• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

There's a lot of good talent in STARDOM, but they'd still be pretty badly fucked if Shirai & Hojo both up and left.

While I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to make a good living, it's getting pretty crazy to see how much talent WWE are stockpiling.

I honestly don't know why I even keep up with WWE anymore, it's just so fucking bad. Maybe I hold out some faint hope it will get better but it never does, maybe it's just habit. I draw the line at actually watching the weekly shows though, that's just masochistic.

Wish they'd come up North sometime :(

I don't know why I keep watching Raw, even with skipping shit I don't care about. It's at best background noise that still finds a way to irritate me.

Meltzer in the newest Observer is saying that Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo are WWE bound.

This doesn't surprise me at all, I've been expecting at the very least Io would be getting signed for a while now, Kairi also going would be a bit of a surprise though but things would get even more interesting for the future of NXT's women's division.

Do you debut them together? With Asuka or against Asuka? Or do you hold off on it until Asuka is no longer on the NXT roster? That is assuming she ever gets called up. At the very least there's a bit of history with Io and Asuka being in a stable together along with Io's sister years ago.

Miz's Title vs Ziggler's Career. Ziggler won.

Career vs Title matches are ridiculous for young people.

You know full well who'll win.

This doesn't surprise me at all, I've been expecting at the very least Io would be getting signed for a while now, Kairi also going would be a bit of a surprise though but things would get even more interesting for the future of NXT's women's division.

Do you debut them together? With Asuka or against Asuka? Or do you hold off on it until Asuka is no longer on the NXT roster? That is assuming she ever gets called up. At the very least there's a bit of history with Io and Asuka being in a stable together along with Io's sister years ago.

Women's division the premier division in the biggest wrestling company in the world confirmed.

Here's a weird thought....

What happens when WWE dips it's toes into the whole 'gender' thing...

04c6b234e06b29072329be5bc00a83d6.jpg

Women's division the premier division in the biggest wrestling company in the world confirmed.

Here's a weird thought....

What happens when WWE dips it's toes into the whole 'gender' thing...

I don't think they will if 'gender' thing is what I think it is.

But yeah, Asuka, Ember Moon, Nikki Cross and maybe Io Shirai AND Kairi Hojo? The potential there would be ridiculous and unprecedented in WWE's history when it comes to women. It could also pretty much be easy mode for Io and Kairi for the most part as it is for Asuka unless they're in the ring with others that can hang with them.

If one or both do sign when/how do they debut? Does Haitch go through with the idea of a women's tournament and debut them there? Like I already said Io and Asuka have history so there's something that could be played off there if they choose to but at the very least Io and Kairi wouldn't be booked like monsters as they've done with Asuka. Put them with her as obstecals to build up Ember Moon? Only for both to turn on Asuka, especially if she ever gets called up?

NXT so far hasn't done anything to build anyone up to face Asuka (or sell Asuka as a heel now), Ember Moon needs more exposure and people given more an actual idea what she's about but she has the same problem as Asuka in that there isn't anyone for her to really face outside of matches that you already know the outcome to. Then again it seems now Nikki Cross/Ember might be more likely in the near future depending on where Sanity goes but I got a feeling that could end up being Ember's first feud, I imagine they're going to do another Takeover with the Royal Rumble, right? I saw there's an NXT event scheduled but nothing official but it seems likely but again where does that leave Asuka after she kills Mickie next month? Another popular woman from the past? Do you unpack Sara del Rey from the trainer mothballs? There's a story that could be done there too.

Then there's the question of what happens to Stardom if they lose both? I'd hope that at the very least WWE would give Stardom a ton of exposure.

Yay sleep deprived rambling...

I hope it doesn't come across as sexist but I honestly never expected the Women's division to become as good as it has.

Judging from the attitude era to the whole 'diva' thing of pushing women to compete who frankly weren't ready just because they were pretty....

I can say again that I'm honestly glad to have been proved wrong. Charlotte is arguably the most solid competitor on the roster, man or woman. Her match at Mania '16 was match of the night in my opinion.

Menome

I hope it doesn't come across as sexist but I honestly never expected the Women's division to become as good as it has.

Judging from the attitude era to the whole 'diva' thing of pushing women to compete who frankly weren't ready just because they were pretty....

I can say again that I'm honestly glad to have been proved wrong. Charlotte is arguably the most solid competitor on the roster, man or woman. Her match at Mania '16 was match of the night in my opinion.

