• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Fox318

WWE is shit, they redo the same matches over and over again damn near every RAW

for the amount of content they have to fill they just can't do it.

They have to essentially give away PPV matches every week now with non finishes.

Thats why when Brock was champion he added so much to the title. He didn't defend it on free TV so it made them build it up to a match on the PPV.

If Cena, Roman, or Seth was champion they would be in main events or tag matches every week.

dream

It makes no sense. If you're going to do some stunt title swaps just put it on Cody. EC3 makes too much sense which is why they didn't do it. But putting it on EE means a heel turn out of nowhere next episode or have him feud with one of the other main event heels. OH WAIT THERE ARE NO OTHER MAIN EVENT HEELS.

I guess in Impact's defense, they're taping like 2 more months' worth of TV over the next few days, so maybe Eddie's going to be a transitional champ. I just hope it doesn't go to Aron Rex. Aron Rex is so bad.

Kendrick is such a smart choice for first title feud. Sure, he's a familiar face but dude is making people care with his character work

Otherwise who do you have? Cocky guy who does flips bragging? Not interesting

God that antismoking commercial was awful
They're the worst.

I dont know about this. Cant tell if they lost faith or want him chasing the title

Edit: oh non title? And he raked his nose. Guess that's fine

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Champ loses clean on Raw. Quality booking mateys!

Anth0ny

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I dunno, doesn't that make perfect sense. Spanky has lost every match on TV. He's clearly been built up as a loser. This is 70s style southern booking, imo.

Makes it repetitive so he beats him then he gets a title match a match weve already seen... let kendrick beat someone else if you want to build it up

Zabka

Raw is the fucking worst why did I put this shit on

There is someone backstage saying "We need to build some interest in this feud. Job the champ out in a non-title match." at least twice per episode.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey guys, it's like Street Fighter. You can lose a round and still win the match.

Please have Charlotte retain tonight, her reign is currently one of the few entertaining parts of Raw. They might jump-start the Nia-Sasha feud by having the show close out on her running in to beat up Sasha while she's celebrating.

orioto

Good Art™
I don't know why people have issues with a challenger beating the champ in a non title.

I like it.

What WWE things it achieves : Contender looks strong so there is suspens for the next title match

What it actually achieves : Makes your wanted kid's hero looks weak and fragile after 2 weeks only..

At lest don't have him tape out after a 10 minutes match..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Seth babyface turn would have worked great if they hadn't made him come back heel to begin with.

LiQuid!

Now that there is a PPV every week, those are like raw and smackdown used to be, they are basically the real weekly show. Raw and Smackdown now are like extended episodes of superstars and main event where we get nonstop rematches of ppv matches, non-title matches, awful 50/50 booking, and finishes that dont matter like roman and rusev double countout after a half hour match last week. Its' just a waste of time. Raw is a waste of time. Smackdown has interesting writing at least but even that is just a vehicle to give them shit to talk about on Talking Smack for me.

I thought Raw was on a positive trajectory coming out of Mania this year. It was pretty fine up until the Brand split. But aside from a couple of episodes, this post brand split Raw is just fucking unwatchable.

Fox318

Hey guys, it's like Street Fighter. You can lose a round and still win the match.

That's fine if the champ doesn't wrestle every week or is a heel.

But a new champion babyface who has had some issues staying over as a face doesn't need a loss like that a week later after beating the same guy at a PPV.

They have the roster to have Kendrick beat somebody else.

The 50/50 booking dynamic combined with overexposure of wrestling content is fucking killing wrestling.

Hell they could have had a sick cruiserweight tag match tonight and that would have represented the division.

Top Bottom