• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Mizerman

I'd be hard-pressed to think of a name I'd want to leave out and replace someone with. It's hard to improve on perfection. Can those 10 guys be a faction and have a rotating crew of managers between Xavier Woods, The Miz and Chris Jericho?

And can they all put over Roman Reigns and make him look strong?

They will damn well try.

I'm so disappointed in what Gringo Underground has become.

'Should we bring in more luchadores for our luchadore promotion to showcase their skill to people who haven't seen it before? To give light to people like Drago or Aerostar to a new audience since they were underappreciated in Mexico?'
'We could... But it's cheaper to bring in Sami Callihan instead!'

Heh. I chuckled at "Gringo Underground."

tm24

I'm so disappointed in what Gringo Underground has become.

'Should we bring in more luchadores for our luchadore promotion to showcase their skill to people who haven't seen it before? To give light to people like Drago or Aerostar to a new audience since they were underappreciated in Mexico?'
'We could... But it's cheaper to bring in Sami Callihan instead!'

Hell, i mean its probably AAA who is stopping luchadors from working there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I've been waiting for LU to come to some sort of streaming service all this time, but am I correct in my assumption that something happened near the end of season 2 to drive people away from the product? No one talks about it at all anymore and its ratings are plummeting.

miserable

illnaj31.png

Jamie OD

LU still seems to be a generally good product looking at the reactions to the latest episode, the novelty wore off hard though.

The stories have run out of steam. Also a lot of the guys I like on the show aren't being featured enough so that's another reason why I'm losing interest. I mean one of the best performances in Season 2 was Night Claw and it turns out he is a one time only appearance. Would have loved to see more of him. In totally unrelated matters what's Flamita up to now?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So anyone else hope AJ retains Sunday night?

I want to him to be champ until the Rumble, as a nice bookend.

Cena is going away for the holidays and I doubt they'll put it on him just to make him drop it at SS, and they already had a lot of fun with Ambrose, so...

Recall

1.Okada vs Tanahashi
2. Omega vs Natio
3.Go Shiozaki & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Yuji Hino & Daisuke look this match up it hype as shit
4 Okada vs Ishii
5. OMEGA VS ELGIN LADDER match
6. yamato vs shingo Dragon gate.

Any dates or show names? Ya, know to make the Internet searching that bit easier.

Thanks

Jamie OD

So I've been waiting for LU to come to some sort of streaming service all this time, but am I correct in my assumption that something happened near the end of season 2 to drive people away from the product? No one talks about it at all anymore and its ratings are plummeting.

Not Season 2 but there is a massive spoiler in Season 3 that soured a lot of fans when it appeared online. Also a couple other big spoilers came out that had us scratching our heads. And as Data mentioned above the new signings coming in being somewhat established US names rather than undiscovered talented luchadors strips away the whole Lucha Libre aesthetic.

Then there was the CWC that absolutely blew it out of the water when they were both on. Kind of hard to go back after that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not Season 2 but there is a massive spoiler in Season 3 that soured a lot of fans when it appeared online. Also a couple other big spoilers came out that had us scratching our heads. And as Data mentioned above the new signings coming in being somewhat established US names rather than undiscovered talented luchadors strips away the whole Lucha Libre aesthetic.

Then there was the CWC that absolutely blew it out of the water when they were both on. Kind of hard to go back after that.

Thanks.

I still hope against hope that they get a streaming deal. Or at least DVD release... Really anything that's more reasonable then buying them all on itunes, which is a service I despise.

Adree

Also didn't help that this is a 40 episode season.

Pikma

Banned
I've never watched that much of Lucha Underground, mainly because when I finally decided to give it a real chance I was already living in Spain and it's simply impossible to watch it legally over there, you don't even have access to the matches uploaded on youtube.

So maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance BUT I can definitey say I didn't enjoy what I watched, in ring action is really good of course but all that dumb Telenovela drama surrounding it is so garbage that it gets to the point where it gets distracting and affects your overall enjoyment of the product.

That's me tho, I know some people have shit tastes so they may like garbage like that

Menome

Menome's Spooooooky Curse-List For NO MERCY

AJ Styles vs John Cena vs Dean Ambrose
The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler
Double-Wide Baby! vs The Urban Usos
Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss
Jack Swagger vs Baron Corbin
Mella vs Bella

Anything I've missed?

