the rumble again - him or Rollins - and then Dean gets Money In The Bank, which he cash in on Cena after Cena beats Styles.)

Cena is winning the Rumble to come after AJ's title. Orton is probably next after Ambrose, which could carry all the way to RR.

So Paige is having surgery,

CvJPyQ1XYAAqjQT.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/788780621330051072

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kenny was always built, that's why Hunter tried to bury him because he had a better natural body.

Not according to Kenny.

Kenny says he got fired for running afoul of John Cena by ratting Cena out on having an affair with Mickie James.

klonere

Banned
Raw has Goldberg come out and be over while Smackdown gets people to buy a chinless jobber actually winning the WHC.

Brand split baby.

Got my Battle of Los Angeles Blurays today! Looking forward to watching them this weekend.

Damn! I never even heard of that.

Definitely something along these lines happened - Kenny was going out with Mickie who cheated on him with John or some crap like that. Who knows if it's exactly as said or if it's being altered though.

When John broke up with Mickie later she took it SUPER hard and she had to be moved to the smackdown roster.

I like that Ellsworth was allowed to get one good shot in. That moment really made the entire thing, in my opinion.

AND AJ did one of his famous last microsecond kickouts. He's so good.

Kaladin

Raw has Goldberg come out and be over while Smackdown gets people to buy a chinless jobber actually winning the WHC.

Brand split baby.

Reminds me of when Impact went live on Monday nights for the first time and Vince McMahon squashed it like a bug with Bret Hart returning to WWE TV.

Angry Grimace

I still think Dana botching into a clean win over Bayley has to be one of the worst botches of the year.

Got my Battle of Los Angeles Blurays today! Looking forward to watching them this weekend.

Definitely something along these lines happened - Kenny was going out with Mickie who cheated on him with John or some crap like that. Who knows if it's exactly as said or if it's being altered though.

When John broke up with Mickie later she took it SUPER hard and she had to be moved to the smackdown roster.

Kenny talked about it on social media. I guess Cena and James (who were both attached to other people) were hooking up and Kenny (for reasons unknown) put it out there. Kenny got fired and after the relationship ended, James got transferred to another brand and saddled with the Piggie James gimmick.

yeah its been his thing for awhile now. i dont remember when it was (edit: It was TWITTER), but he said the only person he answers to is the man who writes the check. outside of that, he claims he takes nothing away from anyone. now i believe that this his is personal approach to the business but letting bleed into kayfabe on talking smack was the wrong move.

No it isn't, he wouldn't have been on UpUpDownDown otherwise, for example.

Also:

-- Braun crushed Ellsworth, but AJ is "struggling" against him despite being the world champ
-- AJ has been called out for how good and technical he is, but he keeps letting his guard down against Ellsworth

The ellsworth feud is seriously making AJ look "weak" and not by typical OMG CENA standards, in actual friggin story telling

I don't think people are following the story here:

-AJ let his guard down because he doesn't consider Ellsworth a threat, Braun is trying to prove a point by squashing jobbers, whatever that may be.

-I noticed it during the match, but in Talking Smack, AJ was kayfabe concerned with the health of James, hence why he wasn't going hard on him and didn't want to pin him because he felt Dean been there something was gonna go wrong whereas Strowman doesn't give a fuck.

The only problem as a lot of people are pointing out is the fact that Ambrose is the one that always ends up on top.

Natty randomly quoting Whitney Houston lyrics and showing off her cat's Instragram is wonderful. More of this, less of whatever the fuck she was doing as heel before. I'd be 100 percent okay if she just inherits Tyson Kidd's dorky goober gimmick.

Needs more Natty passing gas then.

Angry Grimace

See gif. Dana was clearly not supposed to pick up a clean win over Bayley, she was supposed to put her feet on the ropes and fucked up.

I don't think people are following the story here:

-AJ let his guard down because he doesn't consider Ellsworth a threat, Braun is trying to prove a point by squashing jobbers, whatever that may be.

-I noticed it during the match, but in Talking Smack, AJ was kayfabe concerned with the health of James, hence why he wasn't going hard on him and didn't want to pin him because he felt Dean been there something was gonna go wrong whereas Strowman doesn't give a fuck.

The only problem as a lot of people are pointing out is the fact that Ambrose is the one that always ends up on top.

There's a line between doing fun things in a way that works because the audience knows its not real and then just breaking the fourth wall by having Rising Blood Russo shit.

Despite what WrassleGaf Hero Max Landis says, the audience doesn't want a show about a wrestling show. But wrestling is, again, supposed to be fun and this is in good fun. Sure, AJ looks dumb in the process, but AJ's schtick is being a shitheel who giaves himself rhyming nicknames.

It's happening
R6M9qLol.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/art...-and-crazy-mary-dobson-wwe-performance-center

Three internationally acclaimed Superstars have arrived at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., to begin training.

Tom Budgen, Damian Mackle and Sarah Bridges — known around the world as Tommy End, Big Damo and “Crazy” Mary Dobson, respectively — are among the newest signees to WWE developmental contracts. Their official start in Orlando comes after months of speculation that all three were on their way to WWE and NXT.

