• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Hasney

it's probably not in the top 50 on the "dumb as fuck decisions" list for wwe

vince doesn't want some chinese guy on the main roster. he can stay in developmental until he learns main event style, at which point he will join the ranks of other top nxt stars like neville and sami zayn on raw.

And join them in trying to take down BRAUUUUUNNNN

vince doesn't want some chinese guy on the main roster. he can stay in developmental until he learns main event style, at which point he will join the ranks of other top nxt stars like neville and sami zayn on raw.
Chinese guy, it's like you know that he doesn't know the difference. He may actually be a big fan of his.

Mahonay

Banned
Also Hunter as hell. Until Vince changes his mind or retires(lol), nxt is a giant vanity project because they guys hunter wants and the guys Vince wants to push are going to be very different.

Took Vince until AJ carried Reigns to an great match to see anything in him.

Signs one of the most over, most charismatic, best workers on the face of the entire planet.

Only plan is to use him for your son-in-law's indie fed.

Ok Vince.

I imagine he'll eventually be convinced to bring Nak up, but they needed him called up like yesterday. This is why your ratings are sliding you senile old man.

Signs one of the most over, most charismatic, best workers on the face of the entire planet.

Only plan is to use him for your son-in-law's indie fed.

Ok Vince.

I imagine he'll eventually be convinced to bring Nak up, but they needed him called up like yesterday. This is what your ratings are sliding you senile old man.

C'mon, it's not the only reason. The first night with Nak or Joe will be a big bump and then it all goes down again.

Good thing year one is about to end

Also on the subject of wasted opportunities: Br*ck's deal is up before Mania 2018. Tick tock

Don't worry. They'll have signed another 4 year extension with Big Show and Kane

image.jpg

imBask

Banned
I love flips, but if the next thread isn't Nashvember i'll riot. Chairshots will fly left and right and I will shoot like i've never shot before

Anth0ny

their formula for bringing up popular nxt wrestlers:

1. debut them in front of a hot crowd. huge pop makes them seem like a star.

2. proceed to give them no story, assume everyone watching just followed them on nxt and no additional character development is necessary.

3. alternatively, give them a dumb as fuck story that won't get them over.

4. neville and sami zayn status on raw

Nashvember: lawndart.gif, fingerpoke.gif, giant_jacknife.gif, "let's talk about the great matches...all five of them", weird "at least he's not a mark for himself/Nash-senpai soooo smart" hero worship.

If we're gonna do theme months, at least do ones that won't run out of steam three days in.

WWE Survivor Series takes place at Toronto's Air Canada Centre on November 20th. Traditionally one of the biggest shows of the year, Survivor Series will be WWE's first inter-brand PPV since August's SummerSlam, but SmackDown may be heading towards it without one of their biggest stars.

The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer is reporting that Randy Orton will be taking some time off in November, including the PPV. Meltzer reports that Orton's wife is expected to give birth to a baby girl on Nov 22nd, and that The Viper has been granted the week off beforehand. He is not scheduled to return until Nov 29th's SmackDown Live.

This year's Survivor Series features three traditional Raw vs. SmackDown elimination matches. Not only will SmackDown be shorthanded on that front, but it looks like Orton's ongoing storyline with Bray Wyatt will also need to wait. As it stands, Orton will miss two full weeks of television.

In addition, the Los Angeles Times have reported that Orton is on the move after selling the St. Charles, MO home he built in 2013. The 2,600 square foot house went for $775,000, and it is believed that he'll be moving to a bigger home to accommodate the new addition to the family.

What? Culture club.

Mahonay

Banned
And we'll never see chairshots like that in WWE again

(yeah this one wasn't in WWE in the first place but still....)

Who remembers that incredible chairshot Lita gave to Spike Dudley?
Personally it's hard for me to stomach those hard chair shots to the head when I watch older stuff now as a full grown adult.

As a kid though I loved it.

Officially known as the HEEL Pokemon friends.
I imagine it has a lot of heat.
Also it has a signature move called "Darkest Lariat" which is just wonderful, this'll get kids into the wrasslin' again for sure!

Nashvember: lawndart.gif, fingerpoke.gif, giant_jacknife.gif, "let's talk about the great matches...all five of them", weird "at least he's not a mark for himself/Nash-senpai soooo smart" hero worship.

If we're gonna do theme months, at least do ones that won't run out of steam three days in.
That and didn't we do this one before anyway?

tbh I cringe whenever I see chairshots to the head now... it's just wrong man
Personally it's hard for me to stomach those hard chair shots to the head when I watch older stuff now as a full grown adult.

As a kid though I loved it.

Don't get me wrong, they are emotive. I even cringed when Tazz suplexed Bam Bam off the stage and into those chairs in the Crowd on that ECW PPV where they fell through the ring.

What I'm saying is right now they wind up to do a chairshot to the head and then for no reason pull back and go into the combo of gut to back to gut to back etc.....

It's bullshit

somedevil

WWE updated the subscriber count:

WWE averaged 1,458,000 paid subscribers for Q3. Down slightly from 1,517,000 in Q2, which included free WrestleMania campaign.

As for ratings:

Smackdown ratings are up due to brand split. Raw is down 14 percent which is greater than USA and 25 cable ratings decrease.

Anth0ny

According to Bryan Alvarez, Kevin Dunn hates Becky's accent and doesn't want to hear it anymore so she isn't going to get a lot of promo time in the future

Vince... I just don't think anyone likes accents. We needs to drive profits for our Smackdown Entertainment brand. The Becky Lynch brand isn't a vehicle in which to do that.

Hasney

#TeamImbask

Nashvember has been a tradition for the 4 years I've put my blood, sweat and tears in this place. May as well cancel your puny Americans thanksgiving or puy Survivor Series if it's not Nashvember.

According to Bryan Alvarez, Kevin Dunn hates Becky's accent and doesn't want to hear it anymore so she isn't going to get a lot of promo time in the future

Vince... I just don't think anyone likes accents. We needs to drive profits for our Smackdown Entertainment brand. The Becky Lynch brand isn't a vehicle in which to do that.
Cut the mic-time of one of the better talkers in the women's division. Buck-toothed motherfucker.

Does he just really hate Irish people? He fucking loathed Sheamus, hence why he and Bryan had the 18-second squash which both men hated and was behind his goofy look as King of the Ring.

Mahonay

Banned

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
giphy.gif

GOD DAMN IT

KEVIN DUNN IS HUMAN GARBAGE. He is legit one of the primary things holding back WWE, other than Vince. Fuck him forever.

jmdajr

It's not the most pleasant accent but who cares. She's more convincing than most at least.

Plus why is it ok for Sheamus? McGregor? etc. etc.

klonere

Banned

I've never felt so oppressed. Kevin Dunn must be a descendant of Cromwell.

Still it could be lolAlvarez scoops though.

Top Bottom