• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Alucard

Banned
Aaaand a picture of the setup. They used the four-sided ring.

Bound-For-Glory-Set-750x400.jpg

bjork

There are actually people in that crowd. Did they give out free Puzzle and Dragons credits after the show or something?

Jamie OD

Main thing to come out of the show:
Team 3D sent out a threat to Bullet Club. They want to put every member through a table. Keep in mind that Bullet Club is a New Japan stable with a GFW connection and has nothing to do with TNA or Wrestle-1. I've seen a few vague hints online about 3D jumping ship to New Japan so it's possible they could pop up on tomorrow's show.

The thing is the spoilered stuff at least right now has nothing to do with TNA so it probably won't even air on the PPV. But if it does then I don't know. Good for TNA I guess?

bjork

I remember seeing a snippet about some tweet where they said
they wanted to go for a tag title they'd always wanted, or never had, or something.
I forget the exact wording. I guess that's it, then?

This thread got really hostile last night, that's not what wrestling is about guys. Someone needs to get G-Fex back to teach you all about heart.

Jamie OD

I remember seeing a snippet about some tweet where they said
they wanted to go for a tag title they'd always wanted, or never had, or something.
I forget the exact wording. I guess that's it, then?

Yeah that's one of the vague hints I was talking about.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HEY GAF: I just bought a fake testicle because I got kicked in the balls really hard and one of mine died. Sell me on going to a doctor to get the new one put in.
You're with lady, bout to break back and make her humble. She notice you have one testicle.
She say you no break back make humble.

All because of one nut friend you get no nut.

strobogo

Banned
Man, why are Glucagon Injections so expensive? They're like $80 even with insurance, for a one time use shot. They're never in stock and your doctors won't let you stock up on them even if you have $1000 to spend on 10. They're literally life saving and there is nothing in them that should be that expensive. If you're a diabetic and don't have insurance, you're most definitely going to die unless you're super rich. Had to use it this morning and there is a good chance we won't be able to get another one for 1-3 months at any given time. You'd think with as many people that have the diabeetus, these things would be far more produced.

Carnby

I've noticed that a lot of the people who complain about GAF fulfill one of these conditions:

1) Have been banned one or more times for what they claim is "unjust"
2) Generally have shitty opinions
3) Enjoy shitposting

So whenever I see posts like these, I always always ALWAYS take them with a grain of salt, because they will rarely, if ever, be justified.

Last time i got banned, i bumped a three week old thread because i wanted more opinions on the topic. BANNED

And having a shitty opinion is not a valid reason to ban some one. People in real life and here on gaf will disagree with your perfect opinion.

Data West's post nailed it. I don't care that this place is a liberal echo chamber. I've accepted it and barley post in OT. But I hope gafers realize that no one else in real life gives a shit about the issues that they spend their day hashtagging, pissing, and moaning about.

bjork

Last time i got banned, i bumped a three week old thread because i wanted more opinions on the topic. BANNED

And having a shitty opinion is not a valid reason to ban some one. People in real life and here on gaf will disagree with your perfect opinion.

Data West's post nailed it. I don't care that this place is a liberal echo chamber. I've accepted it and barley post in OT. But I hope gafers realize that no one else in real life gives a shit about the issues that they spend their day hashtagging, pissing, and moaning about.

#freecarnby

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 9/16/96

One night after War Games, the nWo has won and Sting has turned his back on WCW.

• Juventud Guerrera vs Rey Mysterio Jr WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Ice Train vs DDP
  • Super Calo vs Konnan Mexican Heavyweight Championship
  • Hugh Morrus vs Brad Armstrong
  • Scott Norton vs Randy Savage
  • Glacier vs Big Bubber
  • Chris Jericho/Marcus Bagwell vs Ric Flair/Arn Anderson
  • Steve McMichael/Chris Benoit vs Lex Luger

Syxx makes his debut. The ex-WWF guy in a crowd gimmick no longer works as a surprise. No one believed he wasn't with the nWo and it didn't even last until the end of the show before he was officially a member. Seems like the time is ripe to bring in an ex-WWF guy out of the crowd and have him actually join WCW and SWERVE the nWo. Konnan continues to be the most unsafe piece of shit. I can't believe anyone would work with him. Sting literally turns his back on WCW, delivering a promo with his back to the hard cam, saying he'd stand by those who stood by him, but everyone that doubted him can STICK IT. The genesis of the Crow Sting angle.

Look at how great of a job Konnan does catching his opponent:

Look at how great of a job Konnan does of trying to break super Calo's neck by being late on his bump:

Look at TMF powerbomb:

Get hyped PPV from japan
*A.J. Styles vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP title
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito (the winner gets the Jan. 4 Tokyo Dome title shot and features the last two winners of the G-1)
*Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Yoshi-Hashi
*Yujiro vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the Never title
*Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Desperado for the IWGP junior heavyweight title
*Alex Shelley & Kushida vs. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans for the IWGP junior heavyweight tag titles
*Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
*Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer for the NWA tag titles
*Chase Owens vs. Bushi for the NWA junior title
*Kota Ibushi & Yuji Nagat & Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale

JavyOO7

strobogo said:

Reminds me of how Bryan dived to the outside from the top rope to hit HHH. It really looked like HHH did not catch Bryan at all and poor guy landed on the floor with a big thud. =/

Who pulls the bigger crowds out of TNA and ROH? As looking at that setup (and from what I remember the last time I saw a ROH show) they look very similar.

