• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

20141009_LIGHT_RawPreview_HOMEPAGE.jpg

somedevil

Apparently Taz and Mike Tenay are doing LIVE commentary during the airing of the Bound For Glory PPV tonight.....because that always comes off amazing.

Hey trying to maintain that its live to the American audience!!

I love how New Japan has become the number 2 company in American on how they are willing to bring in any American Wrestler who has a name for themselves.

strobogo

Banned
Koran Korner with Stro for 10/12/2014
GuPKWvo.jpg

A story about the bridge between Heaven and Hell, with those going to Hell begging for those going to Heaven to drop water on them or anything to help, but if they helped, they'd be sent to Hell, too, so they let them burn.

Dress well for church

Every nation will die off at some point. There is no fighting it. Everyone and everything has their prescribed time. This doesn't make a distinction that Muslim countries are not included, so I have to assume it actually meant every nation.

After The Great Flood, Allah made Noah and his family (and humans by extension) taller for their faith.

Cutting asses off. I think. It could be referring to skin on the back, but I like the idea of Allah telling his people to cut asses off of non-believers.

A story about a group/nation/city getting way cocky with Allah, so Allah sent them an earthquake to put them in their place.

Allah would wait for a city to get really shitty before sending a prophet to it, then fuck them up if they wouldn't change.

Repeated usage of "Our violence", which was talking about Mohammed leading his followers to conquer cities of non-believers. Actually, it seemed to be about him going from town to town and threatening them to convert by asking them if they've heard about what he does to towns that don't convert.

"None feel secure from the wrath of Allah except a people that shall lose."

A lot on Moses. All about the Pharaoh being a total cunt, the plagues, 40 days and 40 nights. All that stuff. We also find that Allah was continually testing the Jews to see how they'd react to terrible shit happening to them. After a while, they started questioning why Allah would do that, which severely pissed both Moses and Allah off. Moses was so pissed at the Jews questioning Allah and doing evil that he broke one of the tablets and basically renounced the Jews on the spot. When the nations were split into 12 groups, one group had the nerve to ask why Allah was so threatening. Didn't work out.

"Guidance and mercy for those who dread their lord."

Jews are cursed to be apes, who are despised and spurned. They're also stupid like dogs, but this passage might have been referring to all non-believers. But it was in a section that was right under the "Jews are apes" thing, so I'm not super sure.

Do not pervert the name of Allah. The specific example given was Allat, which is the female version of Allah. Don't do that.

Believers are those whose hearts sink with fear when they hear the name of Allah.

There is a pretty long chunk on a story of a battle. There was a caravan coming from Syria to Mecca. Mohammed decided he was going to attack it, for no reason that was given. In fact, this caravan had asked Mohammed and his followers for protection on their travel. Instead, Mohammed and his people attacked. However, they were way out numbered and the caravan had much more water available to them. Mo and his bros were very disheartened by this, but that night, it rained and they were inspired. Then Allah told them to behead them and cut their finger tips off, for they challenged Allah. Which is god damn crazy. They asked for protection, Mohammed attacks them, they fight back, and because of that they get their heads cut off. Mohammed did not come off well at all in this section. Right after that, there is a passage where he directly threatened the people of Mecca (his own people), who then went to pray and hedged their bets by saying, if Allah was right he'd protect them, and if Mohammed was right he'd protect them.

Deaf and dumb people are "the worst of beasts" and if Allah thought they had any good in them, he would have let them speak and hear. But even if he did, they would have SWERVED him.

Allah will always help you win the war as long as you Bolieve.

You must share the spoils of war, first with Allah (1/5th), then Mohammed, then everyone else.

When in war, you are to be as extreme and harsh as possible so to set an example.

Don't kill those who want peace.

A group of Muslim warriors that is 10% the size of the enemy can beat them as long as they are patient. The examples given are 20 dudes can beat 200, 100 can beat 1000. However, the section ends by bumping it up to 50%.

