• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

klonere

Banned
Thatcher vs Gulak was amazing, best Thatch Man match in forever. I'm not the biggest fan of ol' Trashy Tim, but I think he does better outside of EVOLVE. Wasn't the guy to put at the forefront, imo.

Thatcher in WXW is meant to be good and Thatcher vs Roddy from some PWG show was excellent, seems like you are right about that. Moving onto 71 now. I really liked Gulak/Hero, Yehi/DUSTIN and Sabre/Williams. Great show all around if you ignore this Page push number 3 (or thereabouts?).

But gah dang do the shows still look super low rent and that crowd just didn't have a lick of energy for anything but the odd """zinger""" for people cutting promos. Same as it ever was for Evolve I guess.

MXsC1l1.gif

Kaladin

Friends, I am hype for the Skyrim remaster launching tonight. This looks better than most remasters I have seen as far as remasters go, plus.....mods on PS4!

Ready to jump back in.

Mahonay

Banned
Friends, I am hype for the Skyrim remaster launching tonight. This looks better than most remasters I have seen as far as remasters go, plus.....mods on PS4!

Ready to jump back in.
Really? The Skyrim Remaster footage I've seen really underwhelmed me.

klonere

Banned
Gabe pushing Thatcher harder every time fans go against him. Modern day John cena

It's weird because for all of Evolve's virtues of having the ranking system, emphasizing the value of wins and losses and highlighting the rise up the card of their performers, Thatcher with the belt has kinda forced Gabe to de-emphasize the belt itself. I don't feel like the race for the championship is the focal point right now. It feels more like Catch Point vs Galloway's Gang featuring Stokely Hathaway is what the main event scene is all about.

I dunno, I still think Thatcher is salvageable.

Kaladin

yet performs worse than fallout 4. and wont be getting all the mods.

From what I've seen it's not getting any existing mods, they have to be re-done for PS4 and approved for the platform, and people are already populating the mods for it.

What really sucks is you have to choose between using mods or getting trophies, so if you want trophies you have to wait on the mods.

jmdajr

Becky's accent is rough, but it adds to her charm, I think. And the crowd clearly doesn't care cause she's still over as hell.

If this is true, attitudes are like this are why this company is where it is. If the crowd loves Becky, what does it matter what you think of her accent? It's like these people can't put their own ego and taste aside to make money.

Like I said at least she seems real. Far more than any of the other Divas to be honest.

Kaladin

don't expect much from mods on ps4, you're just setting youself up for disappointment

I'm not right now.....but hopeful that by the time I get done with Trophies the mods will have shown up on there.

I'm not really getting this for mods though, the remaster looks amazing.

Menome

Nashvember: lawndart.gif, fingerpoke.gif, giant_jacknife.gif, "let's talk about the great matches...all five of them", weird "at least he's not a mark for himself/Nash-senpai soooo smart" hero worship.

If we're gonna do theme months, at least do ones that won't run out of steam three days in.

You forgot the .gif:

niEr37V.gif

DMczaf

Nashvember: lawndart.gif, fingerpoke.gif, giant_jacknife.gif, "let's talk about the great matches...all five of them", weird "at least he's not a mark for himself/Nash-senpai soooo smart" hero worship.

If we're gonna do theme months, at least do ones that won't run out of steam three days in.

Don't forget

Hair flip

Elbow

Knee

Sidewalk slam

Jack knife

Ethan Page vs Sami Callihan from 71 was actually really, really good - I'm not a huge fan of either guy, but thought it was the best match Page has had in EVOLVE to date and the best match Callihan has had in EVOLVE since Finlay.

But gah dang do the shows still look super low rent and that crowd just didn't have a lick of energy for anything but the odd """zinger""" for people cutting promos. Same as it ever was for Evolve I guess.

Yep, the venues and the crowd are the biggest turn-off when it comes to EVOLVE - they seem to favour smaller venues with premium-priced tickets, but perhaps it'd be better if they found some larger places to run and slashed the ticket prices. You compare it to PROGRESS and it just looks so rinky-dink, it never sounds like they have a packed house and everything's so low-lit that you can't tell either way.

Witcher 3.

Skyrim was better than Oblivion, which is probably the best thing I can say about it. Still no Morrowind, though - I've given up all faith that Bethesda will ever top it.

Hasney

Witcher 3.

Skyrim was better than Oblivion, which is probably the best thing I can say about it. Still no Morrowind, though - I've given up all faith that Bethesda will ever top it.

I pretty much have Witcher 3 and Skyrim in as equals. Witcher 3 is best to go do the quests and side stuff, Skyrim is just fun to fuck around in and not advance anything.

Menome

So what is a better RPG across the PS3 / 360 and PS4 / Xbox One generations?

Off the top of my head:

NWN2: Mask Of The Betrayer
Mass Effect
Dragon Age: Origins
Pillars Of Eternity
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Alpha Protocol
Age Of Decadence

And whilst they aren't my cup of tea; the entire series of The Witcher occurred over the past decade. Can probably come up with a bunch more once I get home from work and browse my collection.

Anth0ny

nashlaughing.gif never runs out of steam!

Question, is that how Owen was supposed to get down to the ring before the accident happened?

If I recall correctly, Sting coming down from the rafters was partly an inspiration for Owen's stunt. To the point where WWF hired one of the people that helped in WCW with Sting's stunts as their head stunt co-coordinator...

Except, supposedly, that person never ACTUALLY worked on stunts before. He was, like, the assistant to the branch manager of the head stunt person at WCW. But he got the job at WWF and was in charge of Owen's stunt.

and we all know how that worked out...

Lothar

Banned
So what is a better RPG across the PS3 / 360 and PS4 / Xbox One generations?

The only truly great one was Nier. And maybe South Park. Those are the only two I didn't get bored of.

Skyrim was just the same thing over and over with a horrible story.

Kaladin

Let's see :

Elder Scrolls > Fallout

I enjoyed the Mass Effect Trilogy but the games had some of the worst endings that pissed me off.

Skyrim improved on everything Oblivion did and is so much better.

Dragon Age was good but was nowhere near up to par with Baldur's Gate and that company's other great RPGs.

Raw64life

Fuck Kevin Dunn. Becky is great.

South Park is the best traditional RPG I played in a long time. I don't really consider games like Dark Souls or Mass Effect to be RPGs and I don't care about Elder Scrolls games.

Kaladin

I enjoyed the South Park RPG for how well it recreated the atmosphere of the show. I'm looking forward to the sequel and it's the only game I currently have pre-ordered for 2017.

Top Bottom