• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Professor, I kinda like Ellsworth! But I'm not about to drop coin on a meme shirt. It's three wolf moon adjace.

You bring up a good point. I probably wouldn't buy his shirt either since I'd have to explain it, and therefore reveal that I'm wearing a wrestling shirt in 2016.

Verendus

Banned
wrestling-fan-tears-of-joy-gifs-of-wrestling-fans-being-wrestling-fans.gif
RR_Wink_zps01jz81wl.0.gif

I'll be back for Survival Series, friend Cagey. It's going to be hype. We are blessed that we're going to get... one more time... once again... another Road to Redemption for Roman Reigns at Wrasslin'Mania.

It's like the holiday season is extended for three months.

Every year.

Let's hope that once Roman is done with Barack at Wrasslin'Mania 33, we can look forward to his fourth Road to Redemption at Wrasslin'Mania 34 against Joan Cena.

Kaladin

Next Wrestlemania needs to have..

Cena vs Undertaker (his final match)

AJ Styles vs Shawn Michaels

Triple H vs Seth Rollins

And in the pre-show, Sami and Neville vs the Ascension

This card leaves Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens as a possibility for the Universal Championship.

It will be Jericho vs Owens.

Caderfix

This card leaves Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens as a possibility for the Universal Championship.

It will be Jericho vs Owens.

Zayn is going to face Braun at Mania and lose. It's either that or he'll lose to Braun before Mania and then be thrown into the pre-show in a random match without any story.

They hate Sami.

Caderfix

Yeah, I got to say, American Alpha have been boring ever since they debuted in the main roster. I'm not familiar with them, as I don't follow NXT, so I don't know what they're capable of, but so far they're not doing it for me.

Yeah, I got to say, American Alpha have been boring ever since they debuted in the main roster. I'm not familiar with them, as I don't follow NXT, so I don't know what they're capable of, but so far they're not doing it for me.
They were impressive in NXT and had good matches

The problem with them on the main roster (and it's not just with them) is that they are brought up with this hype from the program like "WOW! look at these guys! WOW! these guys are great!" without them really getting to show why. Same thing happened when Apollo Crews came up. "WOW! HE'S GOT MEGASTAR WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM! WOW". Putting on boring matches with boring opponents cycling through the same spots before you inevitably win the same way isn't that exciting

One could argue the same thing even happened when AJ was first brought in, with the dumb Jericho story hellbent on getting him over (ending with him losing at WM, lol)

Kaladin

I feel like the agents are the big difference between NXT and the main roster. They put together better matches on NXT, everyone has. Then when they go to Raw they lose the storytelling and ring psychology that made them great. Just look at Sasha Banks from NXT to the main roster.

It comes down to exposure. People in NXT wrestle once a month on tv and the story lines are good

On the main roster you have to wrestle 10 minute matches on tv each week and you just become another wrestler

Why were they impressive back in NXT? I'm asking about both Apollo and AA.

Did they cut great promos or had matches with personality(You know, good matches with a twist)? I want to see more of them, so recommendations would be really appreciated.
Oh, I didn't mean Apollo was great in NXT. I just meant they bring them in and tell you how amazing they are when they aren't showing it

Their matches around the time of Dallas Takeover were great. Pretty much any time they were with The Revival was awesome but I started watching NXT early this year and thoroughly enjoyed them every time they were on. Since they came to Smackdown I've pretty much just fastforwarded through every time

American Alpha had some funny promos like they were just dumb jocks who thought they were clever but weren't, but nothing really standout.

I mean shit they were brought into Smackdown with the storyline "yep they are the best and way better than all of the other teams here. So all the other teams hate them"

Their gimmick is that "they're the best" but they haven't done shit on the main roster.

Caderfix

The problem is that being a good wrestler is not enough, really. You can have a move set with 100 moves, you can be a power house and a high flyer all at once, if you don't actually show personality, it doesn't work. At least not in the WWE.

I see something in AA, I think they have potential to be great after a shake up, but Apollo... Honestly, I don't see anything there other than a guy who looks good and is able to do moves. His expressions, the way he behaves during matches, the way he panders to the crowd as a baby face, etc, it's not organic nor entertaining.

I know people hate Corbin, but, still, I'll use him as a comparison. See the way he behaves and the look on his face and you know he's an asshole, you know he doesn't care and you know he doesn't respect his opponents. He's not great in ring and not even in delivering promos, but those positives alone are enough to make me want to see him way more than I want to see AA, Crews and even Neville.

Nekofrog

Banned
Octoshootober: the revival is the best tag team in the entire company. Great mic work, great personalities, great matches.

Top poster out

creatchee

I know people hate Corbin, but, still, I'll use him as a comparison. See the way he behaves and the look on his face and you know he's an asshole, you know he doesn't care and you know he doesn't respect his opponents. He's not great in ring and not even in delivering promos, but those positives alone are enough to make me want to see him way more than I want to see AA, Crews and even Neville.

