• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/6030/76/original/640.jpg[/ig]

Dwayne makes more filming a single episode of Ballers than 95% of the WWE roster makes a year.[/QUOTE]
I don't get what point you're trying to make here comparing the salary of an actor to a wrestler.

WWE has given themselves Barry Horowitz's gimmick.

C1fsZkB.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't get what point you're trying to make here comparing the salary of an actor to a wrestler.

Wrestlers are actors. They are on a nationally broadcast TV show, one that gets more viewers than most other shows, mind you. And they make less in a year than most TV actors do in a month, even if you disregard these top people.

And that's without realising they have to pay for their own travel to the shooting site and house shows, pay for their own expenses, their own hotel room and the fact they never get vacations.

I don't think it's really that unfair a comparison.

Pikma

Banned
Wrestlers are actors. They are on a nationally broadcast TV show, one that gets more viewers than most other shows, mind you. And they make less in a year than most TV actors do in a month, even if you disregard these top people.

And that's without realising they have to pay for their own travel to the shooting site and house shows, pay for their own expenses, their own hotel room and the fact they never get vacations.

I don't think it's really that unfair a comparison.
Are actors from an HBO tv show the same as wrestlers from WWE to you? What the fuck?

Aiii

So not worth it
Are actors from an HBO tv show the same as wrestlers from WWE to you? What the fuck?

Not sure it needed a wtf as if I'm proposing something super outlandish.

I certainly don't rank WWE wrestlers under the actors on NCIS, or the CW shows, no.

Not sure it needed a wtf as if I'm proposing something super outlandish.

I certainly don't rank WWE wrestlers under the actors on NCIS, or the CW shows, no.
At some point you're overrating WWE in 2016

This is a vast overrating not even Shane could ever agree with

Ambrose's oodles of noodles offense has understandably earned him detractors but I think he's been having a good promo run since the draft started, he's a face that just says and does what he wants to which is refreshing after years of cookie cutter main event faces.

Of course all commentary do is peddle the LUNATIC MAGGLE angle which doesn't really add up to his current character anyway.

Also that video package on Ziggles was the best, A plus quality.

Aiii

So not worth it
At some point you're overrating WWE in 2016

This is a vast overrating not even Shane could ever agree with

Even if that were so, most WWE talent gets maybe 100~150k a year, where even someone on a CW show gets somewhere around 40k per episode.

WWE gets 160 million a year from their TV deal alone, and that's discounting additional income from advertising, merchandising sales and selling tickets. Their talent, especially the ones in the upper midcard, are way underpaid, once again pointing out that aside from catering and make-up, they have to pay everything out-of-pocket themselves.

klonere

Banned
Mutoh looking like a golf Dad.

Ct_xVK4UMAASa71.jpg:small

Oh and this is happening, ECW 2000 star KID KASH is now a shooter at the venerable age of 47

Ct9X_qnWIAAYbI4.jpg

Their talent, especially the ones in the upper midcard, are way underpaid, once again pointing out that aside from catering and make-up, they have to pay everything out-of-pocket themselves.
I decided to truncate the post down to the least surprising part

This is why the Dwayne news isn't surprising. HBO has always and will always treat its actors better than wrestling treats its performers. And yes, no matter how long or far they try to distance themselves from the word, WWE will always be wrestling. And I'm glad Dwayne was able to escape. And I'm really glad Batista was able to escape.

ReiGun

All the rumors about Dolph's contact have to be a work too throw people off him winning Sunday.

Cause if he loses...Bruh. What a note to go out on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I might have missed a week or two but does it seem like every AJ/Cena or AJ/Cena/Ambrose or AJ/Ambrose or whatever promo involve ending with making Dean look strong?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also, brother these two VPs are the biggest geeks I've ever seen. I mean
tumblr_n07iwyh7Zk1qc8jh0o2_250.gif

I know we had high expectations but come on. not a big surprise that someone with the name 'kaine' failed to be entertaining on a tuesday night.

klonere

Banned
i wanna see Roman (in Dean's place) make those segments half as compelling as they are right now

Smug smirk man cannot into long promos

tumblr_n07iwyh7Zk1qc8jh0o2_250.gif

I know we had high expectations but come on. not a big surprise that someone with the name 'kaine' failed to be entertaining on a tuesday night.
I completely forgot who Clinton's running mate even was until about 2 days ago.

Alucard

Banned

You're moving up the card, Data. Way to grab the brass ring.

Zach

By the time Austin returns in late 2000, his folksy charm is completely gone. He just seems miserable. Sad!

I think Kid Kash has been doing shoot fights since he left the WWE.

The only one he's credited with officially is one where he lost by getting 3 points taken away, which makes him one of the most cheating individuals in a single fight officially (it's near impossible to get that many points deducted unless you're basically breaking the rules by doing something immediately after a ref tells you to knock said something off). So either he's done the rest (i.e. the wins) in basement/underground promotions with literally no credibility or rules, or the carny spirit lives cross-promotions

Top Bottom