• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

jmdajr

CuKuM9cXEAQ3SYy.jpg:small

are these new?

Heroman

Banned
Any dates or show names? Ya, know to make the Internet searching that bit easier.

Thanks
Okada vs Tanahashi Wrestle Kingdom 10
2. Omega vs Natio G1 day 18
3.Go Shiozaki & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Yuji Hino & Daisuke look this match up it hype as shit Fortune Dream 3
4 Okada vs Ishii G1 day 13
5. OMEGA VS ELGIN LADDER match Invasion attack
6. yamato vs shingo Dragon gate

I think if you showed me a list of hypotheticals and asked me which would be most WWE.txt, (assuming "50/50 booking" wasn't on there), the one I'd go with would be "rematch of match nobody cared about 12 years ago"

klonere

Banned
Recall if you are feeling really brave you should watch the Dragon Gate cage match from this year. 5 fucking stars for that thing but you need like 3 years worth of context for it to really hit as hard as it did me.

I love that X-Pac is a thoughtful human being. One of the last guys I'd expect it from based on his wrasslin' personas.

He used to be just as big an asshole as his persona, and he admitted as much in shoots and interviews even as recently as a month ago. He said it's mostly been growing up (something far from everybody actually does) that helped with most of that over the last 2 years, and grief/regret about what happened with Chyna recently

Yeah, iirc the All Asia tag belts are the oldest titles in Japan, they go all the way back to the early days of the JWA. Probably why they keep them around.

Aren't they pretty much used as All Japan's Jr. tag titles now?

Also, why haven't they created a new belt for the AJPW Tag Titles, like they did for the Triple Crown title? Having two belts is pretty awkward.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
X-Pac also had a pretty dark childhood. He was apparently molested as a kid. If you ever watch one of the kayfabe commentaries with him on it, I think it was the first one he did. It gets super dark.

Mahonay

Banned
X-Pac also had a pretty dark childhood. He was apparently molested as a kid. If you ever watch one of the kayfabe commentaries with him on it, I think it was the first one he did. It gets super dark.
X-Pac's life story in general is pretty sad. He's given some heart breaking and fucked up stories on Steve Austin's show too.

Waltman comes off as a really genuine and nice guy that's just been haunted by demons for a large percentage of his life. Guy just kind of seems happy to be alive these days.

Barrage

Damn it, misssd trashing Lucha Underground on thr last page.

In addition to the complaints listed, they just haven't elevated anyone besides Matanza, who they've pushed over the entire roster. Pentagon had this great ascension over the course of Season 1....and he's in the exact same position now in season 3.

It's time for someone to beat Brock clean, post Taker. That's not Goldberg but they need to start building someone to be in a position to do that, but not Reigns.

Barrage

I really am dreading having to move away from Toronto after Survivor Series if the crowd Full Sails.

Is Corpus Christi nice this time of year?

Recall

Naito vs Omega was exhilarating.

The stakes were high and they went above and beyond what I expected especially with the near falls and crazy amount of moves. It felt far more westernised or Indy with how crazy it got but it didn't stop it from being entertaining.

Apronside Dragon Suplexes are brutal.

The close near fall or I should say submission where it looked soooooo close to Omega was going to give up was a personal favourite. It was well built up and a brilliant way to keep the match going.

So after watching some NJPW today I would rank the matches I saw as the following:

1. Ishii vs Okada
2. Naito vs Omega
3. Omega vs Goto

Ishii vs Okada is my favourite match of this year now, it had me yelling at the screen and as I had no idea of the result it just added so much to the drama. In match story and drama wins out for me.

---

In regards to "This Is Awesome" chants I hated that shit when it started in TNA and indies in 2005 and I used to get chastised for my hate for it on those old ROH boards.

Top Bottom