• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

cCaSaTZ.gif

The game industry has truly lost whatever sense it had over the last 5 years.
Glorious!!

Congratulation wrestling fans
75nFUUZ.png

We have officially moved above gamers in the socially acceptable rankings.
This has been the case since that Gamergate bullshit started and "SJWs" (aka a codeword for racists crying about kideogame protagonists not all being white, brown-haired, middle-aged dudebros) became a thing.

Ok real talk.

Every time I see "SJW" I immediately think of the old CZW theme song.

Those 2 things couldn't be further apart. SJW just kind of sounds like the name of a shitty wrestling fed.

I've been wondering about something. If they are doing the Sasha/Charlotte match in the Cell, could they make that the main event? They have pretty much never done three Cell matches in one night (other than the first HIAC PPV in 09), so I don't think the Seth/Owens match will be HIAC, and they always main event with a Cell match on these shows. So the options are Roman/Rusev and Sasha/Charlotte in that case, and I could totally see them putting the women on last so they can hype it as "first time ever" for both a women's PPV main event and the first time the women are in HIAC.

Rimfya

Banned
I want to like Bray, but he's a loser. Why can't they have him do what Samoa Joe is doing on NXT at the moment? Make him a threat to everyone.

Bubba T

I've been wondering about something. If they are doing the Sasha/Charlotte match in the Cell, could they make that the main event? They have pretty much never done three Cell matches in one night (other than the first HIAC PPV in 09), so I don't think the Seth/Owens match will be HIAC, and they always main event with a Cell match on these shows. So the options are Roman/Rusev and Sasha/Charlotte in that case, and I could totally see them putting the women on last so they can hype it as "first time ever" for both a women's PPV main event and the first time the women are in HIAC.

This just makes me realize how thin the women's roster really is. They've been running some combination of Charlotte/Sasha for like 8 months now.

I want to like Bray, but he's a loser. Why can't they have him do what Samoa Joe is doing on NXT at the moment? Make him a threat to everyone.
Speaking of, Samoa Joe and William Regal probably has the best "authority" storyline the company has done since ruthless aggression, that actually makes sense after a year of escalation and buildup.

This just makes me realize how thin the women's roster really is. They've been running some combination of Charlotte/Sasha for like 8 months now.
As a straight feud we've had Charlotte vs Sasha from July to its' fourth continuous month now with October, minus the one or two weeks Sasha was briefly out healing.

We can only hope Emmalina comes to give us a GOAT Charlotte feud that ends with a Dana on a Pole match.

The Smackdown roster is really thin.

Ambrose, Orton, Cena, AJ, Bray.

That's the top 5.

That's it.

Ziggler, Miz, Swagger, Rhyno, Slater.

Is your mid card.
It seems like they don't care about helping that roster either. No callups in months and Harper is probably returning to Raw.

It seems like they don't care about helping that roster either. No callups in months and Harper is probably returning to Raw.
They should have Team Smackdown vs Team Raw for Survivor Series. Smackdown wins and the reward is about three NXT call-ups. Joe, Tye and Hideo get brought up.

Bubba T

As a straight feud we've had Charlotte vs Sasha from July to its' fourth continuous month now with October, minus the one or two weeks Sasha was briefly out healing.

We can only hope Emmalina comes to give us a GOAT Charlotte feud that ends with a Dana on a Pole match.

They had that triple threat at WM then Sasha disappeared. Otherwise yeah, it's been since July. It doesn't really change that the women's roster is thin, even with Emma. You would think with a three hour show their roster would be a little more fleshed out, but here we are.

They had that triple threat at WM then Sasha disappeared. Otherwise yeah, it's been since July. It doesn't really change that the women's roster is thin, even with Emma. You would think with a three hour show their roster would be a little more fleshed out, but here we are.
That's the way it was pre-brand split even. What wasn't a title feud in the women's division got barely any focus on it. 3 hours and you'd be lucky if a whole half hour of it went towards the women's division.

It's a lot different on Smackdown. The way things are going, they can toss pretty much any woman at the title and have a good story to back it up. That Six-Pack Challenge made everyone look strong and have their moment, making it fine for Carmella vs Nikki or Becky vs Alexa to happen (compare this to how jarring it might be if Alicia Fox got a title shot out of nowhere). And even people with no feuds like Naomi or Natalya are still receiving enough focus to keep them relevant.

Bubba T

That's the way it was pre-brand split even. What wasn't a title feud in the women's division got barely any focus on it. 3 hours and you'd be lucky if a whole half hour of it went towards the women's division.

It's a lot different on Smackdown. The way things are going, they can toss pretty much any woman at the title and have a good story to back it up. That Six-Pack Challenge made everyone look strong and have their moment, making it fine for Carmella vs Nikki or Becky vs Alexa to happen (compare this to how jarring it might be if Alicia Fox got a title shot out of nowhere). And even people with no feuds like Naomi or Natalya are still receiving enough focus to keep them relevant.

You know, I can't really take Alexa Bliss "seriously" as a competitior, and I think it's because of her current move set. She's smaller than everyone else, but she doesn't wrestle like it. It just seems off watching her matches.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

no callups in months? The draft happened mid-July and most talent didn't start getting their time on Smackdown until August. American Alpha, Alexa, Mojo, and Carmella all came up 2 months ago. That's more than enough time to wait until the next callups since calling people up every month would be overkill for the talent attempting to get themselves over.

Smackdown did add Jack Swagger, Rhyno, and Heath recently. They will be adding Curt Hawkins soon, too.

I imagine Corbin and Crews are still held in high regard, but will need more time to develop, especially Crews.

Smackdown should trade Kallisto to the Raw for Bo Dallas, Titus, or Darren Young. Kallisto can compete for the IC and Cruiserweight titles, Dallas/Titus/Young would get more chances on Smackdown to get over rather than on a crowded Raw brand that doesn't have much for them.

NXT talent that is "ready" and can easily leave NXT without hurting the brand include:
Tye Dillinger, The Revival, and Buddy Murphy (prefer him to Blake). All could easily fit on Smackdown, but WWE needs to talent like Corbin, Crews, American Alpha, and the previous callups to move up from the midcard to the main event sooner rather than later to have room at the bottom of the card.

Joe, Roode, Nakamura, Itami, Asuka, and Aries will likely be there for the remainder of the year with Joe being the closest to on his way out.

Nekofrog

Banned
Someone mentioned Buddy Murphy

I think the dude is actuality really fun to watch in ring and his look is good enough for the mid card

Would promote to smackdown

ReiGun

They should have called Ty Dillenger up during the draft. Dude could be a solid midcarder.

Certainly would have been better than Mojo Rawley.

Across The Nation, easily. Everything they've had since is so bad

ATN is some top tier dumb wrasslin rock. The recent Backlash theme was good, wish they could use that as a theme.

somedevil

They should have called Ty Dillenger up during the draft. Dude could be a solid midcarder.

Certainly would have been better than Mojo Rawley.

Well I think he is happy right now with him most likely getting his biggest match ever in his home country for the NXT survivor series show.

After that I bet he gets called up.

Across The Nation, easily. Everything they've had since is so bad

ATN is some top tier dumb wrasslin rock. The recent Backlash theme was good, wish they could use that as a theme.
That song by Through Fire for Backlash is great, reminds me of the day when they actually had theme songs for every PPV and they were great. Loved listening to them during the Sunday Night Heat match card buildups.

Top Bottom