• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Mahonay

Banned
I think they're going to take it more seriously this time. It looks like a tag team CWC this year.
NXT, unlike the main roster shows, tends to be pretty good at following up on things that were successful for them in the past. This will definitely be highly CWC influenced.

Mahonay

Banned
Aren't they worried about Sasha getting injured? Didn't she just come off an inj-- ahh forget it
20865%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20dolph_ziggler%20gif%20headbutt%20wrestlemania%20wwe.gif

Watch the full extent of the HIAC be Sasha slamming Charlotte's head against the cell a few times and that's it.

On the Smackdown side, I hope this helps leads to Becky vs Nikki (or anyone, providing she hopefully has the belt come then) for a tables, ladders or chairs match come TLC. That could be fun. Especially with Nikki trying to get her vs Carmella to be no DQ and Bryan encouraging it. Kayfabe sure but it might be an idea being genuinely tossed out.

Fox318

The MMA gimmick would only work if the person is really stiff, refuses to make it a spot fest wrestling match, and openly doesn't appear to give a shit of the fans like the match or not.

Why is it that the match with the biggest cage to keep people in always has the most interference?
Irony!

I mean, shit most Raw feuds have one party involved with some form of interfering happening at least once. Lana to the Rusev-Reigns, Jericho to Owens-Rollins, Dana to most Charlotte matches and even Xavier did it during New Day-Gallows and Anderson.

All matches gotta be in the cell.

ReiGun

I swear if the Revival loose to some slapped together tag team in this classic I will flip.
Of the slapped together teams, I can see Roode and Dillenger or Ibushi and Itami taking it. If not, it's either gonna be The Revival or DIY.

Also fully expect The Revival to make it to the finals and have to put their title on the line.

I'd rather never see a HIAC again since they don't even fulfill the original intention. A brutal final match in a heated rivalry, instead of a normal match with a cage.
Exactly, John Cena and Randy Orton for the No. 1 contendership had no business being in HIAC

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vince isn't going to let them main event.

I think the positives outweigh the negatives by a lot. The problem is that people don't want to see Charlotte vs. Sasha in that match vs. Sasha vs. Bayley.

I think it will happen. It's just not not happening now, or with these wrestlers.

gun_haver

Hey I dunno - I think Sasha v Charlotte totally warrants a Hell In The Cell. I'm with yous that HIAC should be a culmination to a long standing feud which leads to a brutal match where nobody else interferes and certain boundaries are crossed.

Sasha and Charlotte have been feuding since Wrestlemania. While Sasha's character work has been lacking, Charlotte's hasn't. She fucking hates her and I could totally buy she would sign up to a match like that.

But here's what you do.

Sasha is having a championship match next week against some female conternder - let's make it Bayley. Charlotte and Dana come out and start beating the shit out of Sasha, both cheating Bayley out of a a match and building sympathy for later, and building the feud. Charlotte's music plays and she begins to walk off.

Sasha gets up. She says she didn't come to Raw just to get the women's championship. She came here to be the boss and she thinks that she hasn't shown us, shown Charlotte, quite what she means by that just yet. That's why at HIAC, charlotte, I challenge you to a HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in the CELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL match for the WWE women's champiionship. Charlotte is so livid she agrees.

Come on. It ain't hard, from where we stand now.

And yes, they should bleed in this match. This should not be pretty. Charlotte has shown herself to be a monster in the ring, Sasha has shown herself willing to take risk to have great matches. They should beat the fucking shit out of each other on a level we have never seen before with women and permanently eclipse this Trish/Lita horseshit they are peddling as the background to the first year when women's wrestling was legitimate in the WWE. And that's not even getting into Smackdown.

Zach

Former WrassleGAF patriarch and now dead user NeoGAF Vince McMahon released his highly anticipated album Welcome Home today. Check it out at coldnecklace.bandcamp.com now!

Nekofrog

Banned
Go home show tonight before I get to see Alexa Bliss live. I told my wife that Alexa is the only woman in the world id leave her for. She said "same". :/

Top Bottom