• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Broken_Poster_01.jpg
Official ticket options are Skarsgard VIP Package and Obsolete Mule General Admission

So now it's being said Becky has a health issue and not an injury keeping her from taking bumps.

"For those of you who have written us asking about the different reports floating around that WWE Smackdown Women's champion Becky Lynch is not cleared to compete at tonight's WWE No Mercy pay-per-view, I can confirm those reports to be legitimate.

WWE sources, speaking under condition of anonymity, have told PWInsider.com that a health issue is keeping Lynch from taking bumps. There is no physical injury and she is not been suspended, but WWE officials have made the decision that she cannot take bumps until the health issue has cleared.

Lynch is at tonight's pay-per-view, so she may make an appearance or WWE may run an angle, but she will not be competing tonight."

KingBroly

Banned
So now it's being said Becky has a health issue and not an injury keeping her from taking bumps.

"For those of you who have written us asking about the different reports floating around that WWE Smackdown Women's champion Becky Lynch is not cleared to compete at tonight's WWE No Mercy pay-per-view, I can confirm those reports to be legitimate.

WWE sources, speaking under condition of anonymity, have told PWInsider.com that a health issue is keeping Lynch from taking bumps. There is no physical injury and she is not been suspended, but WWE officials have made the decision that she cannot take bumps until the health issue has cleared.

Lynch is at tonight's pay-per-view, so she may make an appearance or WWE may run an angle, but she will not be competing tonight."

Is PWInsider even trustworthy? Because that phrasing is awfully suspicious

Looks like some of GAF's favorite have had a bad run of match rankings from da Meltz:

Kane

(-1.5)(vs The Undertaker; Judgement Day 1998)
(-1)(vs Big Show; King of the Ring 1999)
(-1)( vs Big Show; Fully Loaded 1999)
(-2)(w/ The Undertaker vs Brian Adams & Bryan Clark; Unforgiven 2001)
(-1)(vs Big Show; Backlash 2006)
(-1)(vs The Great Khali; Wrestlemania 23)
(-1)(vs The Great Khali; Summerslam 2009)
(-1)(vs The Great Khali; Breaking Point 2009)

Alex Wright/ Berlyn

(-1.5)(vs Steve McMichael; Halloween Havoc 1997)
(-1)(vs Steve McMichael; World War 3 1997)
(-1)(w/ Disco Inferno vs Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock; Road Wild 1998)
(-1)(vs Jim Duggan; Fall Brawl 1999)
(-1)(vs Vampiro; WCW Mayhem 1999)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/56ksf1/the_unwanted_stars_list_of_wrestlers_with_3/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It has been a while since we had some good old "woman can't wrestle, must be pregnant" rumors, we were due some.
Seems like a bit of a stretch to act like it's an offensive notion to think that a woman in their late 20s might bear children.

It always tickles me just how bad that match; easily one of the most horrible wwf title matches ever.

Really, the Taker/Kane matches just got progressively worse through 1998.

As a long time taker fan it's funny how little chemistry these two have considering the relationship between their characters.

Aiii

So not worth it
Such an odd thing to take offense to.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to act like it's an offensive notion to think that a woman in their late 20s might bear children.

No offense was taken. An observation was made, though. There was neither offense or judgement implied in my comment, just that we used to have a lot more pregnancy rumors whenever a woman was out of in-ring action due to undisclosed injury and that it has been a while.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If Ziggler wins tonight I wont panic. I'll assume the best is happening. Miz is putting Ziggler over right before his long overdue transistion to back to the main event picture.

somedevil

Maybe a staph infection?

So just so you don't think about giving them the benefit of the doubt: second SD PPV in a row now where WWE knows one of their scheduled matches won't happen and refuses to announce it before showtime

So just so you don't think about giving them the benefit of the doubt: second SD PPV in a row now where WWE knows one of their scheduled matches won't happen and refuses to announce it before showtime
If there's one thing WWE loves, it's staying on message and treating their fans like idiots.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Miz isn't going over those guys. Ziggy is so far gone that there is nothing they can do unless he beat Brock in 10s.
If you want to build Miz back up to main event level, having him going over those guys is exactly what needs to come next. It's unlikely that WWE actually wants to do this, but let me dream.

As for Ziggler, to be honest I don't really care...

Hasney

No offense was taken. An observation was made, though. There was neither offense or judgement implied in my comment, just that we used to have a lot more pregnancy rumors whenever a woman was out of in-ring action due to undisclosed injury and that it has been a while.

Well it would be weird if people said that about male injuries.

Top Bottom