That's the thing that a lot of people willfully ignore about WWE - you can be a good WRESTLER. You can become a good WRESTLER. You can learn to be a WRESTLER. You can even fake being a WRESTLER if you really have to. But without charisma or the "it factor", you'll never be a good ENTERTAINER, which is what is desired and expected of those at that level.

The problem is that being a good wrestler is not enough, really. You can have a move set with 100 moves, you can be a power house and a high flyer all at once, if you don't actually show personality, it doesn't work. At least not in the WWE.

I see something in AA, I think they have potential to be great after a shake up, but Apollo... Honestly, I don't see anything there other than a guy who looks good and is able to do moves. His expressions, the way he behaves during matches, the way he panders to the crowd as a baby face, etc, it's not organic nor entertaining.

Totally. I liked Corbin even in NXT. Someone like him fills a spot the others don't. But even with him, he came in to the main roster as this big dominant guy and then did nothing

I think AA just needs an actual feud to allow their characters to progress. Give them something to be passionate about because "we show up, smile, and suplex people" is boring

Apollo....I don't even know. His character is "athleticism", but not in a fun way like Shelton or Angle. At least AA have the hot tag/partner angle to work with, despite having similar issues

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Octoshootober: the revival is the best tag team in the entire company. Great mic work, great personalities, great matches.

Top poster out

Yup. Revival is deceptively good. They do their jobs so well you almost forget they did anything at all. They just make whoever they are up against look like a million bucks.

shanafan

Totally. I liked Corbin even in NXT. Someone like him fills a spot the others don't. But even with him, he came in to the main roster as this big dominant guy and then did nothing

In all fairness, he did win the Andre the Giant battle royal at Wrestlemania
which put him with prior winners like the Big Show.

In all fairness, he did win the Andre the Giant battle royal at Wrestlemania
which put him with prior winners like the Big Show.
But then he came in and like killed Ziggler on Raw (I think getting counted out or something)

Followed by a long feud where Dolph started winning. Then like....nothing

T
J
P

But my real three:

Sasha
Dean
Rollins

I hate TJP. Don't get me wrong. But he doesn't get nearly enough TV time for me to not even care. The three I listed have genuinely just stopped being interesting or even good.

I'll be honest, his intro song, the dabbing, his outfit and such made me cringe the first time I saw him. I thought I'd get used to it, but so far it still has the same effect on me. It feels like a dad trying to appeal to his teenager son/daughter by copying internet memes.

Same. I legit cringed at the entrance and even more when he dabbed. The dab especially, like.. way to date yourself super fucking hard. Surprised he doesn't dress like this;

toofar.jpg

Menome

The correct answer will be three wrestlers that I don't name because I've forgotten that they're still employed.

EDIT: Is that Jim Cornette's son?

The only people I would say I "don't care for" are those who make me actively change the channel when they're on. With that criteria:

Titus
Swagger
Golden Truth (in ring)

Tagyhag

Tjp is just kinda of boring to be a face of the division

I'm sure they would have loved Ibushi or ZSJ but they wouldn't sign. So you go with the next best thing.

Which should have been Swann but we all know why he's not the face of the division.

Just bough the Dark Souls 3 DLC, friends. I realize it's short, but I'm a big lore nut and a sucker for PvP. I can easily get 30 hours out of this.

Dolph Ziggler
TJP
Rusev

I feel like with Rusev I am just missing something as beloved as he is. Just seems like a played out gimmick to me.

I think Rusev is amazing, it's just his booking, honestly. Ruru is one of the few people on the current roster that still remains over in spite of how terrible they've been booked. And I'm guessing he and Lana are still being punished for their engagement, which is really shitty. But WWE gon' WWE. If anything they should be pushed for ruining that stupid fucking Ziggler shit.

Great look. Great in the ring. Amazing character and mannerisms. He just needs to get the hell out of this Roman feud and win the next few. He can definitely be build back up.

T
J
P

But my real three:

Sasha
Dean
Rollins

I hate TJP. Don't get me wrong. But he doesn't get nearly enough TV time for me to not even care. The three I listed have genuinely just stopped being interesting or even good.

Same. I legit cringed at the entrance and even more when he dabbed. The dab especially, like.. way to date yourself super fucking hard. Surprised he doesn't dress like this;

toofar.jpg
Why are you looking up and posting pictures of young boys, friend?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While gaf exploded, I watched Jeff Hardy vs Jushin Liger from last month. Kind of crazy that this is the first time this match has ever happened. It's nothing amazing but it's acceptable. I like the spectacle of it though. The crowd is actually pretty split, and it's nice to see Jeff wrestle one of his idols without being smacked out of his mind.

Why are you looking up and posting pictures of young boys, friend?

I'm only going to say this once, okay..? Don't you dare ever imply anything that involves myself or anyone else and pedophilia. It's not funny. Second of all, you're the one who's mind is going there, so you might want to seek help, "friend".

If HBK can't go anymore, we can always bring in RVD.

Top Bottom