• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Zach

I have an irrational fear of when I'm cleaning my ears someone opens the door and then I jame the Q-tip into my ear.

I've considered this. I have moved away from the bathroom door because of this thought.

Also, my ladyfriend tells me that you're not supposed to clean your ears with a Q-tip. She's, like, an ear doctor or something. But I tell her that she can take my Q-tips from my cold, dead hands.

Edit: Heroman is my ladyfriend.

Hasney

I have an irrational fear of when I'm cleaning my ears someone opens the door and then I jame the Q-tip into my ear.

$_58.JPG

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have this irrational fear that someone's going to open my side gate and my dog's going to chase some squirrel and get ran over or something. I don't know why. He mostly lives inside. And when he's outside, I'm with him half the time. I don't know. I just don't want to lose him. My sweet prince. My favorite son.

I hate you, NVM.

Same scenario here. So far he's been a Good Boy (that is what he is, after all) and even when the gate is open, he doesn't go out - so far so good. But yeah, worried. Worried eternal.

205 isn't failing because of the talent, it's just how the whole thing was handled. Giving the division their own treatments + show was just too much. It made the whole thing feel unauthentic.

I also am loving, and hating, all the HHH love over how he's handled NXT. Handling a 1 hour show is completely different from managing an entire company and multi-show storylines.

900_6957894g1f_john-chqk6b.jpg

happy bday, brother

Trios in WWE would be fresh, interested to see how they would book them. I do like fun and playful multi man tag matches.

Congrats on not hitting your 30's yet!

Old man can still go!
65fe36470c808d7e6207e7cdb4fe60b0.gif

happy birthday!

cfmjIXN.gif

Razor Ramon Scott Hall is a top five wrestling look.

Happy birthday, friend!
I just want to remind everyone that this community is the best no matter what anyone says.

Zach

Scott+Norton+powerslams+Rick+Steiner.gif

Scott+Norton+powerslams+Rick+Steiner+slow+motion.gif

Gah dang, Ricky! Dude is clearly hurting. Gets up, gotta work through it, brother. He's rattled and off-kilter. Might as well throw some clotheslines, do some suplexes, hey let's go up top. Oh, what, you want me to take a shoulderbreaker? Seems fine.

Could've just tagged out, but nah. In a post-broken-necked-Austin world. Unbelief.

Fox318

same.

I also fear ironing and having a phone nearby. I've heard stories of people putting a hot iron to their face thinking it was their phone.

Egg0

Banned
Food poisoning really fucking sucks

Been stuck in bed for 2 days now

That sucks fam. Hope you feel better soon.

I've started having an irrational fear of falling face first while brushing my teeth. I don't know how it would happen, but it's still fucked.

These Cruiserweights can Cruiser-wait, brother.

The only thing flipping in my house is the channel on my tv, how-you-doin.

0zd0W6q.gif

Though for your second point about submissions, well it would probably help if half the flippy dippies didn't decide to have crummy submission finishers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Then they should do somethin.

Not doing it means they desperately want the attention

Pikma

Banned
I feel for you man.
A few weeks ago my usual chinese take away place was closed, so I tried a new place and felt death slam dancing on my guts for days.
for me it was some chicken teriyaki from what seemed to be a pretty good place. I'm usually very picky about what I eat and the places I frequent but I've been away from home for a few weeks now and that's why ended up getting rolled up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I sort of dug the 8-bit you cant see me shirt. Still wasn't #Safe though

Imagine that, a wrestling shirt referencing a kideo game isn't safe. It's like the worst of both worlds

I don't know if you could get LESS safe

Picked up the SNES Classic on Sunday at Nintendo NY in my "I watched one NJPW event" Bullet Club T-shirt and one of the girls working there gave me a Too Sweet.

Almost hit her with a cease and desist

Draxal

There's more to what can be changed than just MOVEZ. Use the pacing, the logic(or lack thereof), variety of moves, and the rhythm of indie style or hell non-WWE style and then we can decide on whether the audience is there for it or not. Watch the CWC Cedric Alexander match against Ibushi or watch his indie matches and then watch a stock CWC match that he's in that garners no heat and try to tell me that those matches are the same. Pro wrestling isn't some rigid form of entertainment, they can do a lot more than an extra flip or two that AJ Styles doesn't do.

Pete Dunn and Tyler Bate's match from that one Takeover is a perfect example of what an indie paced match can look like without flippy dippy shenanigans. It felt different than all the other NXT matches on that card.

I know Sami Callihan attested to that fact that the faster paced Indy Style is kinda frowned upon by the WWE, but once done in person forgiven easily, however its still not the main problem 205 faces.

205 live is the sixth hour of wrestling in 2 days (and while Raw and Smackdown travel to different cities, there's overlap between the fans that attend both). And of those 5 hours there is a billion commercials breaks, crowds are incredibly fatigued by the end.

That's a bit of a stretch, don't ya think?

Hell I thought it was a riff off Doggy Style..
Bit of a stretch?????

It was that same shirt design and font with "KITTY STYLE HAS ARRIVED", "OSPREAY" on the back and yarn balls instead of studs

I'd show you a pic but it's scrubbed from the internet

Sephzilla

Saying "Kitty Style is too similar to Strong Style" I feel is something that wouldn't hold up in court

edit - Oh I didn't realize it was the Nakamura shirt with literally two words swapped

Top Bottom