• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data do you like inter-gender matches in Mexico? Specially Faby and Mari Apache ones?

I think those are booked well.

Mari is pretty shitty but Faby is great. Their match at Triplemania was one of the better matches but they're also working with two of the most solid wrestlers in Mexico.

MELTZ IS ON FIRE THIS WEEK

When the death of TNA book is written, if the company doesn’t manage to survive, it will be attributed to one mistake after another by Carter. She continually hired the biggest con men in wrestling and gave them power. She hired ex-WWE people for jobs they never had any experience in doing in WWE, and people who were let go for reasons. She allowed people to give the product a direction of copying the industry leader and thus not building a distinct audience with a different product.

reality, Russo had been involved with creative long before he was working with the announcing team. Months earlier, their Japanese partners were upset with TNA when the hints of Russo’s involvement had been reported by us. They asked Gaburick at first, and he wouldn’t give them a straight answer. Gaburick did later admit to Keiji Muto of Zero-One that Russo was working for the company but assured him that Russo was working underneath him, had no final say, and he was the one who would be in full control of how Muto’s wrestlers (Seiya Sanada in particular) would be portrayed, and promised what happened in TNA with Tetsuya Naito, Yujiro Takahashi and Kazuchika Okada would not happen with Wrestle-1 Talent. TNA had also lied to talent when the stories originally came out but some of the talent knew because his fingerprints were there with certain storyline directions, certain types of matches and certain verbiage in interviews. The statement that he was only working as a consultant to the announcers was not coming clean, but he had to admit to that much, because that was the one thing Johnson had proof of.

Damn this is a crazy card

A group called Qatar Pro Wrestling is planning an event for April with a crazy payroll. Those who are listed as part of the show are Booker T, Road Warrior Animal, Sting (which tells you that Sting doesn’t have a full-time deal with WWE), Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Johnny Mundo Rey Mysterio Jr., Mil Muertes, Bob Holly, Bobby Lashley, Rob Conway, Alberto El Patron, Former Ryback, Great Khali, Sonjay Dutt, Chris Masters, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Carlito

Heroman

Banned
Damn this is a crazy card
Get ready for the Great Khali Vs Tanahashi it will be the greatest carrying job in pro wrestling history.
2 sweet me

tumblr_n73ju5x4qd1qzkr3vo2_250.gif

Nth levels carny tactics

Going back to the period where Donald Trump worked a few shows, including the period when they did the angle where Trump bought Raw from Vince (that they had to abort in about three weeks when the stock price tanked because people actually bought the storyline as real and were going on a selling spree) and his record setting PPV where Vince lost his hair, WWE paying Trump’s pay to the Donald J. Trump Foundation Charity allowed WWE to write it off as a charity expense, and allowed Trump to get it without declaring it as income. In 2007, the year he did WrestleMania, the WWE donated $5 million to the Trump Foundation. But it’s come out that a lot of Foundation money was used to settle lawsuits

Hell in a cell should be interesting

Banks has been training hard to put on more muscle with the idea it’ll make her more resilient. The knock Vince McMahon has had on her is that she gets injured too often. This does relate to Hell in a Cell because the women feel they have to do something to make the match memorable and that means the big spots. It’s kind of the same mentality I saw in the Ladder Wars match in ROH where you looked at this legendary match as a fan, and now you’re in the match with the mentality of equaling or beating it. With the women, there’s the idea they have to prove they belong in Hell in a Cell by doing stuff equal or better than the guys

shingi70

Banned
So what's the deal with Ellsworth, dude seems awesome but I was talking to a friend who doesn't like him much.

Wouldn't mind him getting a non jobber shot at nxt or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roderick Strong has to be the most generic wrestler ever

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nikki Cross needs to grow into this character because its RIDICULOUS so far

Angry Grimace

People saying that regular-ass, raw viewing joe bob will accept Nak's broken english are insane.

He won't talk as much on the main roster.

He's fine. It doesn't matter if "joe bob" thinks anything because "joe bob" doesn't exist and WWE isn't catering to "joe bob." Exhibits A and B:

xQXlw6w.png
4O01A6L.png

ReiGun

Nakamura giving a promo.... cringe. Bruh, just wrestle.

They should do it like Asuka; have him say one quick sentence then go out and kick a muthafucka in the face.

Also, this is why both of them should get sent to Smackdown. Shorter show = less need to have them try and carry on long talking segments.

Angry Grimace

Nakamura's English is the only reason he's not on the main roster. But giving him the chance to do these promos on NXT is like the only "developmental" thing he's doing and he's getting better at it all the time, so I don't get the criticism.

So English isn't his first language. So? Are you saying they should just give up on his ability to do it despite the fact that he's clearly conversational in the language (with a heavy accent?). That doesn't make sense.

Nakamura's English is the only reason he's not on the main roster. But giving him the chance to do these promos on NXT is like the only "developmental" thing he's doing and he's getting better at it all the time, so I don't get the criticism.

So English isn't his first language. So? Are you saying they should just give up on his ability to do it despite the fact that he's clearly conversational in the language (with a heavy accent?). That doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I don't the logic either. A lot of people complain about non native english speakers not getting promos, people complain about the women not getting promos. Of course it's going to be rough at the start, it's one thing to know what to say and how to say it, it's another to be confident enough out there to put what you're saying over.

Practice. Like how some people here shit on Carmella and Niki, when it was actually competent. And as someone who watched through the hell that was the mid-late 00's, it was like promo of the year compared to some of the shit the then Divas division were putting out (when they were lucky enough to speak and have character).

Nak will be good in time. The promo time as well as they behind the scenes english lessons will help a lot. Not to mention, WWE hasn't been catering to the casual fan for a little while now. Nak is going to be over, regardless of how good or bad his english is, and if WWE is smart, the commentary and video packages they can do for this man will do wonders.

Amazing in the ring, got a bomb ass entrance; He's flashy and flamboyant and he's got a moveset that the younger kids will love. Dude's going to be a hit.

"The general Raw audience won't know him from TNA!"

"Raw viewers will think the demon entrance is lame!"

"He can't speak English perfectly, joe schmo Raw viewer won't go for that!"

Some of y'all don't have as firm a grasp on who the average Raw viewer is as you think you do.

ReiGun

Not give up, but play to his strengths. I'll concede that reducing him to one sentence like Asuke, who has much less command of the language, is a bit much. And yes, Nak will get good enough to be able to competently cut English promos. However, it's always going to be his weakest point just because of the language barrier. And considering they're going to want him on the main roster sooner as opposed to later (the man is 36 years old, after all), they would be better served by letting his natural charisma and in ring ability take center stage as opposed to putting him on the mic much.

And this isn't me saying he wont get over. On the contrary, I'm saying he's good enough to get over on the main roster without having to do a ton of talking.

Atomic Odin

Not give up, but play to his strengths. I'll concede that reducing him to one sentence like Asuke, who has much less command of the language, is a bit much. And yes, Nak will get good enough to be able to competently cut English promos. However, it's always going to be his weakest point just because of the language barrier. And considering they're going to want him on the main roster sooner as opposed to later (the man is 36 years old, after all), they would be better served by letting his natural charisma and in ring ability take center stage as opposed to putting him on the mic much.

And this isn't me saying he wont get over. On the contrary, I'm saying he's good enough to get over on the main roster without having to do a ton of talking.

Have Nak be with Paul Heyman

Hycran

Banned
I had a dream that Stephanie messages me on Windows messenger saying how upset she was with trips. Then I saw her name was spelled wrong and called her out for being a fraud. Even in my dreams I don't get worked.

Top Bottom