• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Said noncompete clauses essentially means TNA would be sold to them for less than their original offer, and because they're pissed about not getting their original offer, for the hell of it Dixie and Corgan would both legally not be allowed to make another wrestling company for at least a year. Was going to report about that 2 weeks ago when I first heard it, but I thought it was too stupid and evil to be legit. Welp!

This is fucked up from all sides. Literally no good guys here, just more and more evil

Kaladin

It's worth noting for those not keeping up, Anthem is their most recent investor.....so that $1.8 million is from the Bound For Glory tapings.

Sephzilla

Slush puppies > all other slushie

oh-yeah-gif-obama.gif

Billy is the good guy, friend.

The guy who worked with Dixie for at least one full year in the front office before this? Who got to see her not paying anybody personally? Who thought after all that, it wouldn't happen to him?

Knowing this shit's happening to everyone around you, but until the moment you're the one it's happening to, not caring or trying to stop it. I'm gonna go ahead and call that evil. Again, various levels of progressive evil here, 2 bad things can be bad etc.

Aren't the top guys paid constantly while everyone else isn't?

If the Total Nonstop Deletion tapings aren't happening due to lack of funds, that means the Hardys haven't been paid. It's happening at their compound. If it's not happening, they got stiffed.

If the Hardys aren't getting paid on time, nobody is. And I already assumed that when it was revealed last week that at least at one point, Hogan got paid late while he was around.

Kaladin

Anthem has issued press release saying it is willing to pay off Corgan and Aroluxe's Jason Brown will become new ceo.

Sims just said Carter made offer for Corgan to buy her out. Everyone involved is trying to make a deal Sims says.

Sims says Dixie emailed WWE to say she wont sell to them until Billy is out.

that is the end of Corgan's lawyer's arguement, TNA is next

https://twitter.com/tnnaterau

Kaladin

TNA attorney Travis Parham is up now. He calls lawsuit a scheme by Corgan to take over the company and force out Carter.

He says lawsuit has created a creditor crisis and hurt TNA's financial standing.

TNA has good will, notoriety, merchandising, licensing and is an international brand.

Parham says TNA is a valuable, well known commodity. Carter owns 92.5 pct, Anthem owns 2 pct and Aroluxe owns 5 pct.

Parham said TNA anticipated short term cash flow problems and knew its new business model would be a challenge.

Parham said cash flow company came to roost this summer and Corgan gave a loan that could be transferred to equity.

Corgan lent more money in July and had right to convert loan to 12.5 pct interest. Parham is arguing TNA is not insolvent.

A third loan from Corgan came in August, Parham said. But he says Corgan's loans were oportunistic to benefit himself.

He says Corgan wanted 22.5 pct in company after third loan and insisted on pledge agreement.

Parham said Corgan wanted all principal, 6 pct interest and 50 pct equity kicker as condition of 3-month loan in August.

Parham called that deal a 200 pct rate of return that would make a loan shark blush.

Kaladin

TNA attorney Travis Parham is up now. He calls lawsuit a scheme by Corgan to take over the company and force out Carter.

He says lawsuit has created a creditor crisis and hurt TNA's financial standing.

TNA has good will, notoriety, merchandising, licensing and is an international brand.

Parham says TNA is a valuable, well known commodity. Carter owns 92.5 pct, Anthem owns 2 pct and Aroluxe owns 5 pct.

Parham said TNA anticipated short term cash flow problems and knew its new business model would be a challenge.

Parham said cash flow company came to roost this summer and Corgan gave a loan that could be transferred to equity.

Corgan lent more money in July and had right to convert loan to 12.5 pct interest. Parham is arguing TNA is not insolvent.

A third loan from Corgan came in August, Parham said. But he says Corgan's loans were oportunistic to benefit himself.

He says Corgan wanted 22.5 pct in company after third loan and insisted on pledge agreement.

Parham said Corgan wanted all principal, 6 pct interest and 50 pct equity kicker as condition of 3-month loan in August.

Parham called that deal a 200 pct rate of return that would make a loan shark blush.

cont. from previous page....

Parham called Corgan's loan a "heads I win, tails you lose" deal. He says Corgan has resisted efforts to repay his loan.

Corgan doesn't want to be refinanced and paid off, because he wants 92.5 pct in company, Parham said.

"Whatever risk," Corgan faced, "he's been incredibly well compensated," Parham said.

Parham said Corgan offered to buy company the day his loan agreement expired. That would have included paying off Aroluxe.

That deal would have given him 52 percent of TNA. "he's now saying company is worth nothing,"

Parham said Corgan tried to buy TNA last month, then went litigation path when deal fell through.

Parham: Corgan did nothing to set up necessary financing for Sept. production.

Kaladin

TNA is trying to paint Billy Corgan as a opportunistic loan shark here. It's kind of hilarious. Anybody that loans someone money a third time with no payment on the first two loans is going to have a ridiculous agreement with the third loan.

And he was promised the company on failure to pay the third loan, which happened. I don't think anyone came up with the ability to repay him until after that.

Kaladin

cont. from previous page....

Parham called Corgan's loan a "heads I win, tails you lose" deal. He says Corgan has resisted efforts to repay his loan.

Corgan doesn't want to be refinanced and paid off, because he wants 92.5 pct in company, Parham said.

"Whatever risk," Corgan faced, "he's been incredibly well compensated," Parham said.

Parham said Corgan offered to buy company the day his loan agreement expired. That would have included paying off Aroluxe.

That deal would have given him 52 percent of TNA. "he's now saying company is worth nothing,"

Parham said Corgan tried to buy TNA last month, then went litigation path when deal fell through.

Parham: Corgan did nothing to set up necessary financing for Sept. production.

More from TNA's lawyers:

Parham vigorously denies financial details were hidden from Corgan.

Parham said Corgan is attempting to cause TNA to default on his own loan.

Parham said injunctive relief should be used sparingly. He says Corgan has not suffered irreparable harm.

Parham said Corgan wanted to get rid of all managers and appoont himself manager.

Parham says Dixies manager rights cant be transferred under the law.

Recall

So Dixie will keep TNA.

TNA will fold.

Dixie has an out and will blame Corgan.

Mecca have the enemy they seek.

Jeff Jarrett, Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter and Vince Russo continue their shitty ways until the end of time.

Kaladin

Are my updates of TNA in court welcome? I find this fascinating to follow and this twitter account is giving a good live rundown of what is happening. Better to have it all here than to have to go elsewhere, right?

Are my updates of TNA in court welcome? I find this fascinating to follow and this twitter account is giving a good live rundown of what is happening. Better to have it all here than to have to go elsewhere, right?

Totally welcome. It's the perfect level of absurdity for Pro-Wrestling fans. Plus we should all be counting our blessings that it's cat-fancier Billy Corgan trying to take over and not the Insane Clown Posse.

Top Bottom