• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Tagyhag

How was raw?

raw

Even this double finish was lame.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That move is still safer than Rollins' powerbomb to the buckle or dasherboards.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
...are we supposed to buy that Seth is winning? Dude's been in title matches every single PPV for like 2 years, he has to leave the main event eventually.

I dont think everything about the attitude era was perfect, but go back and watch the RAW before Badd Blood 1997 and it makes so much logical sense compared to this.

Raw as a whole just feels so... bleh right now. Just look at their title feuds:

Universal - You have a guy who is barely even a babyface against two heels the crowd wants to cheer. The whole program has basically been going in circles for a month because the guy who started the feud doesn't want to show up during football season and seem like a non-draw.

Women's - Sasha and Charlotte put on great matches, but it's time to end it. The whole "women are equal" is good philosophy, but it doesn't make a good story. Sasha and Bayley didn't have a great feud in NXT because they main evented. They main evented because they had a great feud.

US - The heel is acting like the babyface and vice-versa. And the feud has gone on too long. Totally tone-deaf and idiotic.

Tag - The New Day feel stale and samey at this point. They are obviously just holding on to the titles to break the record and it shows. And for some reason WWE can't help but to give away the tag title matches on Raw before the PPVs.

Cruiserweight - The matches are good but the division has been handled poorly so there's no heat. They either focus on two guys every week or they throw them all together. I've never seen anyone do less with more time than they have with this division.

UberTag

Braun just doesn't seem mean to me. He is what Big Cass should be to be perfectly honest. Being the fun happy Mountain LumberJack Man could actually be something. Or nothing, I don't do booking.
Braun Strowman should still be the happy-go-lucky Oddities face character he was as part of the Rosebuds. Make him endearing as he awkwardly tries to socialize with the divas and gets turned away because of his enormous size and freakish appearance. You either get the fans behind him or have him snap and start mauling people like Sami after that. Just feeding him jobbers isn't going to get him over.

Why do I get this feeling
HHH
is going to ruin the match on Sunday.
There's no "feeling" about this. Have to set up Hunter vs. Rollins at Survivor Series somehow. Can't do it by making Owens and Jericho look strong.

I wonder how long it'll be before WWE makes an offer to Naito.

Not that I think he'd ever take it, but you know they'll probably try, especially if Nakamura has main roster success.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sanada seems like he'd be on the WWE radar.

Tall, handsome, in better shape than Okada, decent wrestler. Comes across as the 'heavy' a lot better than Itami does.

I really think Nakamura was an exception in terms of New Japan guys jumping ship, but maybe I'm wrong. Nakamura left because by all accounts he wanted to prove to himself that he could be a draw in every part of the world. He felt like he was done in New Japan.

I guess it's possible they could go after Naito with the idea that "New Japan doesn't value you", but I think that's a ridiculously hard sell.

I dont think everything about the attitude era was perfect, but go back and watch the RAW before Badd Blood 1997 and it makes so much logical sense compared to this.
That wasn't the ae era brother but the writers back then were wrestlers. They knew what worked, these Hollywood cyborgs programmed by Vince don't know shit.

The one guy I'm stunned isn't in NXT is Cole. He seemed like a sure bet a few years ago. And apparently they really like him, so it's surprising they haven't been able to get him.

Top Bottom