• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

I thought Sasha was cheesy in NXT, and she's still cheesy on the main roster. The hip swivel is some major awkwardness during her entrance, and she sounds like a person trying to act cool REALLY hard.

Which, if you followed Sasha Banks's character development in NXT, is exactly what the character is.

Alvarez is reporting Sasha vs Charlotte is either closing or opening the show since WWE fear that the crowd might leave the show after the match if it's in the middle or near the end.

If true, it basically confirms WWE haven't decided what match is going when.

Oersted

Was that the worst use of Brock since his return?

I think it was.

Maybe Vince watched UFC and is convinced Brock is Canadian?

I'll have to search that. Also, Baylee got booed? How can you ruin Baylee this quickly?

Smackdown continues to be the A show it seems.

Calling it an A show is quite the stretch

Striker

WWE never have a plan B, that's the issue

That leads to panic options like bringing back Oldberg
That's why they hastily brought back The Undertaker in 2015.

And I've watched some of TNA's stuff on their YT page and I gotta say, Lashley's gotten a lot better in the speaking department. He looks great, can perform more than enough, and can talk. One of the better all-around guys right now. Shame he's in a low-tier organization. I miss WCW.

CvnIfn3WYAA4Uud.jpg

You seem like a man in the know.

What are the chances of WWE really doing independents streaming or content?

oh i'm hardly in on the graps twitter inner circle

as far as I understand it, it's a play they are/were looking to make, and they got scooped. flo had a decent funding round, and will be looking at the same groups as wwe, so drives prices up

cope of extra bits on the #BigNews from da meltz

CvjSPucWIAAb8vv.jpg:large

CvjSgKPXYAQGlpO.jpg:large

We talked about PWG yesterday lol

don't go RBH on us now man

And I've watched some of TNA's stuff on their YT page and I gotta say, Lashley's gotten a lot better in the speaking department. He looks great, can perform more than enough, and can talk. One of the better all-around guys right now. Shame he's in a low-tier organization. I miss WCW.

Lashley should go to NJPW.

He'll never go back to the wwf as long as Hayes is there anyway.

I've just started Raw and what is this? Owens is right to mention "childish little antics" because this entire segment is just one big "what?" moment, WWE got wind that the list was over and have done what they do best, ruin it via a baffling segment where grown men treat a slip of paper like it's the title itself.

And then after this we segue into "Hell in a Cell is totally barbaric guys", the mood whiplash here is unreal.

I've just started Raw and what is this? Owens is right to mention "childish little antics" because this entire segment is just one big "what?" moment, WWE got wind that the list was over and have done what they do best, ruin it via a baffling segment where grown men treat a slip of paper like it's the title itself.

And then after this we segue into "Hell in a Cell is totally barbaric guys", the mood whiplash here is unreal.

welcome to the new era

I think the main reason the Cruiserweights don't get too big of areaction is because the crowd expects constant flippy-shit, not creative submission holds.

I mean, you've got guys like Styles or Seth doing a lot of stuff too, so it's hard to sell it as a bunch of new and unique things.

klonere

Banned
Listening to Review a Raw go over that Heyman segment, I nearly burst out laughing going for lunch. Sounds absolutely incredible. This company is just the best.

I think the main reason the Cruiserweights don't get too big of areaction is because the crowd expects constant flippy-shit, not creative submission holds.

I mean, you've got guys like Styles or Seth doing a lot of stuff too, so it's hard to sell it as a bunch of new and unique things.

It's more about some hilariously garbage booking imo

It's more about some hilariously garbage booking imo
Maybe. But I dunno. The crowd gets hot when the performers are doing the flippy stuff, but when it's the regular shit like submissions or normal wrestling, they tune out (or chant CM Punk), probably because they expect 24/7 dives and flips.

so Rollins is winning on Sunday huh
Not when he can have a likely disappointing critically-acclaimed match with HHH!

Woah, it's been years since they trotted out the always uninteresting arm wrestling segment.
Oh my word, a cheap shot, WHAT A TWIST!
Save me Smackdown.

Recall

Maybe. But I dunno. The crowd gets hot when the performers are doing the flippy stuff, but when it's the regular shit like submissions or normal wrestling, they tune out (or chant CM Punk), probably because they expect 24/7 dives and flips.

Not when he can have a likely disappointing critically-acclaimed match with HHH!

The crowd don't care for the cruiserweights. They've been given no reason to. The moment CWC ended all actuall booking, storytelling and foresight ended giving us matches for matches sake.

It ain't the same.

imBask

Banned

HHH vs Rollins and Goldberg vs Lesnar? good thing I decided not to make the trip to Toronto

And now Bo Dallas followed by Golden Truth vs Los Matadores puerto rico edition, why am I watching this again? I feel like I've got a sunk cost fallacy going on here.

Hex

Banned

Trips is one behind Cena in the belt thing right?
They should have him trying to get the belt from Seth to beat his great buddy Flair's legacy before Cena can.
(Or stopping Cena)

yeah his G1 matches with Nakajima, Naito and ladder match vs Omega have all been excellent. Oh and the last Naito match as well.

dope, i rescind my shrug then, i won't skip his next pwg match

though i made that mistake with Cage, hated him in PWG, LU made him seem really awesome, tried him again in PWG and still garbage

klonere

Banned
He's gotten popular in NJPW, and I don't understand why. I mean he's had some good matches, but pretty much anyone could go to NJPW and look like a million bucks.

Yeah Camacho, Chase Owens, Adam Page are all mega standouts now

You can't just say that NJPW has some sort of magic fairy dust that makes people good - they have to have some talent and put in a hard work to get there first.

klonere

Banned
dope, i rescind my shrug then, i won't skip his next pwg match

though i made that mistake with Cage, hated him in PWG, LU made him seem really awesome, tried him again in PWG and still garbage

Cage definitely works better in a non-live environment where they can er, edit out his botches.

Trips is one behind Cena in the belt thing right?
They should have him trying to get the belt from Seth to beat his great buddy Flair's legacy before Cena can.
(Or stopping Cena)

According to what culture

Cena has 15
HHH has 14
Orton has 12 and is the youngest
Sting on 15 (although he retired soon after the list was made)
Kurt Angle on 13 (although again he may very soon retire)

If I had to bet.... Cena will get it first
If I go with my gut.... Orton will beat it first and end up with the most by the time he retires

Raw64life

Yeah Camacho, Chase Owens, Adam Page are all mega standouts now

You can't just say that NJPW has some sort of magic fairy dust that makes people good - they have to have some talent and put in a hard work to get there first.

How many G1s have those guys been in? I'm not gonna say Elgin is as bad as Camacho, but he got a rocket push by getting thrown into the G1s and immediately getting to work with all the best wrestlers. He's like a mini-Cesaro with even less charisma.

shanafan

Wow..... Arguably one of the best. Do yourself a favour and check it out man.

I wish the original airing was still available. I have read that on the live show, fans actually cheered when Hogan was eliminated, but in the tape and WWE Network version, the crowd noise is altered to not reflect this.

Top Bottom