• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

jmdajr

Cvt44kZUEAAuXcS.jpg

Pretty smart to keep their mouth shut to be honest. There is no win for them to say anything about Trump.

Kaladin

You guys joke, but I think TNA will be Corgan's by this time next week. Barring the legality of the whole thing, I think he has presented a more compelling case and TNA has proved time and time again in the past that they can't pay debts with the money they bring in.

You guys joke, but I think TNA will be Corgan's by this time next week. Barring the legality of the whole thing, I think he has presented a more compelling case and TNA has proved time and time again in the past that they can't pay debts with the money they bring in.
Dixie's parents will pay him back then it goes from there(nothing).

Then Russo buys the company.

somedevil

So what happens when he gets the company? Will it continue and will he partner up with the fightnetwork to keep the show alive?

Anth0ny

Was Spiderman vs Bonesaw a work? For all we know, it was portrayed as a shoot, but was actually a work. Y'know, to work the marks.

i have to imagine peter parker is aware that wrestling is a work

so they worked a work, but then it became a shoot when someone shoot uncle ben, but tobey and savage are all shooting anyways on set, so it's all shoot work

Campbell recalled sharing a trailer with late pro wrestling legend Randy “Macho Man” Savage — and his co-star’s tendency to have sex with his girlfriend in said trailer.

“Randy Savage had his girlfriend, and we were in the same trailer together,” Campbell recalled while talking with Yahoo! Movies. “And… yup! He had his girlfriend over! Yup!”

“Did they make you sit on the stoop?” Lawless asked her co-star.

“No, I didn’t have to,” Campbell continued. “It didn’t matter where I sat, ’cause — there was some girlfriending happening right next door. But it’s like a duplex with no insulation. So, yep — he had fun working on that movie!”

In response to Lawless’ suggestion that perhaps they were simply rehearsing in the trailer, Campbell feigned mock enlightenment. “Oh, you mean they were acting next door! Oh, jeez. Thank you for clarifying that. I thought there was pretty much just animalistic sex happening next door.”
oh_yeah_macho_man.gif

Jamie OD

I mean, Cody's doing pretty good on the independent scene but not that good.

It's probably the most manufactured story going on in the indy scene right now. I'll give him this though, the list he tweeted that started the whole thing was a stroke of genius. Built up hype and gave promoters a string of "dream" matches to set up guaranteeing a lot of bookings for him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hogan in the court room was a fucking pro. Hogan might have done the best promo work of his entire career during the Gawker hearing

Zach

Biggest-Geek-Ever, the deal is finalized with WrassleGAF. And the name on the contract does say "Zac". However, the contract reads "Zach".

MC Safety

Was Spiderman vs Bonesaw a work? For all we know, it was portrayed as a shoot, but was actually a work. Y'know, to work the marks.

Spider-Man v. Crusher Hogan was a competition in the tradition of carnival wrestling, where men in the audience were offered a prize if they could perform to certain standards in a match against the company strongman.

Spider-Man v. Bonesaw was meant to pay homage to that original fight as done by Misters Lee and Ditko. Therefore: real.

Menome

Friends...I find myself quite attracted to Dixie Carter.

Maybe it's because I know we'd be the ultimate heel authority couple in wrestling history. Between her "financing" and my cursed booking, we could legitimately destroy professional wrestling within twelve months.

Friends...I find myself quite attracted to Dixie Carter.

Maybe it's because I know we'd be the ultimate heel authority couple in wrestling history. Between her "financing" and my cursed booking, we could legitimately destroy professional wrestling within twelve months.
It's because she hired Sandow and gave him a singles title, isn't it?

Kaladin

A great rundown of today's events from The Law....

http://fightnetwork.com/law/oct-26-news-update-notes-from-billy-corgan-v-tna-hearing/

When Sims was presenting Corgan’s case, he stated that Corgan had saved the company on three occasions with infusions of cash and that Corgan and Dixie Carter (who was at the hearing) entered into a pledge agreement. Corgan’s side is arguing that TNA is “insolvent” and therefore, Corgan’s financing of the company should turn into equity in the company. Sims stated that TNA has 52% more liabilities today than they did on a June balance sheet and there have been five separate instances this year of frantic calls to raise capital. Corgan’s most recent loans were made in July and another in August and was seeking 22.5% of the company after the August loan.

Sims also brought up negotiations that occurred between TNA and the WWE and stated that the WWE made one offer and then lowered the offer, which also included non-compete clauses. Sims continually brought up dialogue and negotiations between the WWE and TNA, which was being disputed prior to today if they occurred as Corgan alleged he was never informed of those talks directly.

The breakdown of TNA’s ownerships today looks to be Dixie Carter with the majority control and 92.5% of the company, Aroluxe with 5% and Anthem with 2.5%.

When Parham was arguing TNA’s case, he stated that Corgan is not looking for buyout and wants his loan converted into 92.5% equity in the company and added that Corgan made an attempt to buy the company in September. Parham also denied any financial details being hidden from Corgan. Parham then went on to argue that the contract signed between Carter and Corgan is illegal under Tennessee law regardless of whether Corgan could prove TNA’s insolvency.

Parham also dismissed the tax lien that was issued on TNA as an “accounting mistake” and classified it as a non-issue.

On the Anthem Sports & Media Entertainment side, it was revealed that Anthem has company has put $1.8 million into TNA and are willing to pay off Corgan’s amount and then install Jason Brown of Aroluxe as the new C.E.O. of the company.

The hearing concluded with Chancellor Hobbs Lyle stating that a ruling would be made on Monday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cody revolutionized wrestling as much as NXT revolutionized wrestling and no one said anything then so it's like whatever. Why start getting petulant about that stuff now?

Top Bottom