Mohammed got pissed about his people taking ransoms for captives, but had to acknowledge that the Koran said that was okay.

Those who directly helped Mohammed/followers in war, be it by actually fighting or letting Mo stay in their house become more important than blood relatives in matters of next of kin. But that's reversed at the end of the passage. I assume because one part was during war and one part was during peace.

Mohammed came off terribly in these chapters. Going around threatening and killing in cities, deciding to attack a traveling caravan for no reason given in the book and finishing it by cutting of heads and finger tips, threatening his own people, who were apparently terrified of him in Mecca. Besides the stuff about Moses, these chapters were all about war and conquest. Shit is dark.

WRASSLIN
ioU1XmU3sx4se.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince been running these Biollionaire Ted skits for over a month now. AND ON PPV. So he used some precious PPV time to promote his rival. And then when they had the press conference skit, it's basically WWF saying 'hey stop picking on us!!!!!' which just makes me think if I was a fan, 'Man, WCW must be way better than WWF because WWF is acting like they're having their lunch eaten by Ted. I better check out WCW.'

This is way worse than Tony mentioning Mick Foley winning the title on live tv. No matter how WWE Films try to spin it.

Browny

Banned
Who was helping Bischoff book the NWO shows? I know it was his baby, and he took it and ran with it, but he obviously needed a wrasslin' mind there too. I know it wasn't Sullivan - so Dusty or Flair?

strobogo

Banned
Who was helping Bischoff book the NWO shows? I know it was his baby, and he took it and ran with it, but he obviously needed a wrasslin' mind there too. I know it wasn't Sullivan - so Dusty or Flair?

It was Sullivan. He did pretty much all of the best nWo stuff. I believe Terry Taylor was doing a lot of stuff with it as well. I think he came up with the logo. Hall and Nash came up with a lot of ideas as well. Dusty and Flair weren't booking at all in that period.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was gonna say, it couldn't be 'wasn't Sullivan' because he goes into detail about it a bunch during his shoot. He even talks about how the only other guy he would've put in the NWO would have been HBK if he came over. Not Giant.

strobogo

Banned
HBK would have been so dope. Killed that awful face run, got him to his super dick phase sooner, and had HBK up against dudes like Eddie/Benoit/TMF/Rey/getting really pissed at Konnan/Norton/Macho/Flair when he could still go/Arn. Would have been rad.

Browny

Banned
It was Sullivan. He did pretty much all of the best nWo stuff. I believe Terry Taylor was doing a lot of stuff with it as well. I think he came up with the logo. Hall and Nash came up with a lot of ideas as well. Dusty and Flair weren't booking at all in that period.
Ah! I know Sullivan was winding down at that point, but then I remembered that he replaced Bischoff later on (98 or 99?), leading to ******, Eddie et al leaving - so I figured it wasn't him.
I suppose he had a fairly decent run of storylines with Hogan in the main event (ok, not good storylines, but a main event spot nonetheless), and so was happy to take a back seat. And at least he put ****** over - that no holds barred match is a personal favourite of mine.

RP912

Banned
What blows my mind about Sullivan is the fact that his finisher is the worst thing I have ever seen in professional wrestling. Yet, he won matches with this finisher which is bullshit.

strobogo

Banned
Ah! I know Sullivan was winding down at that point, but then I remembered that he replaced Bischoff later on (98 or 99?), leading to ******, Eddie et al leaving - so I figured it wasn't him.
I suppose he had a fairly decent run of storylines with Hogan in the main event (ok, not good storylines, but a main event spot nonetheless), and so was happy to take a back seat. And at least he put ****** over - that no holds barred match is a personal favourite of mine.

Sullivan was helping with the booking for all of the DoD/Hogan shit, all of the nWo stuff while he was still wrestling, and then I think took over more general booking when he retired in 1997.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sullivan also said the DoD existed solely to put over Hogan. Because he was such a cartoony 80s cariacature of the WWF and that era that he looked very strange against WRASSLERS like Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Barry Windham, etc.

