• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
OH MY GOD

I started watching this episode of Superstars from 95 and the main event is Bob Backlund vs Savio Vega. And the first thing Savio says is, 'Bob! Savio Vega! Is Hotter than your spiciest chicken wing!'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
OH MY GOD

I started watching this episode of Superstars from 95 and the main event is Bob Backlund vs Savio Vega. And the first thing Savio says is, 'Bob! Savio Vega! Is Hotter than your spiciest chicken wing!'

He's not wrong. He wrestled four matches in one night and almost went the distance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Savio's promo made up for the fact that the deceitful thumbnail showed a tag team matchup of The Insiders vs The Kid & Sid Connection. Which was just apparently a preview of Raw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The ARE YOU READY Superstars opening
RAD RADFORD
DIESEL!?!?!?

This Superstars is hitting all my checkboxes

It's crazy with how much shit Diesel gets over his reign, when he turns tweener after losing the title, he's insanely over. JR even says, 'I gotta believe he's more popular than ever before'

cordy

Banned
I'm not sure why they don't add a turbo or speed meter for these 2K games. You speed the matches up and they instantly become tons funner.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Razor just cut a promo on Superstars about his upcoming match with Diesel against Sid & Kid and says this

'Should we stay together? Diesel gonna mow 'em down and Razor's gonna carve. them. up.'

Sound familiar?

tumblr_offm9hdGWp1ue7tcno1_540.png

2 sweet me, bros.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also the ending of this superstars is some sad story about shawn michaels 'injury' and how wrestling is really dangerous and the last bit is vince blaming the fans for shawn being injured for 'pushing himself too hard' you know, when he got his ass beat at the bar

getting that christmas list ready
tumblr_inline_offmc1e1yf1sstq89_540.jpg

tumblr_offm8emDU91t34v14o1_540.jpg

Silas Young is the best thing on ROH and how he's not champion over Jay Briscoe, Jay Lethal and Adam Cole is beyond me other than Delirious.

I could never get into him back when i followed ROH a little more closely, he was doing flippy shit even while having the "Last Real Man" gimmick

cordy

Banned
Brawl For All had some entertaining moments but overall man, it was really what the Attitude Era was all about. I mean I'm retrospect. It had nice moments that people always bring up but it was filled with shit no one brings up. Bradshaw losing was dope. Bart being built up naturally was dope. All those other shitty matches? Horrible. You couldn't pay me to watch them again.

Brawl For All had some entertaining moments but overall man, it was really what the Attitude Era was all about. I mean I'm retrospect. It had nice moments that people always bring up but it was filled with shit no one brings up. Bradshaw losing was dope. Bart being built up naturally was dope. All those other shitty matches? Horrible. You couldn't pay me to watch them again.

In retrospect, it was terrible and it effectively ruined the careers of Bart Gunn and Steve Williams. Most fights were shitty, some got legit injuries, taking away from the mid-card and IIRC, nobody was paid enough. Nobody won. Instead of saying "Fuck it, lets push Gunn." They quite literally sacrificed him to Butter Bean. It was gross and carny as fuck. There were no nice moments at all lol.

The best think that came out of Brawl for All was its theme and eventually Big Zeke's theme.

Sheamus?

In retrospect, it was terrible and it effectively ruined the careers of Bart Gunn and Steve Williams. Most fights were shitty, some got legit injuries, taking away from the mid-card and IIRC, nobody was paid enough. Nobody won. Instead of saying "Fuck it, lets push Gunn." They quite literally sacrificed him to Butter Bean. It was gross and carny as fuck. There were no nice moments at all lol.

The best think that came out of Brawl for All was its theme and eventually Big Zeke's theme.

Sheamus?
It's funny they thought Bart actually had a chance again BB, that's why they picked him. Hell BB, was willing to do the job but they wanted to do a full on shoot.

It's adr

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bart Gunn had nothing going on anyways; he was lifted off of the scrap heap like almost everyone else in the B4A. Steve Williams was a bad idea in that he was well past his prime, but yeah, that did end any possibility he had losing the event built to get him over.