Charlotte has really improved since this time last year. More confidence both in and out of the ring, especially in delivering a promo without tripping up on audience interference. At first I thought she was the wrong choice to beat Nikki Bella, but now she's a great heel whether she has the belt or not.

I don't think it's sexist to have low expectations of the Women's Division, WWE gave us no reason to think otherwise. You're not disparaging women's wrestling, you're just criticising WWE's treatment of it, which is completely justified.

I don't think it's sexist to have low expectations of the Women's Division, WWE gave us no reason to think otherwise. You're not disparaging women's wrestling, you're just criticising WWE's treatment of it, which is completely justified.

Yeah that's good. Fingers crossed it continues to improve as it has.

Jamie OD

Meltzer in the newest Observer is saying that Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo are WWE bound.

I want to know if Asuka will still be in NXT when Io shows up. I heard they weren't on good terms when Io quit Triple Tails and that was one of her reasons for going solo (this was before her framed for drugs in Mexico incident). Then again Asuka had rocky relationships with most of the joshi scene and eventually patched things over to work with the majority of them so maybe they can get along under the WWE umbrella.

Jamie OD

Then there's the question of what happens to Stardom if they lose both? I'd hope that at the very least WWE would give Stardom a ton of exposure.

Yay sleep deprived rambling...

If Stardom loses both they are fucked, I mean F-U-C-K-E-D I cannot stress enough how big of a blow that will be for them. They still have Mayu Iwatani but I reckon she still needs a few more years of experience before she can become an ace figure. The company can still stick around as some sort of vanity project for the foreign girls but it will lose a lot of luster without those two. However if Stardom keeps Hojo they can recover from losing Shirai in the long term. In hindsight Hojo losing to Satomura was damaging to Hojo's credibility but if the opportunity of a rematch ever comes up again they would absolutely need to put Hojo over.

Guess your average fan doesn't want a talentless jobber involved in the World title picture -

Source: ShowBuzz Daily

Last night's live WWE SmackDown, featuring Dean Ambrose vs. WWE World Champion AJ Styles in the main event, drew 2.127 million viewers. This is down 11.6% from last week's show, which drew 2.405 million viewers.

It was the lowest audience for the show since it went live on Tuesdays on July 19th. The 2.127 million viewers is in line with what the show was doing in the weeks before it went live, however is lower than what the show was averaging taped on Thursday nights on the USA Network.

World Series effect?

This ICW Southampton card looks good, a lot of new faces for that promotion. Will go back to check it out when I sub up for Fear and Loathing.

Wolfgang VS Joe Hendry
Sha Samuels VS Drew Galloway
Kimber Lee VS Viper VS Pollyanna
Trent Seven VS DCT
Joe Coffey VS Josh Bodom
Chris Renfrew VS Clint Margera
Dan Maloney vs. Damian Dunne
Polo Promotions vs. Travis Banks & Chris Brookes
it's Nashvember. STICK TO THE RULES DAMNIT

but i'm for Botchcember

if you've got a gif of nash doing a flip, i'm all for it

Hasney

Stardom and TNA both deserve a tribute in the OT and nobody selfish enough to do a Nash OT would be trustworthy in the position
Nash would be the perfect person for that

dr-kevin-nash-o.gif

Paying a Nakamura million dollar a year to wrestler in front of 1000 people is dumb as fuck.

It's almost like he won't be doing that for his entire contract (although if they waited a year, you never know what a Raw crowd will be drawing...)

Paying a Nakamura million dollar a year to wrestler in front of 1000 people is dumb as fuck.

Also Hunter as hell. Until Vince changes his mind or retires(lol), nxt is a giant vanity project because they guys hunter wants and the guys Vince wants to push are going to be very different.

Took Vince until AJ carried Reigns to an great match to see anything in him.

Anth0ny

Paying Nakamura a million dollar a year to wrestle in front of 1000 people is dumb as fuck.

it's probably not in the top 50 on the "dumb as fuck decisions" list for wwe

vince doesn't want some chinese guy on the main roster. he can stay in developmental until he learns main event style, at which point he will join the ranks of other top nxt stars like neville and sami zayn on raw.

it's probably not in the top 50 on the "dumb as fuck decisions" list for wwe

vince doesn't want some chinese guy on the main roster. he can stay in developmental until he learns main event style, at which point he will join the ranks of other top nxt stars like neville and sami zayn on raw.

I bet this is so true.... They want people to wrestle the 'wwe' way....

Top Bottom