I don't know what the reasoning for Dave Sullivan was.

Cagey

Banned
Last time i got banned, i bumped a three week old thread because i wanted more opinions on the topic. BANNED

And having a shitty opinion is not a valid reason to ban some one. People in real life and here on gaf will disagree with your perfect opinion.

Data West's post nailed it. I don't care that this place is a liberal echo chamber. I've accepted it and barley post in OT. But I hope gafers realize that no one else in real life gives a shit about the issues that they spend their day hashtagging, pissing, and moaning about.
The number of snarky, hashtag progressive (the ironic joys of well to do Americans of all sorts lambasting others for privilege), mentally mediocre posters I've ignored at this point makes reading many of the OT social issue threads pointless.

OT is a 101 polisci class with a large segment of sophomores who spend the lecture believing in their intellectual and mental superiority.. compared to freshman.

A shame too. That coupled with actual idiots deserving of the dog pile they receive from the group I just discussed ruin legitimate conversation.

Tl;Dr - OT is a den of Dunning Kruger sufferers.

Again all of this Koran stuff makes Mohammed sound A LOT like John Cena, sort of a violent psycho who is treated like the good guy no matter what heinous shit he does to other people.

A story about the bridge between Heaven and Hell, with those going to Hell begging for those going to Heaven to drop water on them or anything to help, but if they helped, they'd be sent to Hell, too, so they let them burn.

Heaven:Main Roster
Hell:NXT

strobogo

Banned
Again all of this Koran stuff makes Mohammed sound A LOT like John Cena, sort of a violent psycho who is treated like the good guy no matter what heinous shit he does to other people.

Heaven:Main Roster
Hell:NXT

It actually reminds me more of late 1995/early 1996 Hogan than Cener. Especially the part about threatening his own people. Jahn Sina would never treat the Sination like that.

Friend Stro, you should probably read scholar interpretations in order to better understand the meaning and context of the stories. Can't help but feel you're getting this stuff wrong.

strobogo

Banned
Friend Stro, you should probably read scholar interpretations in order to better understand the meaning and context of the stories. Can't help but feel you're getting this stuff wrong.

The translation has a notes section nearly as long as the book to provide such meaning and context. Plus I'm taking my own notes and researching them. Seems very fire and brimstony, much like the Old Testament. God is quite known to have been a giant dick bag back in the day. Seemed like having a son mellowed him out, but now he's really grumpy again. The Big Guy has some pretty severe mood swings.

The translation has a notes section nearly as long as the book to provide such meaning and context. Plus I'm taking my own notes and researching them. Seems very fire and brimstony, much like the Old Testament. God is quite known to have been a giant dick bag back in the day. Seemed like having a son mellowed him out, but now he's really grumpy again. The Big Guy has some pretty severe mood swings.

I won't reply any further as to not derail the thread, but I'm pretty sure the Muslim god doesn't have any sons or any relations for that matter. Just sayin'.

strobogo

Banned
So i missed it, why is friend stro doing a Koran reading?

For knowledge sake.

I won't reply any further as to not derail the thread, but I'm pretty sure the Muslim god doesn't have any sons or any relations for that matter. Just sayin'.

You are correct, friendo. I was lumping all the Abrahamic faiths together since The Big Guy is the same guy in all 3. Just different interpretations. Jesus wasn't Allah's son, nor was he a part of him. He was made in a similar manner as Adam. He said, "Be", and Jesus beed. In fact, Allah can't have a son because there is no female version of him.

Look at this dope cross body attack. Ambrosian in nature.
WO22FJ5.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't know about you guys, but I am getting fucking slammed with Hell in a Cell Google ads, on GAF and elsewhere.

I have gotten Network ads before, but never at this frequency. WWE is getting really fucking desperate, when is the next conference call for stockholders? November?

Top Bottom