• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think they're going to mention Asuka's age. The only reason they do with Mickie is because she debuted on the main roster in 2006.

I would consider it more likely they just have Alexa be racist to Asuka (not that I think it will happen). But if I had to guess, they're going to have her just try to big league Asuka about how now losing in NXT doesn't mean anything or whatever because NXT is the junior division or something. The generic heel heat you'd expect out of it.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/915137031533031424

STARDOM TRUE FIGHT2017 Oct 17 Korakuen Hall 18:30
◆Queen's Quest vs Oedo Tai Series
Io Shirai vs Hana Kimura

DLM4JKCUEAAv1H4.jpg

Yes.

Hex

Banned
Of it is a work but it serves not purpose, besides telling us that she is old

Just just needs to stop wearing those big huge eyelash things when she is wrestling because they always get messed up and looking all out of whack after matches

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you ain't talking to the right Ziller fans.

Megalon/Gigan best tag team

Sephzilla

Digging the look and feel of Shin Godzilla, but never really got into other Gojira stuff. Any thing that's more modern like this versus the og stuff? Never got much into Kaiju stuff beyond Kong Skull Island

Tonally there isn't much like Shin Godzilla. The closest things I can recommend to Shin Godzilla are the original 1954 Gojira (Japanese version please, not the US version), and 1984's Return of Godzilla. They're both solo Godzilla movies that deal with the disaster that is Godzilla. After that, I'd recommend all of the 80's and 90s Godzilla Versus flicks. They're pretty fun and don't go as overboard with the camp as the 60s and 70s movies.

My fav five I'd recommend for you are;
-- Gojira '54
-- Return of Godzilla
-- Godzilla vs Biollante
-- Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
-- Godzilla: Final Wars*

If you don't like those movies you're probably not gonna get into Godzilla in general. But if you do like then then I'd recommend delving into some of the crazier 60s/70s stuff like Vs MechaGodzilla and Vs Megalon.

* - Final Wars is complete off the wall insanity that isn't really like other Godzilla movies. I just recommend it because it's crazy anime cheese cranked up to 11

Tonally there isn't much like Shin Godzilla. The closest things I can recommend to Shin Godzilla are the original 1954 Gojira (Japanese version please, not the US version), and 1984's Return of Godzilla. They're both solo Godzilla movies that deal with the disaster that is Godzilla. After that, I'd recommend all of the 80's and 90s Godzilla Versus flicks. They're pretty fun and don't go as overboard with the camp as the 60s and 70s movies.

My fav five I'd recommend for you are;
-- Gojira '54
-- Return of Godzilla
-- Godzilla vs Biollante
-- Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
-- Godzilla: Final Wars*

If you don't like those movies you're probably not gonna get into Godzilla in general. But if you do like then then I'd recommend delving into some of the crazier 60s/70s stuff like Vs MechaGodzilla and Vs Megalon.

* - Final Wars is completely off the walls insanity that isn't really like other Godzilla movies. I just recommend it because it's crazy anime cheese cranked up to 11

Awesome, thank you. So definitely don't watch the Matthew Broderick one?

Sephzilla

Awesome, thank you. So definitely don't watch the Matthew Broderick one?

yFl92f5.gif

The Broderick Godzilla movie is an okay monster movie in its own regard but it gets absolutely everything wrong about Godzilla. The director of that movie even said he didn't like Godzilla movies when he made it.

Spoilers -
Godzilla is supposed to be a near unstoppable monster born from the fires of nuclear weapons, and regular weapons are not supposed to phase him. So of course Broderick Godzilla gets killed by a few missiles shot by fighter jets.

Foggy

On the kaiju tip, if you can find a copy of Henge then I strongly encourage it. An OVA length movie that's a cool mix of body horror and kaiju.

The Broderick Godzilla movie is an okay monster movie in its own regard but it gets absolutely everything wrong about Godzilla. The director of that movie even said he didn't like Godzilla movies when he made it.

Spoilers -
Godzilla is supposed to be a near unstoppable monster born from the fires of nuclear weapons, and regular weapons are not supposed to phase him. So of course Broderick Godzilla gets killed by a few missiles shot by fighter jets.

But it's got that sweet P Diddy and Jimmy Paige collab!

Seriously though, the way Shin Godzilla is handling the story is fine for me. i like that it's more story on Godzilla showing up versus a 90 minute battle. Also just love the color/lighting of the whole movie. Much prefer this to the insane color saturation of modern movies.

Flair going cray cray on Nitro 170. He dropped a running elbow inside the ring on nobody. He wants to kill Bischoff at Starrcade.

Now Flair is in the corner on the floor in pain and Double A ran down to check on him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Flair going cray cray on Nitro 170. He dropped a running elbow inside the ring on nobody. He wants to kill Bischoff at Starrcade.

Now Flair is in the corner on the floor in pain and Double A ran down to check on him.

Yep, I remember this.

Sephzilla

But it's got that sweet P Diddy and Jimmy Paige collab!

Seriously though, the way Shin Godzilla is handling the story is fine for me. i like that it's more story on Godzilla showing up versus a 90 minute battle. Also just love the color/lighting of the whole movie. Much prefer this to the insane color saturation of modern movies.

Shin Godzilla is basically everything I've wanted from a Godzilla movie since Return of Godzilla. Godzilla is OP as fuck and Japan basically pisses themselves trying to figure out how to stop it

Wrestling_mental_breakdown.gif

Shin Godzilla is basically everything I've wanted from a Godzilla movie since Return of Godzilla. Godzilla is OP as fuck and Japan basically pisses themselves trying to figure out how to stop it

]

Just got to the night scene where Gojira goes ham, and this is so god damn awesome. It's such a nice blend of modern flim making with the miniature design of the 60s/70s.

Been thinking about the whole Enzo as a draw thing:

I don't think people are tuning in to see Enzo the wrestler, but rather to see Enzo get his shit kicked in. Still technically a draw, but not in a good way I guess

Been thinking about the whole Enzo as a draw thing:

I don't think people are tuning in to see Enzo the wrestler, but rather to see Enzo get his shit kicked in. Still technically a draw, but not in a good way I guess
I might watch 205 just to see him either get his ass kicked or roast the other cruiserweights.

Sephzilla

Wolf 2, Mario, South Park, Battlefront 2, and Destiny 2

I'm done for the rest of the year I think

I'm more excited for Battlefront 2 than I realized. It looks like a pretty fun game.

South Park turned me off after that blackface thing though

Just got to the night scene where Gojira goes ham, and this is so god damn awesome. It's such a nice blend of modern flim making with the miniature design of the 60s/70s.

That scene is nuts because
in all of the other Godzilla movies his atomic breath is "just" a beam attack that will do considerable damage to things close by and he doesn't shoot beams out of his back like that. Seeing his atomic breath get scaled up to the degree it does in Shin Godzilla was both amazing and simultaneously terrifying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When Vince was said to love seeing Enzo get thrown around, and people were all upset about it, well, who was truly right in the end?

Vince. People love seeing Enzo get thrown around.

McMahon wins.

Top Bottom