• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

For someone who has critiqued wrestling for a living his entire life, and experiences the very best matches/events in the business all around the world, I can absolutely see why he would look at No Mercy and just completely not give a fuck.

Also you have to come at it from the context of "there were maybe 13 of these damn things announced at the beginning of the year and now there's a split and welp now it's 19 with one every 3 weeks and 2 about to happen within 20 days of each other"

You're a masochist silly person if you can be pumped about that, let alone with how the overall product's been for so long

I think I'll be watching No Mercy instead of the debate tonight. I'm just not sure I can handle......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................IT.

It being the "debate."

And that's not even factoring in injury risk

You know the average normal reaction to the G1 Climax, with a card nearly every day for a full month?

"Welp, I wonder who's/how many are getting hurt this time"

Imagine that for a full year. And cue people posting about how "WELL HOW DARE SOMEONE THINK SOME CARDS WILL BE BAD OR SOME DEATHS MAY OCCUR"

Barrage

Let's not act like it's Meltzers exquisite taste thats causing him to not appreciate No Mercy.

He has some unexplainable dickrash against Miz thats causing him to co.pletely ignroe the great Heel worl hes doing, the same way he has a boner for the Young Bucks' forgettable, generic, indie-riffic garbage act. He isn't some infallible quality detector, m*rks.

Let be real ourselves this card is shit, like if they sold on actually PPV no one would buy it. Outside of the main event there nothing really here, exciting. Espessliy if you are dave watching better shows every other week.

It's crazy what you can get away with when you don't have to sell PPV's.

I'm literally only interested in styles and miz. Two matches.

Going to be on blackout for the next few days due to no network access until about Thursday. The only wrestling I will get is Impact which being in the UK is a week behind current takings.

Mahonay

Banned
Let's not act like it's Meltzers exquisite taste thats causing him to not appreciate No Mercy.

He has some unexplainable dickrash against Miz thats causing him to co.pletely ignroe the great Heel worl hes doing, the same way he has a boner for the Young Bucks' forgettable, generic, indie-riffic garbage act. He isn't some infallible quality detector, m*rks.
The part about Miz is absolutely true. He has an irrational hate for him for whatever reason and refuses to get over it.

Fuck Trump, the guy is a scumbag but at least the good news is that his chances of winning the election are tanking hard and Trump being a sore loser is going to go down kicking and screaming.

Mahonay

Banned
Fuck Trump, the guy is a scumbag but at least the good news is that his chances of winning the election are tanking hard and Trump being a sore loser is going to go down kicking and screaming.

giphy.gif

Meltz has surprisingly been positive about Miz over this feud. Sure in a months time he'll be back to shitting on him for ridiculous reasons and in the first week or two he was misunderstanding some parts, but it's mostly Alvarez hating on Ziggler that's the real negativity on the feud.

Mahonay

Banned
?

Meltz has been talking about how great his promos were recently and even defended his wrestling to Bryan at the last PPV.
Oh, well hadn't heard that.

I always see the quotes where he just takes giant shits on the Miz.
Meltz has surprisingly been positive about Miz over this feud. Sure in a months time he'll be back to shitting on him for ridiculous reasons and in the first week or two he was misunderstanding some parts, but it's mostly Alvarez hating on Ziggler that's the real negativity on the feud.
Ah, gotch ya.

I'm not up to date with Observer stuff it would seem.

Bryan just can't see how they can rescue Ziggler from this.

And neither can I unless they turn him heel and he wins every single match he's in for the rest of the year. But I don't see that happening.

Mahonay

Banned

And neither can I unless they turn him heel and he wins every single match he's in for the rest of the year. But I don't see that happening.
Yeah, they'd have to turn his character completely and put a rocket under his ass. I just don't see it since they've refused to do it so many times in the past.

Recall

So 2004 to 2006 had some seriously weak Smackdown PPVs. Tonight's looks like another with their being only one match worth your time.

All hail AJ

Velcro Fly

Going to be hard to watch No Mercy when the better no mercy moment will be Hillary laying the smackdown on Trump during the debate. And if the Miz loses I'm turning it off entirely.

I hope that happens - If they have the grapefruits, losing is better for ziggler.

They can take him away for a while and bring him back as a demented heel. He's not doing anything as a face now.

He's an idiot.

Becky injury takes this show down a few notches for me. I was looking forward to seeing what her and Alexa could do. Thought they'd be motivated by the quality of the match Sasha and Charlotte had on Raw.

Lothar

Banned
Anybody who thinks Vince or Shawn especially really have any valid reasons to do the Screwjob are either lying to themselves or have never read the Meltzer Observers on this. Bret had reasonable creative control and already put forth multiple scenarios where he'd drop the belt outside of Canada. He wasn't going to appear on Nitro with the belt.

That's like if the actor playing Darth Vader refused to lose to Luke on a Empire spaceship. Lucas realizing what a nutcase he has on his hands tricks the actor playing Darth Vader into losing to Luke and having the scene play out the way he wants. So now Darth Vader is the victim of a screwjob.

Meltzer mentioning on the radio show that Billy Corgan is a huge fan of Vince Russo. And to keep that in mind if he gets TNA.

TNA can never escape this man.

Mizerman

He's the undisputed wrestler of the year.

Can anyone claim to have fared better? Zayn is treated like an afterthought in the WWE and is probably the only person you could argue has had an equal amount of top-rated matches.

I suppose Matt Hardy could make an argument for the honor. But I would like to think gimmick/feud of the year would be enough for him.

If people told me that Matt Hardy would reinvent himself in a good way, I'd laugh. But hey, it happened.

Tagyhag

That'd be the only way I'd be fine with Ziggler winning. But like you said, it's not happening.

Top Bottom