• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

So is Ms Jax going to interfere in the mild heat in a cell match? Time for a spot where they have her rip off the entire cell wall, yes the whole thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_ofrv16eX141qivspno2_400.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm almost caught up with NXTNA...and I gotta say, I like the current crop of people a lot. Especially the tag teams and women's division.

Kaladin

Friends, never ever tie your wallet to your keys. Think about it, how often do you misplace your keys? Do you really want to lose your driver's license, credit cards and anything else important too?

This shoot has been brought to you by someone with over a decade of experience running a service desk with a lost and found.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JJ is maybe a top six star by the end of WCW. He's vaguely reminiscent of 1999 HHH before the Foley matches in that while he works perfectly capable matches most of the time the crowd doesn't respect him as a top heel because he didn't earn it and yet not in that infuriating way that makes you truly hated. Too competent to be an incompetent heel, not ruthless enough to do anything on his own.

He's very entertaining in certain skits though.

Kaladin

JJ is maybe a top six star by the end of WCW. He's vaguely reminiscent of 1999 HHH before the Foley matches in that while he works perfectly capable matches most of the time the crowd doesn't respect him as a top heel because he didn't earn it and yet not in that infuriating way that makes you truly hated. Too competent to be an incompetent heel, not ruthless enough to do anything on his own.

He's very entertaining in certain skits though.

Forced or not, JJ eventually becomes god tier in TNA though.

He was the guy you wanted to see get beat whoever did it. I remember marking out over the Jay Lethal title match on Impact thinking Jarrett would finally get his.

Was at Scottish Wrestling Alliance's show tonight, main event was Cody Rhodes v Joe Coffey. Was probably a one-match card overall, but main event was worth it. Since SWA put on a much more kid friendly show, there were some more fun spots, such as Cody taking a wee kid's inflatable hammer to batter Joe. Also a good wee spot where Cody countered Joe's Iron Man mask with the Undashing facemask, popped for that.

Watching a kid friendly indie show was interesting (more used to ICW shows), was fun seeing them all rush to the guardrails for all the finishes from all other the place. Plus they fell for every near fall, which was amusing.

Was a decent enough night all things considered, they got good numbers, their Facebook claims 900, which would be really good. Didn't feel like that many to me when I was there.

Shite picture, but oh well.

Menome

Friends, never ever tie your wallet to your keys. Think about it, how often do you misplace your keys? Do you really want to lose your driver's license, credit cards and anything else important too?

This shoot has been brought to you by someone with over a decade of experience running a service desk with a lost and found.

Also: Don't put your debit/credit card or driver's license in those holsters in mobile-phone cases. Because if you lose your phone...

somedevil

This John Pollock and Damien Abraham review of CZW is quite a review.

John's descriptions of the most violent parts are something else.

Zach

Jesus, Stephanie McMahon looks like such a goof at No Way Out '01 (and pretty much all the time before No Way Out '01). What is wrong with you, Biggest-Geek-Ever?!

Actually, it's been a decent match, mostly because Trish has some talent and is trying hard. Unfortunately Stephanie has no talent, but at least she's trying hard, too.

My co worker was leaving and was like, btw I didn't watch raw or sd this week but I'm definitely watch hiac Sunday.

Wtf..... Which one of you is named Calvin?

Bayley said:
I miss everything. It's just bitter sweet. I'm really happy to be with WWE but it was a family back there. The family that I grew up with. It has a different feel to the crowd. We all grew together and we all built NXT together. It wasn't just the fans or it wasn't just the roster. It was all of us putting together, their giving their heart and soul when cheering and we were giving our heart and soul when we were performing in the ring. So this together made magic and it displayed on TV so that people at home could feel that. I just miss everything. NXT is so special.

Broken Bayley

I made a return to PCW tonight - I had fun but the whole setup is just bizarre at times.

Before the show it was announced Adam Rose wasn't there but they had a replacement

El Ligero beat Kenny Williams, good match as expected by Ligero (he does this roughly 12 times a day as pointed out later) and Williams was impressive

Team single destroyed 3 PCW academy guys, always fun to see some hosses kill small guys

2 academy guys had a match which tried to be technical and wasn't terrible but didn't feel natural

Ashton smith faced the Reaper who took his mask off to show he was Eddie Edwards (randomly and unannounced) Edwards won with the TNA title on the line

After the interval the UK hooligans came out for their advertised open challenge, nobody answered it so they had a match between themselves. The crowd were pissed here, when you announce an open challenge you expect someone interesting to show up. The match was fun but was just the two of them pissing around wasting time.

Bubblegum beat Chris Ridgeway in what was actually a decent match.

Next up was the tag title match, Two Mates pissing about (their actual tag name) were due to face Adam Rose and mystery partner. Out came Danny Hope and he did an Adam Rose entrance then chose someone to be his partner, it ended up being CJ banks. Most of the match revolved around someone in an inflatable T. rex costume in the crowd.

Then for the main event Iestyn Rees v Chris Masters in an I quit match, standard affair until masters got his hands taped together. Joanna Rose the PCW GM then got taped to a ring post and Rees threatened to hit her with a chair if Masters didn't quit. Masters took a load of chair shots and then quit before Rose was hit. At this point there were children almost in tears.

This is where it gets stupid - Rees leaves and within ten seconds Rose and Masters and are their feet joking with the crowd and announce it's time for the raffle. Yep they sold a savage beat down by having the raffle main event.

They then announce that the show is over and Masters and Rees will be at ringside for photos.

Just plain illogical stuff!

Recall

Hell in a Cell

3 "deadly" matches this sunday will most likely be totally forgotten about in record time.

19 years ago the first took place now we've had so many no one can list them all.

MC Safety

Hell in a Cell

3 "deadly" matches this sunday will most likely be totally forgotten about in record time.

19 years ago the first took place now we've had so many no one can list them all.

They used to reserve steel cage matches to settle tremendous feuds: Bruno v. Larry, Backlund v. Snuka, Undertaker v. Mankind, etc. Now hell in a cell is a gimmick used to generate interest in feuds that aren't all that interesting to begin with.

Putting Sasha and Charlotte in a cage doesn't make the match better or pique my interest any more than Sasha and Charlotte outside of a cage.

I don't even know what the other two cell matches are. I expect they're not set amid raging feuds, either.

Oersted

As noted, the James Ellsworth shirt is currently in the top five best-selling shirts on WWEShop.com. The large sized t-shirt is currently sold out. The other sizes, however, are still on sale.

"No, it makes my career so much harder, because no matter how hard I work I'm always going to have people take away everything I do because of John.

"Sometimes we do those things and we try to be as PG as possible, but sometimes a little bit of our real personality comes out.

"Everyone got to see that for a quick second. But to be honest I found it hilarious."

Jesus, Stephanie McMahon looks like such a goof at No Way Out '01 (and pretty much all the time before No Way Out '01). What is wrong with you, Biggest-Geek-Ever?!

Actually, it's been a decent match, mostly because Trish has some talent and is trying hard. Unfortunately Stephanie has no talent, but at least she's trying hard, too.
So basically, I was right....brother.

Also, you probably put notworksafe in a coma with that post.

Fenix did an interview with Mas Lucha

He didn't noshow Triplemania. AAA never sent him plane tickets or returned his calls, despite advertising him for the show the whole time. Since then they've done everything in their power to get him blackballed in Mexico from trying to use the commission to telling promotions not to book him.

Also said he loves LU, it's his favorite promotion to work in, but if AAA demands he has to come back to them in order to keep working there, he'd rather stay away and independent.

Top Bottom