• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

I'M BLIND, WHY ISN'T DARK THEME WORKING AHHHHGGGHHH!!!

tumblr_mxtpniCOd71qzmfgzo1_500.gif

I wish some billionaire with access to a major TV/cable network would start a wrasslin company with the right people and really put the boots to Vince. What a shitty "go home" show.

Mahonay

Banned
Just skimmed though that horrendous RAW.

The highlights:

- Big Mama Pump's tribute to the critically acclaimed Scott Steiner/HHH feud.

- The Titus bump that gravity forgot.

- "SUPLEX CITY! GOLDBERG SUCKS!". Heyman says fuck it and they just leave.

WHO WRITES THIS SHIT

UberTag

I wish some billionaire with access to a major TV/cable network would start a wrasslin company with the right people and really put the boots to Vince. What a shitty "go home" show.
Donald Trump will need something to amuse himself after he fails to win the presidency.
Someone front this idea to him over Twitter.

Also I see Perkins is getting the Balor treatment of thirty-something year old man being treated and referred to like he's in his early twenties and is still some kid.

Striker

Del Rio's run ended horribly (both times) but I wouldn't say he was always booked horribly.

World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WWE Championship (2 times)
WWE United States Championship (2 times)
Money in the Bank (Raw 2011)
Royal Rumble (2011)
Consistenly in the main event for several years
Made millions of dollars

I'm pretty sure most luchadors would sign up for this in a heartbeat.
I mean he wasn't used terribly but they did zero in terms of direction and story for his career post-Ricardo and in his title feuds. And his main rivals consisted of Ziggler, Big Shoe and Sheamus.

UberTag

Also I see Perkins is getting the Balor treatment of thirty-something year old man being treated and referred to like he's in his early twenties and is still some kid.
They even did this with Styles initially and it was laughable.
That they have the audacity to do this with accomplished veterans in their late-30s JUST because they haven't dipped their toe in the WWE before is just ludicrous to me.
It was ludicrous when they did it for Daniel Bryan. And it comes off ludicrous when they do it for anyone else.

Just imagine if they did this back in the early 90s for someone like Flair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well yeah, Cactus/Vader is the best match of the latter's career.

I definitely prefer Flair's match with him over any of the Sting ones though. Was it Flair chopping him into oblivion at the end that you don't like?

I'm not saying it was a bad match. I'm just saying if you wanted to make an argument for Ric Flair as one of the greatest, I'm not buying anything past that Rumble performance.

kiguel182

Watched the opening segment of Raw and I realized I didn't want to suffer through any more of it so I just watched Jericho looking for the list on YouTube and it was enjoyable.

What did I miss?

Smh at Raw getting its own 'Talking Smack'. I don't care to see any of the non-wrestling roster on Raw talk some random shit with the superstars.

Plus Talking Smack is perfect to add a potential half hour to a two hour show, fuck adding a show on the network that then makes Raw an extended three and a half hours (maybe even three quarters of an hour given how long Raw can ove-run).

Also calling someone sweetheart twice (both her and Charlotte are contenders for trying to make this a catchphrase), saying you're the Boss and dropping 'mee-yah' again? Sasha gonna give me alcohol poisoning before Royal Rumble rolls around.

Edit: Oh God, they mentioned Eddie again. Another shot.

klonere

Banned
watch the new progress show i think i forgot to post was up on demand instead

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/media/progress-chapter-37:-a-sudden-sense-of-liberty/55261

Bubblegum vs Chuck Mambo
Kay Lee Ray vs Kimber Lee
Fabian Aichner vs James Drake
Marty Scurll vs Joe Coffey vs Pete Dunne vs ???
The Origin vs The South Pacific Power Trip vs F.S.U.
Rampage Brown's Atlas Title Open Challenge
Mark Haskins (c) vs Zack Gibson

It's a really solid show, Fabian Aichner is fucking insane, the 4 way is great, the tag 3 way is a hoot, gosh what a show tbh

Angles where WWE wants fans to chant a certain thing non-stop rarely work out for them.

The only exception to that rule are ECW branded one off PPV's

Both One Night Stand events (although both top scores) were constantly being hit with ECW chants.

I actually loved those shows. The Cena heat. The JBL invasion. The first one with the 'Thank you Paulie'.....

I 'member

Ok so just seen some adverts for HIAC....

It appears as though the Women's title match is being touted as the main event? Or at least it's the only match I've seen advertised.

I've long said Charlotte is arguably the best wrestler in WWE right now and although I pretty much ignore the whole 'Girl Power' route they are going down I must say it's a welcome move.

As I say - the best people deserve the best spots.

Ok so just seen some adverts for HIAC....

It appears as though the Women's title match is being touted as the main event? Or at least it's the only match I've seen advertised.

I've long said Charlotte is arguably the best wrestler in WWE right now and although I pretty much ignore the whole 'Girl Power' route they are going down I must say it's a welcome move.

As I say - the best people deserve the best spots.
They're doing some sort of triple main event nonsense. AKA 'oh this match might not be the actual main event but it has the feel of one for sure!'

Charlotte vs Sasha, while drawn-out has been way better then most other feuds on Raw. Which isn't saying much, but at the very least their matches have been consistent enough and if they do have some actual spots planned, I say give them the main event slot.

Rollins vs Owens has been so disappointing both in and out of the ring, I say Rusev vs Roman would get my vote to main event before those two got the spot. But the Universal Title is still new and lacks a lot of credibility so giving up a main event slot so quick to another belt might not be what WWE wants.

But if Da Game, the Cerebral Assassin, the King of Kings has plans to come out, then he's getting that main event spot to close the show for sure.

