• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

DiscoJon

Banned
The look on Tama Tonga's face says "It can only go downhill from here." If I were him I'd call up Fergal and beg to come to NXT.

EDIT: NEW PAGE!
DnJtUbg.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok so I watched Raw and Vader got indefinitely suspended.
Ok the next EVENT is In Your House. The only thing they've said about Vader is that Cornette and Clarence Mason said they'd sue because Gorilla laid hands on Vader first. But they never showed a conference of Vader saying, 'I'm back in' or anything like it.

Now we're at In Your House and Vince starts it by saying Vader is reinstated! WHERE'S THE BUILDUP?!

And Bret feigning he was knocked out to use a cheap tatic and roll up Diesel who was a nice enough guy to check up on him. And Bret's supposed to be a face?! Who do you want to cheer, mr boring wrestler who cheats and cuts whiny promos and has stringy hair or seven foot tall cool dude who powerbombs people and has incredible hair? They're going to have to have Diesel do more than this to make him a heel. Beating up Undertaker will help though since everybody loves Undertaker. WWF at this point feels like it's just winging it on who's a face and whos' a heel other than like Owen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lawler vs Roberts teased. Sounds like something I would want. Too bad both men, especially Jake, are incredibly over the hill in 1996.

VINCE IS HAWKING AOL DURING THE MATCH AHAHAHAAHAH

Yeah, real scary botch from Koslov. Perhaps it's time to retire the step-up dive - it looks great when he does hit it, but he's botched it seriously twice on PPV now. The last time he separated his shoulder.

Good match, regardless, but didn't feel as focussed as other jr. tag matches this year. Owens vs BUSHI was pretty good and I enjoyed the NWA tag match.

Bullet Club was in their 'Virgil/Horace Hogan' phase as soon as they started.

Oh yeah? Virgil & Horace Hogan sold a shit load of merch, then?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you getting a 'shit load of merch' from those same few Western fans that think they make up more than 1% of NJPW's viewership?

No, from yottsume who has a wholesale deal to sell NJPW merch and claims Bullet Club stuff is the 3rd most popular line of merch for NJPW in Japan.

*edit, also, from all the Bullet Club flags, bandannas and shirts in the crowd.

That Ishii/Yujiro match was pretty great, scary buckle bomb botch from Yujiro though. Also enjoyed Taguchi vs Desperado - Taguchi's in really good form since his return.

Jamie OD

No, from yottsume who has a wholesale deal to sell NJPW merch and claims Bullet Club stuff is the 3rd most popular line of merch for NJPW in Japan.

*edit, also, from all the Bullet Club flags, bandannas and shirts in the crowd.

I should start playing a game where everytime I watch a American indie show I count how many people in the crowd are wearing Bullet Club shirts, especially when there are no BC guys featured on the show.

ghostmind

I think Okada just got legit fucked up by that slap. Looks like he lost his equilibrium.

Naito's trying to cover for him to give him time to recover...

Also Okada bleached his eyebrows or something, because he looks really weird right now.

That match was really something, excellent pacing and I can't tell if the slap was a work or not. Excellent finishing stretch. Also, it's great to see Naito finally rebuilding his support - crazy to think that winning the G1 only damaged him, but he wasn't ready so soon back from injury.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, this week on Total Divas The Bellas have a MOVIE PREMIERE, YAY!

Apparently they have a "small part" in the independant film Confessions of a Womanizer. Never heard of it, but okay, it's an indie film so maybe super obscure. Brendan Fraser is the star apparently, so there's that.

Anyways, it wouldn't be Total Divas without some major mindfuckery... So apparently there's some HUGE PRESS activity at the filmfestival it's premiering on:
vlcsnap-2014-10-13-12k4qdm.png

I mean, seriously, look at that turnout, wow!

Then Nikki and Cena arrive in their limo and suddenly the huge red carpet turns into this entrance:
vlcsnap-2014-10-13-12mrpmk.png

Stairs outta nowhere! There's a woman with the smallest videocamera money could buy though, all that mainstream exposure is really paying off for The Bella's I'm sure.

Okay, now we're inside and apparently this is where the actual red carpet press interview thing is:
vlcsnap-2014-10-13-12riq36.png

Not sure how all those people from the first picture fit in here, but I do appreciate the plywood backdrop.

Anyways, big premiere event, tons of press, red carpet, the one Uso and Trinity/Naomi show up, but Brie and Bryan aren't there (even though both Bella's are in this movie), but still, with that turnout, place must be packed right?
vlcsnap-2014-10-13-12cdp2a.png

...Right. (this shot is right after a joke and you can hear a crowd laughing at Nikki Bella's joke in the movie)

I love the total mindfuckery of Total Divas. Seriously, I love it to death, they didn't even hire any extras to be in the background to pretend this movie thing is a big deal, I bet more people went to The Marine 4's premiere (hosted by Miz at Miz's home). So good.

Aiii

So not worth it
So in the span of less than a minute on Total Divas this happened:
vlcsnap-2014-10-13-1304ulw.png

And then Natalya said to Tyson: "Yeah, none of this, because this looks like you're Lou Thesz."

DiscoJon

Banned
November Wrasslin' |OT| Yoshi Comes Home
November Wrasslin' |OT| All Out Of Bullets And Titles
November Wrasslin' |OT| The Road To Tokyo Dome Begins

Alucard

Banned
Tanahashi beat AJ Styles and is the new champion, so now it's Okada vs Tanahashi in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom

Also, Yoshi Tatsu returned!

Soooo...you think Tanahashi got bored without the belt ala Cena, who needs to have it every now and then to feel secure?

Is Okada and Tanahashi the Orton/Cena of NJPW except good? Or is that Nakamura and Tanahashi?

Aiii

So not worth it
Crap, idiot me accidentally clicked Boots' spoiler. Now I am sad. :(

I really need to stop clicking black bars blindly.

ghostmind

Soooo...you think Tanahashi got bored without the belt ala Cena, who needs to have it every now and then to feel secure?

Is Okada and Tanahashi the Orton/Cena of NJPW except good? Or is that Nakamura and Tanahashi?

Well Tanahashi has had the IWGP Heavyweight belt 7 times.

Okada's only had the belt twice.

Nak's only had it three times.

I think they all have a ways to go before it reaches Orton or Cena levels.

EDIT: Tanahashi now has more IWGP Heavyweight Title reigns than anyone else. Previously he was tied with Tatsumi Fujinami.

I feel it's more the bookers worrying about drawing in the Tokyo Dome - Tanahashi's the proven draw, AJ isn't. Also, I wouldn't expect Tanahashi to hold the belt for very long this time around - Wrestle Kingdom seems like the perfect place for passing the torch of 'New Japan Ace' to Okada.

ghostmind

I am really happy to see Yoshi Tatsu, I mean Naofumi Yamamoto, back with NJPW. Hopefully this is a full-time thing, and he can make a run for the Jr. Heavyweight or NEVER titles.

Top Bottom