Pikma

Banned
Menome's Spooooooky Curse-List For NO MERCY

AJ Styles vs John Cena vs Dean Ambrose
The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler
Double-Wide Baby! vs The Urban Usos
Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss
Jack Swagger vs Baron Corbin
Mella vs Bella

Anything I've missed?
Fuck that I want heel usos to keep chasing, none of that defending shit, please.

Recall

Goldberg vs Brock
Goldberg vs Reigns
Goldberg vs Samoa Joe

That's all I can think off though I'm sure Jericho wants his falls back, one day I'm sure.

Menome

Anyone watch the WCPW show? I hear the stream was shit, everyone phoned it in, and they spent an insane amount on flights.

I gave up on WCPW once their shows became pay-to-view. Just don't have the money right now to keep up to date with a tenner a show.

Recall

Ishii vs Okada (G1 Climax 2016, Day 13)

I watched it.

It was fucking incredible. INCREDIBLE.

I'm sat here yelling at my iPad for Ishii to reverse the tombstone, yelling at the top of my lungs for him to reverse it. And he did and fucking killed Okada.

Lyger applauding the match afterwards from commentary was fantastic too.

Cocky Champion vs Gutsy Underdog. It was incredible! I'm really going to have to get NJPW World set up as matches like this are just pure magic and totally thrilling.

klonere

Banned
Some dodgy shit going down.

I don't understand where they're getting the money from to book all this talent.

WhatCulture makes a lotta Youtube money so I assume that's where the cash is coming from

I watched it.

I'm sat here yelling at my iPad for Ishii to reverse the tombstone, yelling at the top of my lungs for him to reverse it. And he did and fucking killed Okada.

Cocky Champion vs Gutsy Underdog. It was incredible! I'm really going to have to get NJPW World set up as matches like this are just pure magic and totally thrilling.

Yaaasss I watched it live and was an unbelievable, blow away affair. Ishii might be the best dude at fighting from underneath and controlling in the same match. What a wrestler.

I watched it.

That was a fucking great match, I was really into it. Loved Okada trying to take to take those stiff chops to the chest and just fucking bottling it.

The stories have run out of steam. Also a lot of the guys I like on the show aren't being featured enough so that's another reason why I'm losing interest. I mean one of the best performances in Season 2 was Night Claw and it turns out he is a one time only appearance. Would have loved to see more of him. In totally unrelated matters what's Flamita up to now?

Dang, I don't even remember anyone named Night Claw from S2.

There is only one choice for Rookie of the Year.

fisher.gif

Yep, there's some very impressive rookies elsewhere, but none on Riddle's level - I think what sold me on him was seeing him in some of the small no-name indies. He seems to be able to work any sort of crowd and can get a good match out of any sort of opponent, which is pretty remarkable given how long he's been doing this.

I still don't like the way EVOLVE presents him or Catchpoint in general, they always come across as heels to me, but then the crowd's always behind them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's 2016
Matt Hardy is the most entertaining pro wrestler
AJ Styles is WWE champion

and X-Pac is the most sensible retired pro wrestler

klonere

Banned
Yep, there's some very impressive rookies elsewhere, but none on Riddle's level - I think what sold me on him was seeing him in some of the small no-name indies. He seems to be able to work any sort of crowd and can get a good match out of any sort of opponent, which is pretty remarkable given how long he's been doing this.

I still don't like the way EVOLVE presents him or Catchpoint in general, they always come across as heels to me, but then the crowd's always behind them.

Yeah everyone was saying go watch Riddle at obscure American indie A and he just seems like he loves what he is doing and that rubs off on the crowd as well. Obviously he has great physical talents as well, but it's that motivation to perform at 100% for any crowd puts him over the top.

Catchpoint come across as tweeners to me, leaning more on the face side with the whole TNA vs WWN/WWE feud. The title picture is such an unclear mess (what is Thatcher?????) I think with the fluid nature of the indies right now with anybody liable to disappear at any second off to Orlando, it's smart to have top of the card guys that can do anything. The full face Riddle will be gigantically over when it comes around anyway.

MORE LIKE X-CUCK

fuck mras

Given all the shit X-Pac has been through I'm not as surprised that he'd say this. Still its not something I'd expect.

Recall

I'm sat here itching like an addict. I need more amazing 2016 NJPW matches. Any suggestions though I know nothing will top that Ishii v Okada match?

Top Bottom