• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

I'll tag all my posts for the first 7.5 days as Nosellvember or something if the OT is Nashvember

I say 7.5 because I will acknowledge Nashvember on the night of the 8th when he and Trump lose, and are known forever as losers

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wrong again, friend

tumblr_mmihkn3PkE1spiuxqo1_500.gif

yup. they look so different. I guess back to the Van Exel days
I'd like to see us get so close and lose every game this year. May as well dip in the pool one last time especially since we need to. I'm fine us trying to get it together the next two years because the Warriors despite last night is going to run the league for a while.

I'd like to see us get so close and lose every game this year. May as well dip in the pool one last time especially since we need to. I'm fine us trying to get it together the next two years because the Warriors despite last night is going to run the league for a while.
I agree on tanking but I don't see Luke doing that. Luke's no jobber

Adree

Remember Lucha Underground? whatever happened to that promotion?

they got a 40 week season that nobody gave a fuck about

KissVibes

Banned
After seeing that CZW gif, I now want Roman to crash a cruiserweight match after TJ Perkins says some lame shit about him being a whale or being a Major League Jerk (get it, like MLG but HE'S A JERK! VIDEO GAMEZ) to get ahead, and spearing two of them at once while they're doing some flippy moves.

Meltzer in the newest Observer is saying that Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo are WWE bound.

following in the recent tradition of everyone we praise internationally getting the phone call, both Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo have gotten offers to start in WWE in 2017 in the last week or two. Both told Stardom management about it this week. Shirai said she was going, and said that she was called by Shoichi Funaki. Hojo was contacted by Shinsuke Nakamura and Simon Inoki. Hojo at first didn’t make a final decision and there is some question if she can pass the physical because she’s had two major concussions in the last two years. In July, when WWE ran at Sumo Hall, Hojo was introduced to Nakamura through Simon Inoki, who knew her because they had worked together when Hojo did an IGF tour. Nakamura pushed to Hojo that she’d do great in WWE. Hojo most recently told the Stardom office that she’s interested in going to WWE. Stardom officials believe Shirai is gone for sure, but they are working to keep Hojo and Hojo then said she’s not sure what she’s going to do.

There is a belief that Hojo doesn’t want to go to WWE so much as prove she’s better than Shirai. Among the fans, Hojo has always been No. 2 to Shirai because Shirai is considered the better wrestler of the two, even their hardcore Stardom fans like Hojo more. It’s been pushed to Hojo that if she stays, she’ll be the No. 1 female wrestler in Japan, but if she goes to WWE, that will never happen, and that because Shirai is the “bigger star” and better looking in WWE’s eyes along with being a better wrestler, that she would never surpass her going there. A big part of this also is the marketing success of Asuka, as the prior mentality that American fans would never care for Japanese women workers (and for a long time the belief was the same regarding men, even after Great Muta became a big star in 1989, because nobody from Japan had become a top star in WWE) no matter how great they are in the ring has had to die when she got over. Plus there’s the reality of Asuka’s age (she just turned 35 and Vince has age-phobia on guys, so imagine the mentality on women and you can pretty much see it given Asuka is the oldest woman wrestler in the promotion) while Shirai is 26 and Hojo is 28. The one thing about them that people who see them against each other or with the other Japanese women don’t realize is they are really short, both about 5-foot-1.

Adree

Meltz shitting on Vince McMahon being agephobic after the stuff Meltzer has said about Bayley aging out of her role rapidly is some high comedy.

cordy

Banned
At one point they didn't have plans to bring Balor and Owens to the main roster so this will likely change with Nakamura as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At one point they didn't have plans to bring Balor and Owens to the main roster so this will likely change with Nakamura as well.
They never had "no plans" to bring Nakamura to the main roster (at least not in the way being suggested). He is making main roster money right now; whether they have immediate plans or not isn't the issue because they legitimately can't afford to keep him there forever.

Probably, but the fact that they don't plan to do it in the foreseeable future is just idiotic.

Meltz shitting on Vince McMahon being agephobic after the stuff Meltzer has said about Bayley aging out of her role rapidly is some high comedy.

What Meltzer said about Bayley has nothing to do with being agephobic. I think he estimated she'd age quicker than what you'd generally reason, but there's nothing flawed about the conclusion he came to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Probably, but the fact that they don't plan to do it in the foreseeable future is just idiotic.

What Meltzer said about Bayley has nothing to do with being agephobic. I think he estimated she'd age quicker than what you'd generally reason, but there's nothing flawed about the conclusion he came to.
It actually isn't. You have to space out big debuts and Samoa Joe is absolutely ready. Nakamura's problem is the sheer lack of talent to replace him.

Concerns about his age are overblown anyways. He works a style where people act like he's taking dangerous bumps all the time but in reality he's rarely had occasion to do much other than squash opponents.

It actually isn't. You have to space out big debuts and Samoa Joe is absolutely ready. Nakamura's problem is the sheer lack of talent to replace him.

Concerns about his age are overblown anyways. He works a style where people act like he's taking dangerous bumps all the time but in reality he's rarely had occasion to do much other than squash opponents.

Sure, but they should have a plan for a guy they are paying that much money. We know that they make debut plans for these guys well in advance (for example, it was generally known that Bayley was coming up after Summerslam for three or four months before it happened). If Joe is coming up after Toronto, then they should have Nakamura penned in for after Mania at this point at the latest. He's too valuable to just say "Well he'll just stay there until we absolutely need him and have no other options".

Adree

Sure, but they should have a plan for a guy they are paying that much money. We know that they make debut plans for these guys well in advance (for example, it was generally known that Bayley was coming up after Summerslam for three or four months before it happened). If Joe is coming up after Toronto, then they should have Nakamura penned in for after Mania at this point at the latest. He's too valuable to just say "Well he'll just stay there until we absolutely need him and have no other options".

Who will Nakamura drop the title to? Roode? And then who will Roode feud with that is at that level?

At least with Asuka they have Ember Moon lined up and are trying to do stuff with the aussies and Liv Morgan.

WWE needs Samoa Joe now....

I have so many ideas for it that would be epic as well.

1. Make AJ have a mystery opponent - everything thinks it's the chinless hack. Out comes Joe..... Crowd goes wild.

2. Surprise Rumble entrant/Winner

3. Someone lays out heyman backstage. Lesnar goes all hulk about it. Samoe Joe turns up and german suplexs him into oblivion

Have him enter a feud with Mark Henry and Big Show

Angry Grimace

I think the problem is legitimately that you need a marquee star to prop up NXT's touring apparatus and there isn't one beyond Nakamura.

They are rebuilding but it takes time to get people ready for that and nobody is ready. It's the same story in the women's division.

I'm guessing Nakamura is fine working a half time schedule with very little travel for main roster money.

I'm kind of hoping they have Joe show up on Smackdown and just fucking wreck whoever's holding the IC title and then have a good, long run with it. You want the title to mean something again, that's one way to do it.

KingBroly

Banned
WWE needs NXT to take a step back from third pillar to developmental already. It's just not sustainable as a third pillar when Raw/SD desperately need guys like Joe and Nakamura right now.

Top Bottom