Tom Budgen (pictured above) is a 14-year veteran from Amsterdam who boasts an extensive background in kickboxing and pencak silat, a class of Indonesian martial arts that involves grappling, striking and weapon fighting. Trained by the likes of Chris Hero, Nigel McGuinness and MMA pioneer Bob Schrijber, “The Anti-Hero” has emerged as one of wrestling’s most prolific and dangerous strikers, a tatted, black-metal mutilator whose kicks, elbows and knees threaten to cave in skulls. Budgen competed across Europe, Japan and the U.S., including with EVOLVE Wrestling, London’s PROGRESS Wrestling, Germany’s Westside Xtreme Wrestling and California’s Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

Damian Mackle comes to the Performance Center from Northern Ireland, where the barrel-chested brute is called “The Beast of Belfast.” Inspired by local hero and legendary tough man Fit Finlay, Mackle made his ring debut in 2005, and has studied under former WWE Universal and NXT Champion Finn Bálor and current NXT coach Robbie Brookside. At 6-foot-3 and more than 300 pounds, Mackle was a premier super-heavyweight on the independent scene, having wrestled under the banners of U.K.-based Insane Championship Wrestling, New Japan Pro Wrestling and New England-based Beyond Wrestling, among other organizations. He has also locked horns with Samoa Joe and NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura in the past.

Indiana native Sarah Bridges, meanwhile, brings nearly brings nearly five years’ experience to the WWE Performance Center. Only 23 years old, Bridges has toured throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe, as well as Japan, where she also lived and trained under former WWE Superstar Taka Michinoku. Initially carving her niche in the hardcore-wrestling circuit, Bridges has competed in Shimmer Women Athletes, Shine Wrestling and Ring of Honor. She is often recognized for her war paint and for entering the ring in an eerie hockey mask straight out of “Friday the 13th.” Outside of wrestling, Bridges trains in Olympic weightlifting and has won several competitions.

Stick with WWE.com for more information on WWE’s newest Performance Center recruits.

AND AJ did one of his famous last microsecond kickouts. He's so good.

I still think Dana botching into a clean win over Bayley has to be one of the worst botches of the year.

Kenny talked about it on social media. I guess Cena and James (who were both attached to other people) were hooking up and Kenny (for reasons unknown) put it out there. Kenny got fired and after the relationship ended, James got transferred to another brand and saddled with the Piggie James gimmick.
Kenny went into business for himself, damn. I never knew why he got canned but I was not happy since I liked him. Good guy, has great talent.

It's happening
R6M9qLol.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/art...-and-crazy-mary-dobson-wwe-performance-center

Three internationally acclaimed Superstars have arrived at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., to begin training.

Tom Budgen, Damian Mackle and Sarah Bridges — known around the world as Tommy End, Big Damo and “Crazy” Mary Dobson, respectively — are among the newest signees to WWE developmental contracts. Their official start in Orlando comes after months of speculation that all three were on their way to WWE and NXT.

Tom Budgen (pictured above) is a 14-year veteran from Amsterdam who boasts an extensive background in kickboxing and pencak silat, a class of Indonesian martial arts that involves grappling, striking and weapon fighting. Trained by the likes of Chris Hero, Nigel McGuinness and MMA pioneer Bob Schrijber, “The Anti-Hero” has emerged as one of wrestling’s most prolific and dangerous strikers, a tatted, black-metal mutilator whose kicks, elbows and knees threaten to cave in skulls. Budgen competed across Europe, Japan and the U.S., including with EVOLVE Wrestling, London’s PROGRESS Wrestling, Germany’s Westside Xtreme Wrestling and California’s Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

Damian Mackle comes to the Performance Center from Northern Ireland, where the barrel-chested brute is called “The Beast of Belfast.” Inspired by local hero and legendary tough man Fit Finlay, Mackle made his ring debut in 2005, and has studied under former WWE Universal and NXT Champion Finn Bálor and current NXT coach Robbie Brookside. At 6-foot-3 and more than 300 pounds, Mackle was a premier super-heavyweight on the independent scene, having wrestled under the banners of U.K.-based Insane Championship Wrestling, New Japan Pro Wrestling and New England-based Beyond Wrestling, among other organizations. He has also locked horns with Samoa Joe and NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura in the past.

Indiana native Sarah Bridges, meanwhile, brings nearly brings nearly five years’ experience to the WWE Performance Center. Only 23 years old, Bridges has toured throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe, as well as Japan, where she also lived and trained under former WWE Superstar Taka Michinoku. Initially carving her niche in the hardcore-wrestling circuit, Bridges has competed in Shimmer Women Athletes, Shine Wrestling and Ring of Honor. She is often recognized for her war paint and for entering the ring in an eerie hockey mask straight out of “Friday the 13th.” Outside of wrestling, Bridges trains in Olympic weightlifting and has won several competitions.

Stick with WWE.com for more information on WWE’s newest Performance Center recruits.
Yes big dano! I just asked about this last week.

Wasn't Kenny engaged to Mickie? Or at the very least dating her. That could probably justify why he spoke out about it.

Zach

2016-10-19-create-a-wrestler-1.jpg

I always enjoy digging into the CAW engine.

Sometimes I wonder how differently a modern-day WWE game would play if I were to rescale all of the attributes on a streamlined 10-point (0, 10, 20, and so on) kayfabe (meaning I'd try to set aside my bias and rate them according to their make-believe skillz) system, using the entire range (so the worst wrassler would be far, far worse than a 79 overall or whatever they do now).

One day I'll waste a day doing this. One day.

Top Bottom