Lothar

Banned
Yeah, what career did Bart Gunn have before the Brawl for All? It may have killed him but it made him too. It wouldn't have been any different.

I liked the Brawl for All. I want them to do it again.

Bart is an example as to why you don't go into business for yourself.

Yeah, what career did Bart Gunn have before the Brawl for All? It may have killed him but it made him too. It wouldn't have been any different.

I liked the Brawl for All. I want them to do it again.

Let's get a list of MMA guys and people who won shoot fights backstage:

CM Punk
Jericho
Booker T
Brock
Bobby Lashley
Batista
Tank Abbott
Dan Severn
RVD
Joey Styles

miserable

During a recent appearance on the Something to Wrestle podcast, former WWE employee Bruce Prichard (Brother Love) was asked about why WWE didn't hire Samoa Joe sooner. Here is what Prichard said:

“I’ll tell you why he wasn’t considered. [It] was because they thought he was a fat Samoan. He looked out of shape – he wasn’t the body type that Vince liked and they felt that it wouldn’t work.”

When asked why WWE signed Umaga, who had a similar body type as Joe, Prichard said Umaga was considered "one of the family" by the company.

Prichard also said that Vince had the same opinion of Mick Foley for awhile, stating that Foley "looked like a fat bum."

Steinerhesfat.gif

Menome

I hope so, it'd be a somber TNAvember if not

At least it will live long enough to see the end of the failure known as Nash-endorsed Donald Trump's presidential campaign, so it will be the best TNAvember yet

I thought there was something earlier this thread that showed/hinted that Nash was just working people with that shirt?

I thought there was something earlier this thread that showed/hinted that Nash was just working people with that shirt?
The pic is from a tweet that said something along the lines of
"I wore this shirt to see the reactions I got. Hillary, you're in trouble girl."

Silent_Z

At HIAC 2014, wasn't it a "double main event" with Cena/Orton and Rollins/Ambrose, sneaking the new guys past the "OMG why are THEY on last over established dudes" and ushering in a two-year run of main event dominance for Shield members?

Wouldn't it be nutty if the same was happening now, with this sneaking the women into the main event slot, and keeping them there for a while? If there's a building where it's a sure bet that the crowd won't crap on a Sasha main event, this would be the one.

In his latest podcast, Bruce Pritchard talks about pay issues that went down when he was head of talent relations in TNA.

- Bruce said he got made aware by 5 different wrestlers that hadnt been paid for 3 to 4 weeks.

- Bruce does payroll, turns it every week. So he calls accounting in Dallas, and is told checks with this check number was sent out on this day. He gets emails showing this information. So Bruce goes to the talent and tells them this. By insist they haven't got it
the excuse from Dallas was that it must have been their (the talents) post office. But the problem was there was a guy in tampa, l.a., sf, and they are not getting their checks...it isnt the post office.
so 3 to 4 weeks turns into 5 to 6 weeks, and guys are saying they cant afford to go to tv. Accounting insists they were sent out. Bruce advises that those checks be stopped, since they haven't been sent yet, and send it overnight to Orlando. Accounting says they cant do overnight...has to be 2 day air.

- Bruce shows up at TV and everyone got overnights. When he arrives, he has 3 guys waiting on him holding fedex envelopes saying "look at this shit." Inside were checks in envelopes, with a postmarks on them that matched the ones Accounting sent to Bruce...meaning TNA didnt stop payment and reissue checks, the fedexed the original checks to them, in the envelopes that were ran through for postage, but never mailed.

- Bruce doesnt name who these 3 guys are, but says they no longer work in TNA.

- Bruce also says that Hulk Hogan had pay issues while he was there.

- Bruce concluded saying he brought the check issue to Dixie THAT DAY, and her reaction was "well they got paid."

MC Safety

I'm genuinely intrigued by what they can do in a hell in a cell.

It's not about what they can do. It's that they're doing inside a steel cage.

The WWE used to reserve steel cage matches for the resolution of the most hardcore grudges. Now it's just another match type, and they're having three of them at the next pay per view.

Top Bottom