• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Talking Smack is a lot of fun, but it helps that SmackDown is the fun show and not the slog show. Renee and DB work pretty well together on that type of show so it really does add something to the show. Mick Foley doesn't seem nearly at the role as DB does, so I don't know that the Raw version is going to be any good. There's also the fact that I don't really want to watch a Raw version after a 3 hour raw filled with nonsense.

I really like that DB is playing a neutral character as opposed to just being a face GM.

Sephzilla

Fans of better movies than Robocop 2014 have swung and missed me, Friend Seph.

giphy.gif

Recall

NJPW World is infuriating to navigate.

2016 has so much content (great) yet it's not organised to make it easy to find either the full show or separate vod they create of just a match.

Also they double everything by also adding in the English commentary vods too.

:(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ariya Daivari's a heel 100%, but the condescending foreign jerk gimmick's been his since well before working for WWE. He was one of the bigger heels in our local indies in Minneapolis.

I mostly mean that he's not really anything at the moment because I don't think he's had any promo time at all on Raw.

I don't really understand the way they're managing the Cruiserweight division. They appear on both Raw and NXT, but the real question is WHY? They're trying to push Cedric as a regular wrestler on NXT, but then he's a CW on Raw? I don't get how that works or what benefit they get from that other than filling time.

If that was what they were doing, they would have done better to just implement an NXT Showcase on Raw where there are live NXT matches that happen on Raw with NXT people who aren't full-time on the main roster yet.

ignoring false claims is not the solution brother

Sometimes, other people are wrong on the internet, but it isn't worth it to have the argument to change their minds.

Recall

there was an attack to my character, I have to get my shit in and protect my spot. I refuse to job to Prof Ospreay

Mark Henry had ZERO pro wrestling training before he got to WWE.

No other wrestler has ever been so green and never had a chance to learn the basics outside of the spotlight.

It took him 15 years to find his stride.

The same length of time (sort of) wrestlers would travel the world, learn in Mexico, Japan and travel the globe to hone their craft before getting called up.

Mark Henry is shit but the deck was stacked against him from the get go. Not everyone can be Kurt Angle ;)

somedevil

Some news from the TNA disaster from Ryan Satin:

Billy says he's seen proof that TNA is in discussions with WWE about a sale & that Dixie told them she was just gonna pay Corgan back. WOW!

Plus the next tapings in Nov are postponed due to no money. So it looks like the matches at the Hardy compound might not happen unless they get paid.

Hasney

I think the reason they're on NXT still is the rumored Cruiserweight network show.

Also, because NXT is really depleted atm.

They said in advance they'd be on NXT to keep them working, because there's a lot of them to feature in 1 or 2 segments per night, so it's something for them to do... Which is nice I guess.

Sephzilla

Your mileage may vary, but I watched all of Seinfeld last year and was thoroughly entertained. I was surprised how decently it held up considering it was a pre-9/11 comedy show.

somedevil

From all this TNA news the only best case Scenario I see is Billy wins takes over and partners with the fightnetwork to save it.

Cause the other outcome looks like TNA is over and the WWE gets the tape library.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing that someone can be involved in pro wrestling for 14 years straight and not know any of the inner workings of it.

Angry Grimace

I think the reason they're on NXT still is the rumored Cruiserweight network show.

Also, because NXT is really depleted atm.

It's getting better though with the new recruits (many of whom are probably TV ready). They're still missing that one big star that can hold the NXT title and lead the company. The rumor was that they wanted Adam Cole to be that guy, but they couldn't sign him due to ROH insisting his contract was extended due to an injury period.

Top Bottom