• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Time for a simultaneous Beef's Bret Stupid Hart Ranking of WrestlingGAF's Heel and Net_Wrecker.

It's like you can't get it through your head.

I was paid to do a job. I did exactly that job. Literally.

I don't care about titles or Wrestlemania moments, or whatever. I clock in, I clock out.

PISS

jred2k

I learned today that there is a town in Ontario called Orton and it's extremely rural. That means people from Orton are actually from out of nowhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
La Mascara being called La Mascara while still losing his mask.

What an idiot. I'm happy to see Cobb throw him around.

Menome

I'm pretty sure I remain undefeated in GWF. 100% of matches won. An unstoppable Sandow-faced juggernaut with impeccable ring-gear.

gun_haver

'booty-o's - they make sure you ain't booty!' may be the worst catchphrase for an actually over wrestler i've ever heard.

like booty-o's could have been a funny little sprinkle on top of a promo here and there but they tried to road dogg it and it doesn't even make any sense. i think it's semi-over just through repetition but you can tell the atmosphere every time they say it is just mild confusion. fucking new day. bunch of nerds.

Awesome, STARDOM signed Toni Storm full-time;

9EcGs4E.jpg

That seems a given at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if we get another "choose the main event" vote betwen Naito/Tanahashi and Okada/Omega.

That'd be very apt, considering that Okada was denied his WK8 main event by Naito's lack of popularity, to then have his WK11 main event taken away precisely because Naito's now so popular.

Cosmozone

I hope they change up her gimmick. We've already got a hip hop Jersey girl in Carmella, and in both cases, it's just lame.
I'm good with Carmella, actually. Sort of a pity that her gimmick is so hated which she pulls off pretty well. The stuff she did at the beginning of the tag match was very fun to look at IMO. The thing with samey gimmicks is true, though (Liv's awful music doesn't help). Mandy has the same problem with the umpteenth Diva style gimmick.

Genuinely interested. How's the commentary on the shows though?

It's not bad, they've got a 3 man team for most of the show and it's better than most indies you'll see. They've improved it a lot since back when it was just Jim on his own, plus the commentary's done live now.

If anyone wants something to watch tonight,

Heel Stone Cold Steve Austin in 1996. The lead up to his match vs Bret at Survivor Series 96. Uploaded by me.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vdx9l_buildup-to-austin-vs-bret-at-survivor-series-96_tv

You may have seen some of it, but maybe not all of it in the same place.

Included:
Austin challenging Bret "If you put the letter S in front of Hitman, you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart"
Austin on commentary saying he'll go to Calgary and beat up his old man if he doesn't get an answer
Austin breaking Brian Pillman's ankle because Pillman called Bret "the best there is"
Austin stopping an ambulance from taking Pillman to the hospital
Austin breaks into Pillman's house and Pillman pulls out a gun on him
Austin telling Vince to stop pretending Monsoon was the boss
Austin beating up the production crew because they cut him off and then getting arrested for it
The classic "Pink tights? What the hell is that all about, Bret?" promos.

Attitude Era before the Attitude Era. All in 26 minutes.

Fucking love it brisco took that dive out the ring like a champ

Recall

If you like it, I recommend going back through their "Trial Of..." series for folks like Hulk Hogan, Paul Heyman, CM Punk etc.

It's annoying how one of the guys isn't mic'd up. If I get though this then I'll see...

There is an echo. It's weird.

Heroman

Banned
Imagine how many seats won't get sold because of the unnecessarily huge set
From my understanding they are betting on the hardcore that goes Maina every year to sell out . Which is stupid cause it so close to WM that people will probably go to that than RR.

Heroman

Banned
Imagine how many seats won't get sold because of how shit everything besides SmackDown has been
Yeah, out of The big ppv this year almost every wwe Live /ppv/TV attendance is down. I mean the last 2 ppv were way under with somewhere around 7000 tickets sells

Top Bottom