• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

klonere

Banned
Updated BOLA 2016 rankings:
1. Ricochet vs. Jeff Cobb
2. Pentagon Jr. vs. Marty Scurll
3. John Hennigan vs. Matt Sydal

I had forgotten how tiring PWG shows are to watch on tape because every match is booked in the main event finisher/kick out style. Watching one or two matches a night is the way to go if you're not there in person.

The best way to get through PWG shows is to play EVE Online on one screen and PWG on the other.

You can just look over and rewind when the crowd starts banging on the ring

I'm 75% serious

Also, this has to be the year of tournaments. The G1 was great. King of Gate was great. BJW's Ikkitousen Strong Climb was great. BOLA looks to be as good as usual. AJPW's Champion Carnival had some great highlights. The Cruiserweight Classic was great, and this year's Dusty Classic has been pretty good. The weakest tournament might have been the Super J, oddly enough.

The final night of the Super J is probably the worst show of the year that I have watched.

Although Oudou is the worst overall tournament I think. Goddamnit Suwama.

Katsuhiko Nakajima trying to work folks into a shoot with his "declaration of war" against Okada and Kento Miyahara: http://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/791141306441539584

Interesting fact, every major Japanese promotion (except DG and DDT funnily enough) champion is 30 or under (Nakajima, Miyahara, Okada, Inaba, Kamitani)

jmdajr

image.jpg

Everything hurts

Alex is a such a good heel

HIAC better be an amazing PPV with how hard they're pushing everything this year. Especially the TRIPLE MAIN EVENT. TRIPLE. MAIN. EVENT

Anyone remember that crazy 5 Star Show from January run by the shitty videogame? They're running again this January in Dundee with 5 Star Champion: John Morrison
'The Big Guy' Ryback
Drew Galloway
Joe Coffey
Jimmy Havoc
PJ Black
Carlito
Jay Lethal
Global Heavyweight Champion: Nick Aldis

I was convinced we'd never hear of this lot again. they at least gave us this wonderful #squadgoals photo

Huh, that's quite a few relatively big names coming to my neck of the woods. Can't say I'm not a little tempted.

All Japan being the alternative to new Japan is a great nice.

To be fair, DDT and Dragon Gate have always served as alternatives. And now AJPW recovering, grimy indies like Basara and HEAT-UP getting buzz from Wrassle Twitter, and DNA finding its own, more good alternatives exist than ever.

To be fair, DDT and Dragon Gate have always served as alternatives. And now AJPW recovering, grimy indies like Basara and HEAT-UP getting buzz from Wrassle Twitter, and DNA finding its own, more good alternatives exist than ever.
.Japanese indie sleaze is my limit as a wrestling watcher

And of course, BJW is humming along with its big lads and helping folks find themselves again. SANADA needed the brief run in BJW to be ready for NJPW.

Kaladin

So.........TNA is pretty much fucked if what I read about the lawsuit is correct, right?

Or at least Dixie Carter is done and it will continue under Corgan if he can bail the company out.

So.........TNA is pretty much fucked if what I read about the lawsuit is correct, right?

Or at least Dixie Carter is done and it will continue under Corgan if he can bail the company out.

I read the same thing.

TNA will die. They'll totally rebrand it under Corgan or something.

Kaladin

I'm convinced that Dixie Carter will have to be dragged away in handcuffs before she gives up TNA

That may very well end up happening depending on how this lawsuit goes.

I'm also suspecting that when Corgan gets the companies full financials, he will find they're in worse shape than previously thought.

Top Bottom