• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

I'm still confused as to why they keep going to Corpus Christi

raw

Zach

No Mercy via Wikipedia said:
1 Jack Swagger vs. Baron Corbin Singles match[17]
2 AJ Styles (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena Triple Threat match for the WWE World Championship[18]
3 Becky Lynch (c) vs. Alexa Bliss Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship[19]
4 Heath Slater and Rhyno (c) vs. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship[20]
5 The Miz (c) (with Maryse) vs. Dolph Ziggler Title vs. Career match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship; If Ziggler loses, he must retire.[21]
6 Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt Singles match[22]
7 Nikki Bella vs. Carmella Singles match[23]
8 Curt Hawkins vs. TBD Singles match[15]

Are you kidding me with this card? Especially with the competition? I'll probably check out Becky/Alexa after the debate and maybe Styles/Ambrose/Cena if it gets rave reviews. But lawd, that's an unsavory wrassle card.

Mahonay

Banned
Are you kidding me with this card? Especially with the competition? I'll probably check out Becky/Alexa after the debate and maybe Styles/Ambrose/Cena if it gets rave reviews. But lawd, that's an unsavory wrassle card.
How is this card any weaker than Backlash?

They've only got so many people to work with.

Haven't watch WWE since Summer Slam, didn't know Ryback left, i just ran into his podcast on youtube on why he left, and yet another wrestler leaves because of creative direction..

Mahonay

Banned
Haven't watch WWE since Summer Slam, didn't know Ryback left, i just ran into his podcast on youtube on why he left, and yet another wrestler leaves because of creative direction..
No. Ryback wanted to be pushed much harder than he was.

According to him, Vince had made promises to him in regards to this that he kept breaking. He also had issues with the way they handle merch.

Zach

How is this card any weaker than Backlash?

They've only got so many people to work with.

Did I say it was weaker? Really, maybe I did, I dunno. But looking at the Backlash card, I doubt it. Looks like crap, too.

(I think I watched two or three of these Backlash matches...)

1 Jack Swagger and Baron Corbin has negative heat. Their promos are beyond uncharismatic. They sound like 8th graders being forced to read out loud in class.

2 This can be a good match.

3 Could be decent, I'm an Alexa fan, but she's not winning. The more interesting thing for me is if the SmackDown women's roster, who are clearly underdogs compared to the Raw roster, will be compelled to meet the bar being set by Charlotte/Banks.

4 ehhh

5 This could be good for the melodrama.

6 Whatever, this Are You Afraid of the Dark? level supernatural horror shit side show is whatever. lol@ the upside down Randy promo. Maybe something comical will come of it.

7 Is this not on the pre-show?

8 I don't know Curt Hawkins but I already hate him.

Overall, I feel a 3/5 level of hype. I think it'll be fun.

Guys, we must prepare for the holiday season with WWE merchandise...
http://shop.wwe.com/ugly-holiday-sweatshirts/

FIGHT FOREVER

after the first big spot
You mean after the first lock up right? we'll be lucky to get any big spots.

Well they can only do so much with that roster.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, maybe that's the secret ingredient I'm missing.
Smackdown delivers a compelling week to week show with actual coherent storylines. It's a breath of fresh air. They are doing a lot with an incredibly minimal roster.

Meanwhile RAW squeezes out a really good show about every 2 months, and the rest of the time the show barely makes any sense on a weekly basis.

Mahonay

Banned
I want them to go bigger with this whole "The List" thing. Like, someone insults Jericho, he snaaps his fingers and a cavalry arrives lugging a huge safe. Two security guards come up with special keys, unlock it to reveal a velvit linen inside with the list sitting firmly on a regal pillow.
I want "the list" to keep going until it comes to the point where he puts Owens on the list. Make it a huge thing.

klonere

Banned
The more I think about it the more I think I really really didn't like the main event of PROGRESS Brixton. It was like a Wrestlemania main event that decided it wanted to be the Raw after Mania as well. Too much stuff going on and not a good enough match to tie it all together.

Makes me sad :(

The HEAT UP tag match on that list looks especially grimy.

Does it have a sick judo throw though

Zach

Former WrassleGAF poster and SomewhatGroovy's college roommate strobogo says Smackdown is not better than RAW and you guys are all just crazy. How do you respond?

imBask

Banned
Former WrassleGAF poster and SomewhatGroovy's college roommate strobogo says Smackdown is not better than RAW and you guys are all just crazy. How do you respond?

I say more people should join the discord and tell him how wrong this m-word is

The more I think about it the more I think I really really didn't like the main event of PROGRESS Brixton. It was like a Wrestlemania main event that decided it wanted to be the Raw after Mania as well. Too much stuff going on and not a good enough match to tie it all together.

Makes me sad :(

Does it have a sick judo throw though

It is a pretty great judo throw.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's not better than Raw. It's just shorter so it's easier to swallow, and it has the benefit of AJ and The Miz.

Sephzilla

Yeah, that No Mercy card is dog shit. The only one I'm interested in is Miz/Ziggler just for the hope that Ziggler takes one more big L

Aiii

So not worth it

Everything is shit and I haven't missed wrestling for a second, seriously debating turning my hiatus into a permanent deal and maybe only watch Goldberg, the Rumble and Mania for shits and giggles. We will see.

Mahonay

Banned
Everything is shit and I haven't missed wrestling for a second, seriously debating turning my hiatus into a permanent deal and maybe only watch Goldberg, the Rumble and Mania for shits and giggles. We will see.
You are not missing much aside from an AJ Styles championship run. Also the gift of Jericho.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's actually on my Possible Buy List. I love snow. And skiing.

You think I should buy Mafia III on PS4 for $48.00?

I like it a lot so far. A tier setting, music, and voice acting. The story is really good so far and the protagonist has IT

Zach

You should watch WCW Mayhem 2000.

Yeah, for real. Zach has this weird fucking hard-on for this dude.

I have a weird hard-on for all of you.

I like it a lot so far. A tier setting, music, and voice acting. The story is really good so far and the protagonist has IT

Dang iiiiiiit. I'll probably wrap up Uncharted 4 this weekend and order Mafia III. Thanks, Dato Hunk.

Top Bottom