That set-up isn't exactly indicative of the crowds TNA has been (or hasn't been, in this case) drawing in the US - I'd hazard a guess that ROH draw a more consistent audience than TNA does these days.

Javy007 said:
Reminds me of how Bryan dived to the outside from the top rope to hit HHH. It really looked like HHH did not catch Bryan at all and poor guy landed on the floor with a big thud. =/

Orton also sucks as catching wrestlers on dives. Seems that a lot of the typical 'WWE style' guys aren't that great at it.

E3 belongs in the hof after surviving that :/

EC3 is one of the guys that deserves a 2nd chance in WWE. He has really shown that, given some creative freedom and a decent gimmick, he can get over and be a decent addition to the WWE midcard. Like most of WWE's midcard though, they would shove him back to meaningless back and forth matches and not give him any mic time to try to get himself over.

RP912

Banned
EC3 is one of the guys that deserves a 2nd chance in WWE. He has really shown that, given some creative freedom and a decent gimmick, he can get over and be a decent addition to the WWE midcard. Like most of WWE's midcard though, they would shove him back to meaningless back and forth matches and not give him any mic time to try to get himself over.

Hell yeah E3 been on my radar as far as wrestlers go. It sucks that he hasn't been push so far in TNA as a legit top heel instead of "dixie's goof". Dude reminds me of a tolerable younger Shane Douglas with his whole demeanor and style of wrestling. WWE would just end up having him job to the "twerking" bull honestly.

E3 has a old school style to him with a new school gimmick which seems too hard for WWE to grasp. I just hope whenever the smoke clears that TNA focus more on him as one of the leading top contenders instead of this rockstar spud bullshit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ROH almost certainly outdraws TNA these days and the second they lose the Spike deal (which I guess if they aren't being paid for TV anymore was...a few weeks ago) they will likely have the better TV package. TNA should slide right past them leaving ROH the second biggest promotion in the US by default.

Promoting NJPW on a W-1 show. Way to go bully

He's not even a TNA contracted talent anymore. He did a one night extension for this ppv. Of course TNA puts him over on the way out like they do everybody else. TNA is going to have a damn skeleton roster of only guys that will work for $500 per set of tapings pretty soon.

ROH almost certainly outdraws TNA these days and the second they lose the Spike deal (which I guess if they aren't being paid for TV anymore was...a few weeks ago) they will likely have the better TV package. TNA should slide right past them leaving ROH the second biggest promotion in the US by default.

If GFW gets national cable they will be default number #2. Right now Lucha Underground is about to become number 2 with an El Rey tv show. If Jarrett can get Ross to call the New Japan Jan 4th show that will be hype since GFW is airing it in the US.

RP912

Banned
He's not even a TNA contracted talent anymore. He did a one night extension for this ppv. Of course TNA puts him over on the way out like they do everybody else. TNA is going to have a damn skeleton roster of only guys that will work for $500 per set of tapings pretty soon.

Probably the best wrestling TNA will ever have because of the skeleton roster.

Wrestlers killing each other in a mcdonalds parking lot with a crown of 20 for 15 bucks like the good ole indy days.

Probably the best wrestling TNA will ever have because of the skeleton roster.

Wrestlers killing each other in a mcdonalds parking lot with a crown of 20 for 15 bucks like the good ole indy days.

Yeah, the indy guys will work harder than the guys they were paying 6 figures too for sure. At the same time they will still have Dixie as an on air character and shitty guys like Abyss taking up tv time. Is Samoa Joe's contract up soon? I'd like to see him go back to ROH or GFW. Maybe DB and Seth Rollins could put in a good word for him and try to get him in WWE.

RP912

Banned
Yeah, the indy guys will work harder than the guys they were paying 6 figures too for sure. At the same time they will still have Dixie as an on air character and shitty guys like Abyss taking up tv time. Is Samoa Joe's contract up soon? I'd like to see him go back to ROH or GFW. Maybe DB and Seth Rollins could put in a good word for him and try to get him in WWE.

The rate somoa joe is going...he might as well try to be a professional gaming streamer because it looks like the passion isn't there anymore. I don't blame him especially after that fuckery involving lockdown :/.

Sunday discussion: Why did wwe.com not assign John Cena a spirit animal and if he had one what would it be?

I think he would be a bull mastiff. They're big strong loyal dogs with ugly faces and they Never. Give. Up.

bullmastiff295x266.jpg

The rate somoa joe is going...he might as well try to be a professional gaming streamer because it looks like the passion isn't there anymore. I don't blame him especially after that fuckery involving lockdown :/.
If you had to work for a shit company where wrestling is meaningless I think anyone would stop caring. I think working for a good company again could rekindle his passion.

Kaladin

Apparently Taz and Mike Tenay are doing LIVE commentary during the airing of the Bound For Glory PPV tonight.....because that always comes off amazing.

Sunday discussion: Why did wwe.com not assign John Cena a spirit animal and if he had one what would it be?

I think he would be a bull mastiff. They're big strong loyal dogs with ugly faces and they Never. Give. Up.

http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/photos/bullmastiff295x266.jpg[/im][/QUOTE]

Because Sina isn't an animal, he is a man.

Also, fuck dogs. Worthless flea bags.

Top Bottom