• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Barrage

The last Hell In A Cell stip to make perfect sense in regards to it being a blowoff feud, heighten the stakes, etc., was HHH/Taker at WM in 2012.

The last time before that was HHH/Batista at Vengeance in 2005.

Notice neither of those happened at a Hell In A Cell PPV.

(Note: Lesnar/Taker and Roman/Bray both were an improvement from the absolutely nonsensical HIACs in 2009-2011.
I don't think Cena has ever been in a Hell In A Cell match that was even remotely appropriate.)

Dixie held a meeting before the tapings. Highlights:
Company's waiting for money they're owed so payments are late
WWE wanted to buy and she could've let that happen, but didn't, and still owns the tape library
Dixie still majority owner but there's been in-fighting and a power struggle
BFG was always happening but they scrambled to make it

As always, don't believe Dixie's Lies. Locker room is still worried. Tapings go through Saturday, and when that's done, that's their TV done for the year. No house shows, no PPV, nothing. Nobody on the roster knows what's next.

So I was on the network last night hunting for some classic matches. I searched Shawn Michaels and an endlessly horizontal lineup of Raw finishes and whatever the fuck spawned and I had no chance of finding anything old and or classic. Bummer. I wish they would improve this. But of course there are classic collections of McMahon and HHH.

They need to add more classics. There are like, 9 or something. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

But I did watch that hilarious Foley/Vader Halloween Texas death match where Vader rolls into his grave and comes out bleeding from the head after an obvious blade job.

Fox318

Dixie held a meeting before the tapings. Highlights:
Company's waiting for money they're owed so payments are late
WWE wanted to buy and she could've let that happen, but didn't, and still owns the tape library
Dixie still majority owner but there's been in-fighting and a power struggle
BFG was always happening but they scrambled to make it

As always, don't believe Dixie's Lies. Locker room is still worried. Tapings go through Saturday, and when that's done, that's their TV done for the year. No house shows, no PPV, nothing. Nobody on the roster knows what's next.

I don't get why they don't do house show.

The Hardys are a draw on the indies and I'm sure they could draw at a place like the ECW arena or even in Europe.

How the fuck does Dixie not realise that her name is fucking toxic? The sooner she and her cronies like Jon Gaburick are out of the door, the better.

You can't rebuild on-top of shitty, rotten old foundations.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you guys saying there's multiple hell in a cell matches?

I have an easy solution. Put all of the cells on top of each other. Perhaps... some sort of triple cage..

The Hardys are a draw on the indies and I'm sure they could draw at a place like the ECW arena or even in Europe.

They can barely afford to do tapings, that's why they do them all in a week or two and pack 100 matches or so into it all each time.

They confessed they had to struggle to do their 2nd (and final) PPV of the year

Nobody's buying their merch

Adding house shows would just be another loss and I'd be surprised if they could even barely afford to do that

Are you guys saying there's multiple hell in a cell matches?

I have an easy solution. Put all of the cells on top of each other. Perhaps... some sort of triple cage..

Pretty sure I saw something like this in CZW...

There were like three rings filled with thumb tacks and covered with "cages" (fences maybe?) and the wrestlers had to fall from the ceiling to enter the match or some shit.

KingBroly

Banned

They can't afford it.

Honestly, I don't see how a women's hell in the cell match would work in regards to major spots people expect. You can't do something off the top of the cage. You probably can't do blood. You need chairs, at least. Maybe bust open the side of the cage? Maybe a ladder as well.

Zach

So I was on the network last night hunting for some classic matches. I searched Shawn Michaels and an endlessly horizontal lineup of Raw finishes and whatever the fuck spawned and I had no chance of finding anything old and or classic. Bummer. I wish they would improve this. But of course there are classic collections of McMahon and HHH.

They need to add more classics. There are like, 9 or something. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

But I did watch that hilarious Foley/Vader Halloween Texas death match where Vader rolls into his grave and comes out bleeding from the head after an obvious blade job.

Here ya go: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ssential_shawn_michaels_match_collection_the/

Fox318

They can't afford it.

Honestly, I don't see how a women's hell in the cell match would work in regards to major spots people expect. You can't do something off the top of the cage. You probably can't do blood. You need chairs, at least. Maybe bust open the side of the cage? Maybe a ladder as well.

They can barely afford to do tapings, that's why they do them all in a week or two and pack 100 matches or so into it all each time.

They confessed they had to struggle to do their 2nd (and final) PPV of the year

Nobody's buying their merch

Adding house shows would just be another loss and I'd be surprised if they could even barely afford to do that

Its just crazy to me because right now Dixie has no way of making any money and they are about to void the India TV deal.

