• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Is JJ going to make a comeback to TNA, or is he on the sinking ship that is GWF?

I don't want him to come back. He'll ruin Broken Matt

Nobody is denying that there are guys who just suck on the mic. That always has been and always will be. Nobody is using it as a defense for these guys, but the fact remains that it can be nearly impossible to improve from that point when you're given the most horrendous shit to say.

That's fine, guys suck. You could give Virgil a script from an emmy award winning writer and he'd STILL suck. The example I was using was bad one, I admit that. I'm just annoyed that when people point out how bad Sasha or Mick or whatever darling it is at the moment is terrible on the mic, the immediate defense is "well, it's the writing". Sasha has had plenty of time on the mic over the last 6 months and it's only gotten WORSE. Cass is on the mic every week and he still sounds like someone who is reading lines with terrible eye sight. At some point it goes beyond the shit writing.

Tom Nook

ashton-kutcher-danny-masterson-wwe-raw-wrestling_3795163.jpg

Help.

Ratings

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kevin Owens isn't terrible on the mic and they don't have special Kevin Owens Writers.

ReiGun

I'd be interested to see a "Talking Smack" equivalent for Raw just to see who can perform better when things are more of the cuff.

Of course, that would mean adding another 30 minutes to Raw, so it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, it isn't like Owens was reading terrible promos when he was feuding with Cesaro with nothing on the line.

I have yet to see a good promo guy on the roster start pulling out sufferin succotash shit.

Real talk time.

I love TJ Perkins. Yes, even the dabbing. Dude is just having so much damn fun to hate him, and he's got some sick moves as well. Doesn't hurt that he's a super-nice super-humble guy who literally answers all of his fan questions on Twitter.

Oh yeah, and he has the second best theme in WWE today.

Nekofrog

Banned
My dad actually saw that my wife and I were watching the great War last night and sat down and watched it. I always pegged him for a secret wrestling fan but he never watched it with me when I was a kid (but never said no when I asked to order a ppv in the late 90s and early 2000s). He loved it and was casually dropping info about stuff he loved in the 90s with wrestling even though I legit never saw him watch a second of it ("does the undertaker still wrestle? I loved him" "is vince mcmahon still around? He was hilarious").

We had to catch him up on the minute details of the broken matt hardy character and story and he thought it was the best thing ever. He even loved Decay ("the goth look is so cool") and popped big when the Marilyn Manson song hit. He's 56 now and hated most modern music in the 90s since he was an 80s style musician but for some reason he absolutely loved Manson in the 90s at his peak. I guess it makes sense since he loves theatricality and that was a huge part of mansons appeal. I love my dad, wish he had watched with me as a kid. He was probably too embarrassed lol.

I think broken matt has some kind of serious appeal that would, if handled correctly, would be monstrous on the big stage. He even loved the idea that the lake in Matt's back yard had restorative gimmick powers even though he had no idea what the gimmicks were. Vanguard 1, Crazzy Steve, the smashing of the pumpkins, he loved it all

Real talk time.

I love TJ Perkins. Yes, even the dabbing. Dude is just having so much damn fun to hate him, and he's got some sick moves as well. Doesn't hurt that he's a super-nice super-humble guy who literally answers all of his fan questions on Twitter.

Dude should be every little kid's hero if he can just turn his personality up to an eleven. Love him to death but let's not deny that there's room for improvement. Shitty crowds ain't helping either.

No Jericho is a blessing at this point. Dude has been bogging down a LOOOOOT of PPV matches. His AJ Styles matches were horrible and AJ only started to shine once he got away from the dude and could cut loose, his Dean Ambrose match was...okay it was an Ambrose match, but it was by far the worst match of Ambrose's career, and in general he is just there to be put over by others at this point. Dude needs to retire already. It aint early 2000's Ric Flair levels of bad, but geez dude know when you're worn out and stale. Guy is dad rock the gimmick now and if he keeps up at this pace he's fishing for Xpac heat for just being done to death as a gimmick.
X-Pac heat? Dude is over as fuck. And is having his best run in years.

Real talk time.

don't know why anyone would be hating besides lazy nerds on the internet

You are right and I'd agree with you...if it was any other show than the Sumo Hall one. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that I'd have saved the Akiyama match till now. Although finding another challenger for Kento instead of Jun in that time probably would have been a struggle.

Yeah, and the show with Akiyama vs. Miyahara was, as the kids say, a struggle ass show with only 605 in attendance.

Beef's Bret Stupid Hart Review Scale of WrestlingGAF Poster FallingEdge

Look: 10/10
Ability: He KNOWS he can't beat me in VF, so 5/10
Promo: 7/10
Shoot: 7/10

tm24

I just read the Heroes Immortales results and i can't believe Murder & Monster Clown turned on Psycho clown. I am legit shooked

Menome

don't know why anyone would be hating besides lazy nerds on the internet

I still don't know what dabbing is, thus I can't hate it. He's not my favourite of the Cruiserweights, but that's because it's a damned strong division rather than any personal failings of his.

Top Bottom