• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

ReiGun

Enzo and Cass entrance in WWE 2K17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrFn-_HeFp0

Those voiceovers.............

giphy.gif

I'm more concerned about Cass' soulless eyes. Did, did he die?

Menome

How does Yukes manage to get a recording from Enzo Amore, the most energetic fucking guy on the entire roster, and get a cut where he sounds like he has no energy or enthusiasm

"Hi Enzo, this is Clem Fandango. Can you hear me? Can you do vocal take number 287 please?"

I wonder if they adjust the hight of the models to match the fake height numbers they pander.

Does Tom Phillips' model just clip through the floor whenever it's doing a backstage segment?

Barrage

Watching old WCW Cruiser stuff... the crowds would be semi-dead until spots got them into the match.

The more things change...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When did Carmella come out with E&C? Was that some NXT shit?

...that was literally where her gimmick came from!

She's supposed to be Enzo's hairdresser. She was a heel, but E&C were faces. Eventually she just randomly became face also.

Lothar

Banned
Watching old WCW Cruiser stuff... the crowds would be semi-dead until spots got them into the match.

The more things change...

Not for heel Jericho Cruiser stuff. If there's a story, people will care. If not, you need to be flashy to get their attention. See Malenko/Jericho at Slamboree 98.

Jamie OD

WWE might as well put Charlotte Vs Sasha in the main event tonight. What do they have to lose, the third hour rating is going to drop anyway.

Barrage

Not for heel Jericho Cruiser stuff. If there's a story, people will care. If not, you need to be flashy to get their attention. See Malenko/Jericho at Slamboree 98.

Bingo. I'm saying that when people harken back to the WCW Cruiser days, they're missing that the vast majority of it was Heatless. The most important thing you can have in a Division is hatable Heels (ala Eddie in 97, Jericho in 98).

Watching this also solidifies my opinion that you have to have the Cruisers mix with the rest of the Roster. There will never be enough Heels in just the CW division to get everyone over. Having these guys able to go against Rusev or the Club or whoever else will help them immensely.

Sanjuro

The vast majority of cruiserweight matches in the WCW glory days were heatless?

Huh... that's news to me.

Nobody gave a shit about the WCW Cruiserweights.

The 90s era works better when the fans weren't complete shit. They had the attention span to just sit through and humor stuff.

Syder

Last RAW I'll
legally
be able to watch LIVE. Cancelled my Sky contract, absolute rip-off and I want faster internet speeds but Sky is the only place to watch WWE in the UK.

Anyway, it'll probably be illegal SmackDown streams exclusively for me now.

Zach

Nobody gave a shit about the WCW Cruiserweights.

The 90s era works better when the fans weren't complete shit. They had the attention span to just sit through and humor stuff.
I remember the '96-'98 crowds, more times than not, being invested in the cruiserweights and popping for the big moments.

Last RAW I'll
legally
be able to watch LIVE. Cancelled my Sky contract, absolute rip-off and I want faster internet speeds but Sky is the only place to watch WWE in the UK.

Anyway, it'll probably be illegal SmackDown streams exclusively for me now.
Watch Raw however you can!

Sanjuro

I remember the '96-'98 crowds, more times than not, being invested in the cruiserweights and popping for the big moments.

I went to many events and I would disagree. I'm not saying there was zero reaction, but they were not under the pressure of the crowd turning on them.

It was basically elevated jobber matches.

imBask

Banned
WrestlingINC.com ‏@WrestlingInc 2m2 minutes ago
FWIW, @AmyDumas (Lita) says the #RAW Women's Championship match between @MsCharlotteWWE and @SashaBanksWWE will be the main event.

Oh so it's going to be one of THOSE nights huh

Top Bottom