You're telling me they can't go to a high school gym and try drawing at least 1 show?

Hell maybe they can do a sale online with a random pack of shirts.

You are a god. Or at least the person who assembled that is a god and you are surely a prophet. Thanks!

I've been getting such a kick out of watching late 80's/early 90's stuff in general. Not because I grew up watching it and feel nostalgia, but because it's just so much more rough around the edges.

I explained it to my wife as the difference between watching Minor Threat play a club in DC in the 80's vs. watching like a Katy Perry show nowadays or something.

Zach

You are a god. Or at least the person who assembled that is a god and you are surely a prophet. Thanks!

You're welcome. I've learned to google "reddit [whatever wrestling thing I'm looking for]" and you'll usually strike gold. Those super nerds put in the work!

Except for that time I was trying to find confirmation that I wasn't crazy about WCW adding hilarious B-movie sound effects to matches... I swear it happened!

Except for that time I was trying to find confirmation that I wasn't crazy about WCW adding hilarious B-movie sound effects to matches... I swear it happened!
lol

Honestly, could be a money idea. Imagine if WWF played the Wilhelm scream when Foley was tossed off the cell.

gun_haver

Hell in a Cell: Roman v Rusev (whatever, roman's gonna win)
Hell In a Cell: Sasha v Charlotte (this i wanna see)
Not Hell in a Cell cos you can't do three but prob no DQ: Owens v Seth (i guess that's fine)

The only thing that can fully make this worth while according to current booking is Jeri-KO beating New Day for the titles.

jmdajr

Hell in a Cell: Roman v Rusev (whatever, roman's gonna win)
Hell In a Cell: Sasha v Charlotte (this i wanna see)
Not Hell in a Cell cos you can't do three but prob no DQ: Owens v Seth (i guess that's fine)

The only thing that can fully make this worth while according to current booking is Jeri-KO beating New Day for the titles.

Someone could literally die!

For real.

Its just crazy to me because right now Dixie has no way of making any money and they are about to void the India TV deal.

You're telling me they can't go to a high school gym and try drawing at least 1 show?

Hell maybe they can do a sale online with a random pack of shirts.

One show isn't reversing the level of debt, 100 shows would add to the pile of losses

They have no way of making a profit, you're right. That's why they're still going to sell. They can't delay it forever, and if they try they'll go bankrupt and go under, and Vince will pick it up for half-pennies.

ed: Rowan apparently had rotator cuff surgery. Out the rest of the year

Zach

lol

Honestly, could be a money idea. Imagine if WWF played the Wilhelm scream when Foley was tossed off the cell.

Holy mother of Russo, am I actually hearing added sound effects to Sting's bat shots on this episode of Nitro?!

What?!

Whaaat?!

Dude, Biggest-Geek-Ever, help me out where RBH failed:

RBH, someone, check this out and tell me if I've lost my mind: Nitro 246 (June 5, 2000). ~49:00.

They did it for a few Nitro main events with punches and slams, too, I SWEAR TO GOD.

Adree

I wouldn't want to see John Pollock's social media feed after he claimed Mother Theresa was the best woman ever on Review a Raw.

Dude, Biggest-Geek-Ever, help me out where RBH failed:

They did it for a few Nitro main events with punches and slams, too, I SWEAR TO GOD.
Ok, so I'm watching the Nitro........

What the FUCK is that noise?! At first I thought it was Sting stomping on the ramp, but it happens while he's in the ring, too. Ahhhh god, I am laughing so hard at this.

So damn weird. And the only reference to it that comes from a google search is a gamefaqs thread.

And I watched through the segment and here comes Tank Abbott...

mc1z6se6mukg.gif

jmdajr

Casual WWE watcher at work.

"With two PPVs a month, why even watch Monday and Tuesdays?"

I kind have those feels. Watch the PPVs and Smacktalk, and you're good.

Monday’s WWE Raw television show averaged 2.8 million viewers, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. Viewership was up from the 2.478 million average from last week.

The first hour of Raw averaged 2.887 million viewers. Hour two drew 2.870 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 2.644 million viewers.

Good sign for the women that the third hour seemed to hold up better than usual.

gun_haver

Someone could literally die!

For real.

....That's what makes it good.

No but seriously yeah take every precaution, don't let Sasha fall on her neck fucking hell etc, but I want to see an all out war between Sasha and Charlotte at Hell in The Fucking Cell.

Top Bottom