• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
think we know who to give the title to
a8eee8b9f80a1692692a62d372f7180d.gif
^

In this Wrestling with Shadows doc, watching Bret talk to anyone is so awkward. It's like watching Natalya trying to be a wrestler.

That Wrestle Kingdom poster just reminds me what a year AJ Styles has had.

-Wrestled at Wrestle Kingdom against Nakamura
-Royal Rumble Debut (not thrown out right away)
-Put over Roman Reigns
-WWE Champion
-Beat John Cena Clean

I've never understood why Bret thinks he got screwed. He was leaving the company, and refused to do the job the company he was leaving told him to do. He had to! He was an employee, and he acted like a shit. I find it all really weird, and he says it's all about respect etc, but I don't know.

I've never understood why Bret thinks he got screwed. He was leaving the company, and refused to do the job the company he was leaving told him to do. He had to! He was an employee, and he acted like a shit. I find it all really weird, and he says it's all about respect etc, but I don't know.
He screwed himself.

Ego, not wanting to put up with any more of Shawn's shit and having creative control in his last 30 days, can't remember if it was "reasonable creative control" or just creative control though, it's kind of a wonder Bret never sued.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The fascinating part about Montreal is that all sides have perfectly valid points.

McMahon and Shawn thought Bret took things too seriously which he did.
Bret thought that Shawn was acting extra douchey towards him, which he was.
Bret thought that Shawn was jealous of his enormous payday, which he was.
Bret thought that McMahon purposefully turned Shawn heel to steal all his thunder, which he did.
Shawn thought that HHH and McMahon had a point about Bret being too hung up about where he dropped the title, which is true. You do it at the PPV.
That being said, Bret did have creative control over his character in the last 30 days, which was not honored.
McMahon thought that the future of the company was neither of these men, which was true.

I disagree

good man

The fascinating part about Montreal is that all sides have perfectly valid points.

Bret's are probably the most valid to be fair (even though the man is a total whingebag and I've always though shawn was better in every facet of wrestling). He was willing to drop to shawn at the PPV initially, and then shawn flat out said, thanks, I wouldn't do the same for you. And he said it seriously, not as a joke.

No one would have dropped the title to shawn at the ppv if that had been said to them.

Zach

Because other top guys never refused to do the job to certain other guys. That precedent certainly wasn't already set in the business of pro wrestling.

Shawn was a massive cunt, Vince was overly paranoid, and Bret was incredibly naive for thinking Vince would actually take him at his word. There.

Meltz has recently said that vince 100% wasn't paranoid about Bret leaving with the title (vince didn't think he'd do it, and even if he did he didn't think bish would do another madusa with the lawsuit ongoing), and that the only thing that makes sense is that vince wanted to do was to damage bret hart's value to the candian market as much as he could before he went to wcw, as canada was one of the few things wwf had over wcw at the time.

Of course his actions probably increased bret's value to canada in theory (though bish so badly mismanaged bret it didn't matter).

Pikma

Banned

solid documentary. Lots of great quotes out of there

Even as a Canadian I really enjoyed seeing how disillusioned Bret was, because let's be real he was wrong for the most part.
Holy shit such a novel concept why didn't I come up with this before

Anybody who thinks Vince or Shawn especially really have any valid reasons to do the Screwjob are either lying to themselves or have never read the Meltzer Observers on this. Bret had reasonable creative control and already put forth multiple scenarios where he'd drop the belt outside of Canada. He wasn't going to appear on Nitro with the belt.

Melzter's reporting that Becky's injury is apparently minor and she should be back within the month but she won't be performing tonight.

Edit: Is Meltz always going to go 'this PPV will likely suck' for every Smackdown PPV? He said the same shit about Backlash.

Melzter's reporting that Becky's injury is apparently minor and she should be back within the month but she won't be performing tonight.

Edit: Is Meltz always going to go 'this PPV will likely suck' for every Smackdown PPV? He said the same shit about Backlash.
He just proves even more that he's a jackass

UberTag

That Wrestle Kingdom poster just reminds me what a year AJ Styles has had.

-Wrestled at Wrestle Kingdom against Nakamura
-Royal Rumble Debut (not thrown out right away)
-Put over Roman Reigns
-WWE Champion
-Beat John Cena Clean
He's the undisputed wrestler of the year.

Can anyone claim to have fared better? Zayn is treated like an afterthought in the WWE and is probably the only person you could argue has had an equal amount of top-rated matches.

I suppose Matt Hardy could make an argument for the honor. But I would like to think gimmick/feud of the year would be enough for him.

Heroman

Banned

Let be real ourselves this card is shit, like if they sold on actually PPV no one would buy it. Outside of the main event there nothing really here, exciting. Espessliy if you are dave watching better shows every other week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's the undisputed wrestler of the year.

Can anyone claim to have fared better? Zayn is treated like an afterthought in the WWE and is probably the only person you could argue has had an equal amount of top-rated matches.

I suppose Matt Hardy could make an argument for the honor. But I would like to think gimmick/feud of the year would be enough for him.

naito.gif

Let be real ourselves this card is shit, like if they sold on actually PPV no one would buy it. Outside of the main event there nothing really here, exciting. Espessliy if you are dave watching better shows every other week.
People said the exact same thing about Backlash in that it had a terrible card with a potentially exciting main event, and that turned out be arguably one of the better PPV's of the year.

Kornflayx

There are no flippy matches on this card which he can rub one out over, so it must be shit

Heroman

Banned
People said the exact same thing about Backlash in that it had a terrible card with a potentially exciting main event, and that turned out be arguably one of the better PPV's of the year.

I thought that backlash was just a show it beat my expectations barely so that why I not excited for no mercy.
And also have to put yourself dave shoes , You have No mercy and King of pro wrestling in the span of 24 hours, and when have two of something comparison will be made. No Mercy card is nothing to King of pro wrestling. So I can see where dave is coming from

Mahonay

Banned
I thought that backlash was just a show it beat my expectations barely so that why I not excited
And also have to put yourself dave shoes , You have No mercy and King of pro wrestling in the span of 24 hours, and when have two of something comparison will be made. No Mercy card is nothing to King of pro wrestling. So I can see where dave is coming from
For someone who has critiqued wrestling for a living his entire life, and experiences the very best matches/events in the business all around the world, I can absolutely see why he would look at No Mercy and just completely not give a fuck.

Top Bottom