• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

sZ5D77v.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Silas Young is the best thing on ROH and how he's not champion over Jay Briscoe, Jay Lethal and Adam Cole is beyond me other than Delirious.

gun_haver

i mean, charlotte and sasha do tend to have very good matches and that's more than you can say for seth vs KO last time.

i get the ha ha joke it's transparently manfactured bandwagoning but at the same time roman has also been pushed down the card and yeah it is a holding pen for him to see if he can get over properly in the mid card so they can put him back up to the main event but christ, that's fine. the guy also is capable of putting on good matches its just a meme to hate him at this point - and don't get me wrong, i'd rather see rusev get his title back, because he's a much better enetertainer, but i also don't really mind now that we've got the brand split and we have an alternative in aj styles and his various feuds which so far have been quite good (dean, cena and now possibly shawn micheals? sounds good to me).

but yeah i think there's just a bit of 'fuck women' going on in that comic. they do have a point, but it's a secondary point. the point isn't charlotte and sasha shouldn't be main eventing HIAC in a HIAC match, it's that the story shouldn't have been 'oh god women at last! finally, women!' it should have been 'charlotte, we've been fighting for months and you've never given me a fair fight. i hate you and i want you in the cell'.

so nah the joke doesn't land. comes off as a dumb wrestling fan comic.

i mean, charlotte and sasha do tend to have very good matches and that's more than you can say for seth vs KO last time.

i get the ha ha joke it's transparently manfactured bandwagoning but at the same time roman has also been pushed down the card and yeah it is a holding pen for him to see if he can get over properly in the mid card so they can put him back up to the main event but christ, that's fine. the guy also is capable of putting on good matches its just a meme to hate him at this point - and don't get me wrong, i'd rather see rusev get his title back, because he's a much better enetertainer, but i also don't really mind now that we've got the brand split and we have an alternative in aj styles and his various feuds which so far have been quite good (dean, cena and now possibly shawn micheals? sounds good to me).

but yeah i think there's just a bit of 'fuck women' going on in that comic. they do have a point, but it's a secondary point. the point isn't charlotte and sasha shouldn't be main eventing HIAC in a HIAC match, it's that the story shouldn't have been 'oh god women at last! finally, women!' it should have been 'charlotte, we've been fighting for months and you've never given me a fair fight. i hate you and i want you in the cell'.

so nah the joke doesn't land. comes off as a dumb wrestling fan comic.
Did you really analyse that?

gun_haver

dont we all
tumblr_naybf5BsGY1qf7xjao2_r1_500.gif

indeed we do, but i think wwe has thought for a while that the best move was to temper their innate repulsive inclinations. to be a family show. i just wonder if they might look at the trump campaign and think

'shit, more than a third of the country loved this crazy son of a bitch. what if we tap into that anger again, except this time on purpose, and get wild?'

it must be crossing their minds right now.

Mahonay

Banned
Court Bauer on LAW radio this week trying to tell John Pollock that both Trump and Hillary are equally bad and we are in just as much trouble no matter who wins. I felt like I was reading one of those GAF "both sides" posts that juniors around here love to make.

I guess it really shouldn't surprise me that Court is an absolute fucking idiot when it comes to politics.

Mahonay

Banned
just took it at face value a post saying 'here's a funny comic' from the professor beef. i don't hang around enough to know all the ins and outs of what is a worked post, forgive me friends, if that was the case.
It's a popular web comic that one of us here will post when a new one goes up. Not just Beef.

gun_haver

Court Bauer on LAW radio this week trying to tell John Pollock that both Trump and Hillary are equally bad and we are in just as much trouble no matter who wins. I felt like I was reading one of those GAF "both sides" posts that juniors around here love to make.

I guess it really shouldn't surprise me that Court is an absolute fucking idiot when it comes to politics.

i don't know if you brought this up because i did - i don't mean to discuss the prez election and bore us all to death - but more pertinent is the fact that pollok, and the entire fight network crew who cover wrestling, are, and always will be complete idiotic jackasses who don't even deserve this post calling them nothing.

Mahonay

Banned
i don't know if you brought this up because i did - i don't mean to discuss the prez election and bore us all to death - but more pertinent is the fact that pollok, and the entire fight network crew who cover wrestling, are, and always will be complete idiotic jackasses who don't even deserve this post calling them nothing.
I wasn't even talking to you. Stop working yourself.

Carnby

As a kid I asked myself how they did that and it wasn't until this year I realized it was a mechanic hand. Still cool to this day.

OH

IT'S PIKMA! BAW GAWD!

Naw. If you still carefully, when the lights go out, you can hear the door closing, effectively covering Taker and making the illusion he was buried. He prolly moved to another section where he could poke his arm through.

Jeez.. Watching Raws and WWF PPV from 97 and all I could think of is:

"Damn. I can't believe he's dead" for so many westlers.

I use to be such a Legion of Doom mark.

PWInsider says the restraining order granted to Corgan denies TNA/Impact Ventures ability to "take any action without the consent of the Plaintiff obtained in accordance with the process set forth in the Operating Agreement of Impact Ventures and/or applicable law." Neither side can "sell, assign, transfer and/or pledge Impact Ventures, its tape library and/or assets (except for transactions in the ordinary course of business) of Impact Ventures until further order of the Court."

So in addition to the aforementioned stuff said outright in the last sentence, TNA can't sign or renew talent until Corgan agrees to it or the restraining order is removed

Top Bottom