Charlotte and Sasha has gone on one PPV too long, and there's no real bad blood between them to deserve a HiaC match. Hell, none of the matches do, save MAYBE Rusev/Roman. What is the story that they're trying to tell? What is their feud?

It's lacking direction and purpose and I'm worried it might impact my enjoyment of their match, as I'm expecting them to probably shave years off their careers, judging by how reckless Sasha is and how there's rumors of crazy spots that they both want to do. I just don't think this is a feud worth that kinda sacrifice.

Charlotte is indeed the best wrestler going at the moment, followed closely by AJ. In terms of promo, character and just telling a story in and out of the ring. Not sure what happened with the NXT transition of Sasha and Charlotte. Sasha was way better before hitting the main roster, but something just got lost in translation with her. Charlotte seems to just be getting better with each passing week and it's insane.

It obviously says a lot about how poor the women have been booked over the years, but I genuinely believe that Charlotte is easily one of the best women wrestlers of all time.

woo

orioto

Good Art™
Rollins as a face is not great but i feel it's working better than one month ago honestly.

Yet he's still not really cheered when in trouble so matchs with Owens beating him for minutes have dead crowds.

The double pin spot was fun and they still finished with Owens loking strong so that's fine with me.

It's surprising they didn't tease more of the Jericho/Owens feud. That whole main event picture is so weird.. They basically have nothing to tell and try to use whatever they find.. The sad truth is, the list, or even the jericho/owens friendship are not stories. They are random things that went kinda over for no reasons and they try to capitalize on it cause there is nothing else.

At least i was happy to see a real firce mean Owens. If you want him to be the heel maybe let him be a heel.

Rollins as a face is not great but i feel it's working better than one month ago honestly.

Yet he's still not really cheered when in trouble so matchs with Owens beating him for minutes have dead crowds.

The double pin spot was fun and they still finished with Owens loking strong so that's fine with me.

It's surprising they didn't tease more of the Jericho/Owens feud. That whole main event picture is so weird.. They basically have nothing to tell and try to use whatever they find.. The sad truth is, the list, or even the jericho/owens friendship are not stories. They are random things that went kinda over for no reasons and they try to capitalize on it cause there is nothing else.

At least i was happy to see a real firce mean Owens. If you want him to be the heel maybe let him be a heel.

The main event scene is a mess, because I'm assume leading into the draft they had this vision of building the "new era" around Finn, pushing up as a main event face. Y2KO would probably be feuding with New Day. Seth would still be a heel with Steph's endorsing.

Finn got injured, so they had to adjust the tag division. Turn Raw's biggest heel face. Turn Steph 'face'. etc; Basically they crowd isn't 100% behind Seff yet, and he's not giving them much reason to be. He still needs to find his footing as a face, I can't really blame him for being pretty vanilla and corny, but he needs to sort that shit out fast. I expected better from him, honestly.

Hopefully he loses and it leads to Owens Jericho. Which, once again, they probably weren't expecting to be super over. If you told me Jericho was probably the best thing about Raw a year ago, I would have laughed in your face.

The one time they seemingly try to book in advance and it bites them in the ass lol

klonere

Banned
I think I can glean the essence of the last few months of Charlotte/Sasha from the podcasts I listen to

[INT. NIGHT. FADE UP TO ARENA WIDE SHOT.]

Another anonymous arena anywhere in America. In the middle of the arena stands a RING, with SASHA BANKS and CHARLOTTE, two WWE Superstars.

[SWITCH TO HARD CAM SHOT]

Sasha Banks
I'm the boss!

Charlotte
I'm the queen!

Sasha Banks
I'm the baddest!

Charlotte
Wooo!
SOUND: Stephanie McMahon's music plays

STEPHANIE MCMAHON strides down the ramp, into the ring. She grabs the microphone from Sasha.

Stephanie McMahon
You are allowed by me to have a Hell in a Cell match

Sasha Banks
I'm the boss! Hell in a cell.

Charlotte
I'm the queen! Hell in a cell

SOUND: Mick Foley's music plays
MICK FOLEY hobbles down the ramp, clambers into the ring. He has his own microphone

Mick Foley
Hell in a cell, I'm a cripple. I once broke my TV because I thought this program was so bad.
[END]

Guys, did you know that Sasha Banks has wanted this ever since she was a little girl?

#Shoot: She is gonna be awful on the mic even when she turns heel to feud with Bayley.

Alucard

Banned
Charlotte and Sasha has gone on one PPV too long, and there's no real bad blood between them to deserve a HiaC match. Hell, none of the matches do, save MAYBE Rusev/Roman. What is the story that they're trying to tell? What is their feud?

It's lacking direction and purpose and I'm worried it might impact my enjoyment of their match, as I'm expecting them to probably shave years off their careers, judging by how reckless Sasha is and how there's rumors of crazy spots that they both want to do. I just don't think this is a feud worth that kinda sacrifice.

Charlotte is indeed the best wrestler going at the moment, followed closely by AJ. In terms of promo, character and just telling a story in and out of the ring. Not sure what happened with the NXT transition of Sasha and Charlotte. Sasha was way better before hitting the main roster, but something just got lost in translation with her. Charlotte seems to just be getting better with each passing week and it's insane.

It obviously says a lot about how poor the women have been booked over the years, but I genuinely believe that Charlotte is easily one of the best women wrestlers of all time.

woo

I thought Sasha was cheesy in NXT, and she's still cheesy on the main roster. The hip swivel is some major awkwardness during her entrance, and she sounds like a person trying to act cool REALLY hard.

Top Bottom