• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Fox318

tumblr_inline_oei4qnCIgN1s4kk59_500.png

I don't even know what this means.
tumblr_noz76gBmpo1qgtn0oo2_r1_250.gif

Friends, I'm not sure where to start when it comes to indie wrestling and I'm looking for some opinions. I'm looking at Progress as the front runner because research shows they focus on long term storylines and that's my shit. Then there's PWG & Evolve but I don't really like the lighthearted comedy of PWG.

Well in that case Luke wins out.

PROGRESS probably has the best combination of storytelling, in ring product, and production value of any indie wrestling company right now. And they upload their shows promptly, which makes it much easier to watch. Plus, the sinking pound makes the conversion from dollar to pounds even better for Americans!

PWG is fine if you love the super-indie match-ups, but their DVD schedule makes it very hard to care about as you watch the matches.

I enjoy Evolve because their shows are short, fast moving, and usually good to great. However, the production is below PROGRESS's, and you have at the top A champion who gets some go-away heat.

AAW has some of PWG's super-indie feel, but they use talent local to the Midwest more than PWG uses southern Californian wrestlers. It's production is a little better than Evolve's, but I find their shows a little harder to get through than Evolve's.

You could also check out wXw out of Germany; they have a free weekly YouTube show, and their matches are usually pretty good. Plus, they have famed Internet wrestling enthusiast Alan4L on English commentary, and he's pretty good at it.

I'm choosing to take a positive stance on Emmalina, it's not like she was going anywhere fast even with her dope as fuck heel theme.

Of course I know the end result here will be a net negative but welcome to monday night Raw.

jmdajr

this needs to stop!

This needs to stop!

Holy shit TNA taping spoilers

Eddie Edwards is World Champ, beating the man who beat him for a lower card title not that long ago and doing precisely jackshit in between that time????? hahahaHAHAHAHh

This needs to stop!

Kaladin

Am I wrong in saying the most entertaining thing on Raw last night was Kutcher and Masterson's interaction with Jericho?

Jericho steals the show every week.

Drink it in, man.

Kaladin

It's the exact same track as last year.

Good stuff.

That's my biggest problem with these games, they re-use shit from previous years. I get it, it's out of necessity because everything in a game this huge can't be changed, but it's telling when you have commentary or animations or something like this that goes years without an update.

MC Safety

That's my biggest problem with these games, they re-use shit from previous years. I get it, it's out of necessity because everything in a game this huge can't be changed, but it's telling when you have commentary or animations or something like this that goes years without an update.

2K and Yuke's has less than one calendar year to produce a new iteration of your wrestling game.

Game development is an endless series of compromises.

Things are going to be reused for multiple games.

Kaladin

Am I wrong in saying the most entertaining thing on Raw last night was Kutcher and Masterson's interaction with Jericho?

Jericho steals the show every week.

Drink it in, man.

Repeating for truth and prosperity (
it got lost at the bottom of the last page
).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
These games aren't even vaguely huge.

Top Bottom