• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Unicorn

Yo, is there like a crash course culture video for what the core of wrestling is? Like, the drama aspect of the showmanship and soap aspects. Specifically the performance aspect.

Something that's relatively short and represents what wrestling is all about. Gonna be shown to college students.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know, I feel like if they're smart they'll just give Bray complete creative control over this part of his character. Abigail, at least to me, has always been intentionally vague and phantasmal and it wouldn't be right to take that quality away.

Like, if it does end up being an actual person, I hope it's an idea that's coming from Bray and not from creative because I absolutely do not trust to the latter to treat it with any kind of tact or subtlety.

Abigail isn't supposed to be literally his sister anyways she's some crazy nun who taught him swamp magic he can use to mess with the lights in various arenas

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God I love the live action Spawn movie

'I have a framed poster of an atomic mushroom and a fishbowl with fighting scorpions and a tarantula in it.... oh and this picture of michael jordan. i'm evil btw'

Abigail isn't supposed to be literally his sister anyways she's some crazy nun who taught him swamp magic he can use to mess with the lights in various arenas

Yeah, I know that, but her origin, her powers, pretty much everything about her has that shroud of mystery around it. We know Abigail is, in some form, supernatural but we don't know to what level and how much Bray is able to tap into.

It's just going to kind of shit on what they've built if it's someone on the roster out there in makeup cutting promos.

Cagey

Banned
Given talking on a microphone is at least half of professional wrestling, Enzo Amore is one of the best pro wrestlers today.

galvatron

Yo, is there like a crash course culture video for what the core of wrestling is? Like, the drama aspect of the showmanship and soap aspects. Specifically the performance aspect.

Something that's relatively short and represents what wrestling is all about. Gonna be shown to college students.

I'd have gone with Runnin up that hill for how focused the story is.

I watched Omega v Juice per recommendations made the other night. Fun and consistent. Liked the story. The backdrop from the apron was nasty. Them mapping out the rest of the match while on the floor was hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Batista is the only wrestler turned actor that I just look at as straight up just an actor

like The Rock is still a wrestler playing an actor to me
Cena is Hogan levels of mediocre actor just playing himself

but Big Dave? Big Dave is an actor.

He needs a bigger body of work and a variety of roles and genres under his belt. Right now he is the result of good (careful) booking in Hollywood . Rock has done more.

Dave comes across as someone who is having fun but not as an actor per se.

Batista also never broke out into the mainstream as "a wrestler" like the others. He's an obviously big dude and people can figure it out/look it up but he's not playing Batista The Wrestler as you've said

To the world he's The Guy From Guardians the same way that The Dad From Malcolm In The Middle is now The Breaking Bad Guy

hertog

I just want to say that I give literally zero fucks about a potential Shield reunion

This is what I wanted to say. Never got the appeal during their first run. Just 3 dudes with annoying music with a crowd entrance.

Also since Reigns kept the shield outfit and Music, it's like they never left.

Maybe it would be a little interesting if a new stable would run amok for a few weeks. But no, now it's Miz, Cesaro and Sheamus to do the job.

Lastly, Dwayne Johnson is the brand now. Not 'The Rock'. Dude worked hard to break away from the confinements of what people expect from these guys who were known for fake sports. He has far more broad appeal than any wrestler on the market right now.

*Says you see Batista, whose roles are 95% the heavy bruiser type that have been portrayed by pro wrestlers since forever, as an "actor" not a pro wrestler*

Ok bud.

You know who sucks ? Chuck Norris. Hard to reconcile this episode of Walker, Texas Ranger that tackles racism with the real man's undying love for Trump.

I have no clue why I'm fucking watching this

*Says you see Batista, whose roles are 95% the heavy bruiser type that have been portrayed by pro wrestlers since forever, as an "actor" not a pro wrestler*

Ok bud.
He's a big dumb thug type but it'd be the same as any other big dumb wrestling thug type showing up on your screen

I'm talking about the personality. As friend Data West said, Rock and Cena are pretty much just playing themselves. And if it's a serious, non self-referential role their range consists of "bad ass" and "American"

hertog

Batista gets me hyped for watching a movie, going to see bladerunner this weekend. Please don't suck like prometheus and covenant.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is Bray still feuding with Finn anyways? He lost to Demon Balor and Stripper Balor. There's nothing to even fight over.

Batista gets me hyped for watching a movie, going to see bladerunner this weekend. Please don't suck like prometheus and covenant.
All of the pre-release stuff seems very positive (haven't read specifics though)

Gonna be lit, certainly not in the realm of stuff like Prometheus/Covenant

He's a big dumb thug type but it'd be the same as any other big dumb wrestling thug type showing up on your screen

I'm talking about the personality. As friend Data West said, Rock and Cena are pretty much just playing themselves. And if it's a serious, non self-referential role their range consists of "bad ass" and "American"

A Tom Hanks or Leo DiCaprio playing themselves in different roles doesn't make either of them any less of an actor. Being an actor doesn't mean you don't see the performer, per se.

Your Measure as an actor is conveying complex and wide ranges of emotions and motifs, not pretending to have a different look or voice etc

people got hype for twin peaks, in 2017

people like dumb things sometimes

25-08-2017_1503650642_1.gif

It's funny that the Shield broke up like what....3 years ago and they look like the DX reunion by comparison. A bunch of old guys getting back together for one last run, brother

klonere

Banned
they did the shield reunion already

they never ever do these things right because one day vince could arrive and say "sheamus is your world champion again" and it will happen

klonere

Banned
I finally subscribed to DDT Universe! I listened to Burning Spirits review the last Korakuen and it seemed too good not to watch.

Gonna watch tonight, I'm pretty excited to dive in after all the hype.

Top Bottom