• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

I wonder how many months/years it would take them of fixing the whole wins/losses don't matter thing

I think it'd be easier to do than you'd think. If you want to easily put it over, and it'd take a lot of effort on their part to keep it up-- but have a ranking system where you can rise and fall up the standings. When you reach the top, you get a shot. But if you lose clean, you drop back to the bottom of the ladder. Even if people didn't have story reasons to fight, fighting for a higher spot on the list is better than fighting because... uh... reasons.

The only time wins and loses seem to matter these days was Taker's streak and whenever Cena loses clean.

bringing you the hot dark twitter scoops

lul3qVI.png

https://twitter.com/mybrazyIife/status/789857745927303168

mandy rose is in trouble with black wrestling twitter
Wow.

Sephzilla

At what point would you say nWo jumped the shark?

When the nWo stopped being ex-WWF guys. The nWo honestly jumped the shark multiple times, though.

-- When it stopped being ex-WWF guys
-- When Vergil joined
-- When Bischoff joined
-- Wolfpac
-- Sting joining the Wolfpac
-- Fingerpoke of Doom

klonere

Banned
lmao its very clear that Glen isn't a fan of Meltzer at all. Got very awkward on commentary at Chapter 37 when Callum brought him up

There's rumors that Ellsworth will be turning up tonight.

They're gonna kill the joke by having him be a full-time character, aren't they? He should be gone until the rumble.

There's rumors that Ellsworth will be turning up tonight.

They're gonna kill the joke by having him be a full-time character, aren't they? He should be gone until the rumble.

Yep. He was great for the first time he showed up on Smackdown, then they should've had him as a surprise entrant for the rumble. Have him pop up randomly to piss off AJ before AJ just deals with his ass.

oo7

Is there a reason that there is a belief that the diehard fans want Charlotte and Sasha to close the ppv? Honest question, as I'm fairly certain that neither of them, especially Sasha have earned it. She comes in, gets hurt, then comes back and gets thrown right back into the title picture, then gets hurt again, yada yada yada. I'm just sayin man, these ladies are still not on the level of the women in the late 90s

klonere

Banned
Is there a reason that there is a belief that the diehard fans want Charlotte and Sasha to close the ppv? Honest question, as I'm fairly certain that neither of them, especially Sasha have earned it. She comes in, gets hurt, then comes back and gets thrown right back into the title picture, then gets hurt again, yada yada yada. I'm just sayin man, these ladies are still not on the level of the women in the late 90s

Considering they aren't in storylines that involve bra and panty matches, miscarriages, abortions or "ho trains" I'd say they are pretty fucking far ahead mate

oo7

Considering they aren't in storylines that involve bra and panty matches, miscarriages, abortions or "ho trains" I'd say they are pretty fucking far ahead mate

Ahh yes, storylines are so absurd! I love their current storyline of "I'm the champ" and "I want to be the champ!"

klonere

Banned

and just to follow up on this, in storyline, none of the other matches really make as compelling a case as "first ever women's hell in a cell match". It's yet another Seth Rollins title challenge in his fucking abysmally written face turn and a midcard belt title match.

Sephzilla

Ahh yes, storylines are so absurd! I love their current storyline of "I'm the champ" and "I want to be the champ!"

Hey now. One person going "I'm the best" and another person going "No, I'm the best" gave us one of the best storylines in the history of wrestling

KDr9v.jpg

Hey now. One person going "I'm the best" and another person going "No, I'm the best" gave us one of the best storylines in the history of wrestling

KDr9v.jpg

When it's two people who legitimately are and they have two separate and massive fan bases, you don't really need much more than that. So good.

Recall

KDr9v.jpg

Doesn't mean it should be the only storyline.

Name me a storyline featuring Roman Reigns in the last 3 years. An actual story.

Those were the days where people had been hyping "dean ambrose week" ever since his twitter feud with Foley that went nowhere.

That one time WWE were completely on point, with two factions none the less.

I don't know who this is but I respect that chokeslam, reminds me of when Show's used to actually be good.

Please enjoy Big R Shimizu, Dragon Gate's big boy. A three year vet with over 400 matches under his belt, he is Dragon Gate's big, strong lad.
Rvd3pYN.gif

DG1.16-3.gif

A good primer on Shimizu is here: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/10/25/big-r-shimizu-bombs-away/

Sephzilla

I think what really made Austin/Hart a next level feud was that the two of them made that shit feel real. It felt like those two guys legitimately hated each others guts. The funny thing is Austin and Bret respected the hell out of each other but made their on-screen selves seem like they had legitimate heat. Meanwhile Hart and HBK legitimately hated each other at the time but never made it really translate to TV.

God damn I wish I could visit the alternate reality where HBK left for WCW instead of Bret.

I feel like i'm missing something with this story, could someone catch me up?

She makes fun of a black hairstyle in one tweet

Some time later she takes a selfie with her hair in a traditional black hairstyle, not seeing the problem

And I know someone's going to say "so she can't have braids or dreads etc" and the answer isn't that white people can't do their hair in that style. The issue is one group of people is ridiculed and mocked for having that as their natural hair. The issue is someone mocking that shit on one hand and then doing it, (intentionally or not) saying she can wear a culture better, on the other hand.

There have obviously been far better and more in-depth thinkpieces about this subject, google "black hair importance" etc

It's also pretty telling she took that first picture behind the person's back. Almost like she felt there might be something wrong with what she was doing...

Top Bottom