• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

somedevil

I doubt WWE knows/cares who Naito is. They'll probably notice him when they've already signed Okada, Tana, Ibushi and Omega.

They know probably know who is he. They really really wanted Ibushi but he wants to do his own thing. You know wrestling clowns and wrestling preshow matches under a mask for New Japan.

As Meltzer keeps saying wwe needs to pony up the money to get guys. Cole can make good money with ROH/NJPW

They've shown that they'll pony up for guys they really want (Balor being the prime example), but I'm guessing they don't want to drive the base of the market up by giving everyone those types of deals.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just don't think Cole is all that great. Seems like a waste of an acquisition to me. He's not that great and he's only gotten worse since his last injury.

Like I think O'reilly is a more likely indie signing than Cole. Or Dalton Castle. Or Jeff Cobb again if he didn't have the LU thing.

I'm pretty sure Naito doesn't speak English, which is one think Nakamura had in his favor when her cane to WWE.

Eh, Hideo and Asuka both didn't speak English when they were signed. Neither did Andrade.

This is all hypothetical by the way. There is a less than zero chance any of these top NJPW guys jumps ship. Like I said, I believe Nakamura was the exception.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Say it with me:

Naito is going to job.
220px-Gedo_2013.JPG

GEDO YOU GAJIN-LOVING, WWE BOOKING-OBSESSED FUCK

triple-h-angry.gif

I just don't think Cole is all that great. Seems like a waste of an acquisition to me. He's not that great and he's only gotten worse since his last injury.

Like I think O'reilly is a more likely indie signing than Cole. Or Dalton Castle. Or Jeff Cobb again if he didn't have the LU thing.

I think Cole is alright, but the surprise is more in the fact that they want him and can't get him. The only other guys I can think of that did that to them (at least that are public knowledge) are the Bucks and Ibushi.

I'm stunned that Cobb made it through their tryouts without getting signed. O'Reilly seems like a safe bet, but then again New Japan really likes him too. Really NJPW entering the US market was the worst thing for them because now all these top indie guys are getting picked off. They'll have to step their game up now.

That wasn't the ae era brother but the writers back then were wrestlers. They knew what worked, these Hollywood cyborgs programmed by Vince don't know shit.

It was close enough to the AE to be seen as the same product. They were still working the same style of programming during the 1997 HiaC build up that they were during the official AE. Austin has already stunned McMahon. Badd Blood 1997 was basically 3 weeks before the first official DX mention, and Shawn and Hunter were already acting like their DX version in the ring.

Really WWE has gotten a rude awakening on the whole indie thing recently. Two years ago it seemed like they could control the whole US scene and have whoever they picked from the indies. Now NJPW is fucking that up for them. And their whole plan of streaming indies on the Network is being fucked by this FloSlam stuff, even though I think that'll crash and burn at its current price point.

As it turns out, they still have to do at least some work if they want to get the guys and stuff they want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess WWE and Konnan must have some kind of heat because if I was WWE and I was trying to get some talent from Mexico, I'd sign Konnan on as a scout. He did it for years for AAA and a lot of the younger luchadores trust him.

I guess WWE and Konnan must have some kind of heat because if I was WWE and I was trying to get some talent from Mexico, I'd sign Konnan on as a scout. He did it for years for AAA and a lot of the younger luchadores trust him.

Konnan despised how they treated Rey at the end

It was close enough to the AE to be seen as the same product. They were still working the same style of programming during the 1997 HiaC build up that they were during the official AE. Austin has already stunned McMahon. Badd Blood 1997 was basically 3 weeks before the first official DX mention, and Shawn and Hunter were already acting like their DX version in the ring.
Montreal is the ae or that promo Vince gives.

Why would any luchcador or any Hispanic star go to WWE? They have a terrible track record.

The "it could never happen to ME" mentality

All those people right now suing Dixie because she scammed them? They knew she was scamming people. They just didn't think they'd be scammed too

Corgan knew she was a con artist. But he was her friend, he knew her for years before going there, he didn't think it could ever happen to him

You think you have a counter for the rollup until you get rolled up

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE will pay you better to screw you than AAA or CMLL will.

And you won't have to worry about Octagon showing up with armed thugs to unmask you.

Dude, Del Rio got treated like shit first-hand and even he still went back.

It's hard to resist when WWE comes calling apparently.

He won the largest Rumble ever. He's what? 2-3 time world champ? He had to drop down the card a little, let other people have their turn. Some racist prick got him fired(? or to quit?). He was super stale at the time. Left on bad terms.

Was called, promised a clean win over Cena for the US title, probably a good push in a hot new group with Sheamo and Rusev. Involved with Vince and New Cena. Main event involvements!

All fell to shit and he peaced out again. I'm sure it's hard for a lot of people, but it's not like he was doing the job for a couple of bucks.

Raw64life

Del Rio's run ended horribly (both times) but I wouldn't say he was always booked horribly.

World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WWE Championship (2 times)
WWE United States Championship (2 times)
Money in the Bank (Raw 2011)
Royal Rumble (2011)
Consistenly in the main event for several years
Made millions of dollars

I'm pretty sure most luchadors would sign up for this in a heartbeat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The same thing is going to happen to Nakamura, they are going to pay him all this money but book him so bad that he leaves.
I don't know why everyone is so convinced that every wrestler is a huge mark for themselves.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just watched the Bayley armwrestling shit on youtube and my god what the hell have they done? They're burying the shit out of that poor girl. All this time she spent paying her dues, she finally achieves her dream and she's getting boring chants and basically boo'd off stage just a month after her debut. Kind of hard to find words for this writing and booking.

Raw is such a fucking disaster between awful face Seth (I can't believe I thought I wanted this), Anderson and Gallows descent to Social Outcasts 2.0, Vince continuing to kick dirt into the grave of the cruiserweight division... I'm almost afraid to watch the Strowman Zayn clip.

The only good thing I've seen in these Raw clips from tonight was the Enzo and Cass microphone promo. Crowd might as well have been throwing their wallets in the ring those guys are cash money.

Top Bottom