• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

I haven't rewatched it but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the Cody match more than this. At least his douchebag antics gave the match some character

I also don't care about EVIL at all

I'm not the biggest EVIL guy either.

I dunno, I feel like that was the weakest match out of the last few. Didn't do much for me but there were admittedly some great spots.

mrboo001

Banned
I fell asleep half way and only saw the last 5 mins :/

But I think it was not as good as the last two matches

Fun night! Got up at 3 am and now its 6am time for bed again

I’m only watching the two HIaC due to time, but Shane and KO is pretty god damn boring. I like KO but I feel like the dude has terrible pacing problems.

It was an awesome show overall and that last match wasn't bad by any means at all. I'm really glad I ended up watching it, it was a lot of fun!

Naito vs Ishii and Ospreay vs KUSHIDA were amazing. RPG 3K was awesome too.

That was a good night of Wrestling but also the single most physically painful experiences of my life, came close to bailing a few times :(

You got through it friend! The cathartic release of stretching may make it all worth it.

Or you could track down Suzuki and hit him up for advice on where to get a good massage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I marked out hardcore for heel Sami! :D

Even though WWE will probably f**k it up completely, I have zero confidence in anything they do.

Biggest lol goes to the foot on the rope pinfall break during a NO COUNTOUTS, NO DISQUALIFICATION, FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE HELL.. IN.. A.. CELL! match though.

LOL

Yeah, a dumb moment for Kevin because the ref had to call it off. Even commentary mentioned it.

I'm only watching the two HIaC due to time, but Shane and KO is pretty god damn boring. I like KO but I feel like the dude has terrible pacing problems.

Yeah, that match really didn't need to be 40 minutes long. PPV overrun has led to these bloated main events that take too long to get going (looking at you HHH)

You got through it friend! The cathartic release of stretching may make it all worth it.

Or you could track down Suzuki and hit him up for advice on where to get a good massage.
I think a massage is what I need, my back is bruised from the railing, can't even lean back on it 😔.

Not overly the best way to end my time in Tokyo, but onto Nagoya tomorrow, will sort through my pics and post up the best soonish

Bronx-Man

Banned
I told y’all Sami was turning heel.

whc_daniel_bryan_by_windows8osx-d4jmgpp.jpg

It’s like poetry.

Hex

Banned
Yeah, that match really didn't need to be 40 minutes long. PPV overrun has led to these bloated main events that take too long to get going (looking at you HHH)

Yes, it did.
That time took it from being a Shane stunt show, to everyone nail biting as tension mounted while they were on top of the cage.
Was that the gimmick, was one of the panels going to give? We had no idea so any move could have been the one.
Matches need time to tell stories.
The New Day match was ever better due to getting an extra 10 mins.

Yes, it did.
That time took it from being a Shane stunt show, to everyone nail biting as tension mounted while they were on top of the cage.
Was that the gimmick, was one of the panels going to give? We had no idea so any move could have been the one.

You could've streamlined the first 15 minutes of the match and it would've had the same impact.

The New Day and Usos used all they time they got well, Shane and KO didn't. Shane is pushing 50 years old, I don't expect him to go hard for 40 minutes. Granted, I skipped everything after the first match, so that first 15 minutes was probably breath of fresh air for the folks that sat through the last 2 hours of garbage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're still handing out WrassleGAF Discord invites. Hit up Sephzilla, newdayrocks, or Menome for invites.

Or me.

Yes, it did.

My problem with that match going on for forty minutes was that it was probably 15 minutes of just sitting around or half hearted holds. Maybe it's just my displeasure of Shane and how he wrestles, but the match just dragged on for me. I did not get a feel of good storytelling.

Top Bottom