• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Sephzilla

Speaking of arm wrestling contests

Since I don't remember this, I'm guessing #VinceLogic said that John Cena beat Mark Henry, a man who legitimately has a claim to the title Worlds Strongest Man, in an arm wrestling contest.
If you told me this happened on MLK day I wouldn't be surprised either.

Ti8rBjg.png

i was very proud of this on twitter and no-one saw it

Hahaha okay this made me laugh.

Hasney

Still trying to work out "If your Dady's gone, But your Mama's home, We can bring her, We ain't got now shame" is supposed to mean.

Hasney

I mean, I like him, but have you seen the success of 'guy who dances' gimmicks?

Usually more success than the "has no charisma but dabs. Also video games." TJ Perkins gimmick. Think Swann has the advantage because it comes naturally to him rather than being saddled with the gimmick. A quick groove mid-match can be as good as a Spin-A-Roonie.

Usually more success than the "has no charisma but dabs. Also video games." TJ Perkins gimmick. Think Swann has the advantage because it comes naturally to him rather than being saddled with the gimmick. A quick groove mid-match can be as good as a Spin-A-Roonie.
? TJP has stated himself the gimmick was his own idea. Dabbing has always been his thing and he said that he worked with creative to help develop the gimmick.

Started listening to the second part of the Austin-Jesse Ventura podcast. Jesse emphatically stated "babyfaces couldn't create." Such a goddamn true statement. None of the current faces are doing anything interesting.

Hasney

? TJP has stated himself the gimmick was his own idea. Dabbing has always been his thing and he said that he worked with creative to help develop the gimmick.

Oh no, I'm not saying the TJP gimmick was forced on him, I meant Rich Swann compared to other dancers like Brodus Clay. I just think TJPs gimmick is pretty bad in general, which is a shame, because I dig him.

Went back to see what Gaf's reactions to the Shield's debut was like and y'all were fucking hot for Ambrose. Everyone was losing it over him. Confirming that FCW Ambrose is best Ambrose.
Those were the days where people had been hyping "dean ambrose week" ever since his twitter feud with Foley that went nowhere.

Remember that first time The Shield and the Wyatts had a showdown and it was the coolest thing?
That one time WWE were completely on point, with two factions none the less.

Big R is how you book a monster and not have to send him straight to the main event

ZWxzQzw.gif
I don't know who this is but I respect that chokeslam, reminds me of when Show's used to actually be good.

Oh no, I'm not saying the TJP gimmick was forced on him, I meant Rich Swann compared to other dancers like Brodus Clay. I just think TJPs gimmick is pretty bad in general, which is a shame, because I dig him.
Ah, right. I don't think Swann has a dancing gimmick, it's just right now, the only thing that's been shown to be noticeable on the main roster is the fact he dances.

The roster is still new all around, everyone needs to find their footing. Kendrick, as the aged veteran, is the only one with some character grounding. TJP seems like a safe start, his gimmick is the type that can entertain kids and as he himself has said, he wants to be an inspiration for Filipino people which WWE probably have thought about as well to attract some of that audience.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Swann and Cedric Alexander could both be doing much better if creative didn't just box them in to this place where they have an entire division without meaningful characters or feuds. Like, the only guy on the Cruiserweight division with anything happening character-wise is Brian Kendrick, who, while I like, he's how old now?

The way Raw treats the Cruiserweights is the way they treated the Divas division for years and how they handle every woman that's not Charlotte or Sasha now. There's nothing meaningful happening and then they expect us to care about these samey, boring matches.

Hasney

I kinda hope the No Way Jose/Swann tag team sticks together. Help him out of the cruiserweight division and I've been digging them in NXT.

Big Shows chokeslam never looked good. Kane had a better chokeslam

16638%20-%20Raw%20X-pac%20chokeslam%20gif%20kane%20referee%20sean_waltman%20tim_white%20wwf.gif
There's a chance I'm letting the AKI N64 era animation of the Showstopper cloud my judgement.

Man, Kane's chokeslam must be the most nerfed evergreen finisher in WWE history.
With maybe the Walls of Jericho coming close.

BUT DA DEMON KING

He's 35 but people act like he's 25 because he's from NXT! He's still a kid, goddammit!

One of the reasons why I don't like the idea of Joe beating Brock. People keep bringing that up, but Joe is nearly 40. What good is being the one to fell the beast when you likely don't have the time to make the most of it..? Use it to push the younger gen. If you didn't use Taker's streak to put someone new over (Brock sure as hell didnt need it), then at least give Brock to someone in their late 20s/early 30s. That way you're most likely guaranteed 10+ years.

I can't see them going back to Rock/Austin tenures as the top guy, especially if they keep trying to push Roman for Cena's position at the top. Looking for another 10+ year guy to put the company on their back.

I don't think the whole "big win permanently putting over young guy" angle really works these days.
With inconsistent arse WWE booking and a general lack of charisma with newer talent I don't think the big win approach can set anyone up for life.

They are bad cash-in movies.

Still made 100Mil over it's budget. But apparently 50% less than the first film.

I don't think the whole "big win permanently putting over young guy" angle really works these days.
With inconsistent arse WWE booking and a general lack of charisma with newer talent I don't think the big win approach can set anyone up for life.

It doesn't put him over permanently. It's a huge risk, because you're strapping a rocket on their back and hoping it pays off. Because if it doesn't, you wasted a huge moment on a dud. And I think WWE has a good track record of having a younger, new start having a breakout moment, and then using that moment and subsequent push to cement themselves. Giving Brock the streak was great and would be amazing no matter what and people wouldn't riot over that. But it was safe and didn't do all THAT much for Brock at the end of the day. It's like gaining XP for a character that's max level.

klonere

Banned

I wonder how many months/years it would take them of fixing the whole wins/losses don't matter thing

Pikma

Banned
Now that's a star.
It's to bad that you know he is ......well you know.
Not saying these fuckers ain't racist but have you seen who the tag team champs have been for the last 400 days?

Honestly hate it when someone brings race like that, without there being a reason to...

Sephzilla

Fan reaction ie, complete re-education of the audience on how to react to wins and losses in a more appropriate way

Very little time, I think. I think in the eyes of a lot of fans wins and losses still do matter, which is why a huge fucking ton of the roster isn't that over and why everybody in the current era gets so overshadowed when an old timer comes back.

Top Bottom