• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Aiii

So not worth it
So, aside from the UK tour, TNA has no more shows announced? Are they officially dead? (barring a last minute TV deal popping up?)

dixie11.jpg
Fare thee well Dixie.

Mengetsu

As seen on WWE TV, the company has been running vignettes for Luke Harper and Erick Rowan to be “freed” by Bray Wyatt from The Wyatt Family. These vignettes are a brainchild of Vince McMahon.

Vince is reportedly high on Harper because of his size. Vince sees Harper as a bigger star than Wyatt.

Triple H reportedly feels differently and was against splitting up the group but did not resist the decision.

One source pointed to the fact the writing was on the wall for the faction and that Vince was essentially killing them off so why not let him have his way and push Harper. This same source expressed concern because Harper is nowhere close to Wyatt on the mic

Another issue is that with the talent roster so thin and Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose working towards the top of the card, Vince feels that by splitting The Wyatts, they can end up with two top acts instead of one.

VinceMcMahon.jpg

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Honestly I don't think Bray gets much out of having Harper/Rowan at this point. It is time to start letting the newer generation of stars take over. Ambrose/Rollins are going to need other people to fight once their feud wraps and I don't think anyone wants to see either of them fighting Kane/Cena/Orton.

Luke Harper is my daughter's favorite out of the three. Mine too, to be honest, but it's kind of funny how she a) is not confused/scared by the Wyatts b) actually has a favorite Wyatt, and c) it's Luke.

Bray will be fine without them, Rowan is doomed.

Sephzilla

Bray being, essentially, a cult leader without any followers hurts is character (assuming they aren't planning on replacing them with newer Wyatts). Goddamnit Vince stop ruining good things.

Sephzilla

Cough Ascension cough

Pretty much.

They're the only team that I could see filling that role, although their style doesn't really mesh with Bray's style what so ever. Ascension would be the huge benefactors of that too since they'd gain Bray as a mouthpiece.

Sephzilla

Oh, it only gets better from here on out.

I'm up to the episode where
Barry Allen gets struck by lightning
. I think my realization came during the Dollmaker episode
where Oliver/Diggle/Felicity are trying to figure out the Dollmaker's attack pattern.
I realized "holy fuck, this is more detective work than anything I've seen in any live action Batman movie". This show is so good when it avoids Laurel soap opera shit.

Funny, I resumed season one on netflix last night (watched about three episodes this time last year and gave up). Its p great so far.

I also watched event horizon last night which was shitty butt. Cinematic blueballs, builds up for an hour and then nothing happens and all the (lame) payoff occurs in five minutes time.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;134131454 said:
Funny, I resumed season one on netflix last night (watched about three episodes this time last year and gave up). Its p great so far.

The midway point of season 1 is a bit of a drag, I'll warn you about that. But stick with it, because the last third of the season is great.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+
In Your House 4 - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5 - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6 - C-

Disappointing. I expected better.

bjork

And are there any amazing wrestling or video game podcasts? I listen to most of the Austin and JR podcasts and I like them. If there's something that focuses on the '90s (and is good), that would be cool. As for video games, I've never listened to anything so if there's a really great episode or whatever that you know of, shoot -- I haven't heard it.

The July 23 2013 episode of the bombcast. They were still in a kind of weird phase after one of the guys passed away, so there isn't a lot of focused video game talk, but there's science talk about using magnets to float arcade cabinets, GI JOE, and a rant on how the internet is nowadays that's really great. Even without context of who's who, it's a good standalone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince is right for splitting up the Wyatts. Had Bray not been as buried as he's been lately, they still could be something special. I think they, as a whole, can be salvageable, but it'd take way too much work to do so. Rowan is screwed, though, if it goes that route.

Harper has always been very talented and works creatively with his size. He's very good. Rowan is serviceable. Wyatt, though, without his family...what next?

Aiii

So not worth it
Vince is right for splitting up the Wyatts. Had Bray not been as buried as he's been lately, they still could be something special. I think they, as a whole, can be salvageable, but it'd take way too much work to do so. Rowan is screwed, though, if it goes that route.

Harper has always been very talented and works creatively with his size. He's very good. Rowan is serviceable. Wyatt, though, without his family...what next?

The big problem with Wyatt so far is that, well, there's nothing to the character other than cool sounding promo's that ultimately don't really say anything.

He needs purpose and direction if they want to salvage the character, right now he's entirely one-dimensional, which is fucking weird considering the nature of that character.

Sephzilla

Wyatt's good enough with the mic and in the ring to still keep his head afloat and salvage his potential main-event status so long as he avoids Cena like the plague. I think we're going to very quickly see that Harper is going to be heel Roman Reigns in that Vince keeps pushing him even though he's clearly not ready. Rowan is absolutely fucked though, the only thing he has going for him are those sheep masks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be opposed to Bray looking for a "new" family and help some NXT stars make the transition, and do something special. He fits into the cult leader role really well and can definitely get more mileage out of it. Just saddle him with a breakout star as his protege, and then let that feud happen in six months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn guys I really love the Ascension. I really really do. Are they supposed to be on Raw tonight?

Sephzilla

Honestly, I think pairing the Ascension with Bray wouldn't work out. Harper and Rowan worked because they both essentially looked like hillybilly horror movie characters. Ascension are pretty far on the other side of the spectrum from that - they're more like the Neo Road Warriors than anything else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I think pairing the Ascension with Bray wouldn't work out. Harper and Rowan worked because they both essentially looked like hillybilly horror movie characters. Ascension are pretty far on the other side of the spectrum from that - they're more like the Neo Road Warriors than anything else.

Not without Bray getting a makeover, I agree. Ascension should bring back the big collared coats. Or some capes.
ROMlZeK.png

Aiii

So not worth it
Goddamn guys I really love the Ascension. I really really do. Are they supposed to be on Raw tonight?

I am fucking puzzled really, Flair is supposed to be on, so maybe they'll debut Charlotte tonight?

It's so weird, they've lost so many people over the past few months, I don't understand why guys like Neville and Zayn aren't on the main roster already. They already do dark matches and house shows every week, at least five people on NXT are more than ready to move on to the main roster, so why hold off? Get them on TV pronto.

At least then your product will not be so stale for a little while with some fresh matches that we haven't seen 2000 times over the past year or so.

Sephzilla

Not without Bray getting a makeover, I agree. Ascension should bring back the big collared coats. Or some capes.
ROMlZeK.png

Yeah, Ascension need some cool psuedo Undertaker kind of entrance attire.

I am fucking puzzled really, Flair is supposed to be on, so maybe they'll debut Charlotte tonight?

It's so weird, they've lost so many people over the past few months, I don't understand why guys like Neville and Zayn aren't on the main roster already. They already do dark matches and house shows every week, at least five people on NXT are more than ready to move on to the main roster, so why hold off? Get them on TV pronto.

At least then your product will not be so stale for a little while with some fresh matches that we haven't seen 2000 times over the past year or so.

I'd rather they keep as much NXT talent as possible down in NXT. Vince wastes and/or ruins NXT talent upon promotion.

DMczaf

Why couldn't you smart marks accept Batista like Marvel fans?

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=911282

It's also nice because smart-mark jerkass WWE fans booed him relentlessly because he sidelined their boy Daniel Bryan (who's first run on top was awful, second was cut short because he's great as the chaser, not as the champ), and now he's a sizeable part of two mega bucks franchises.

And he's humble about it. If it was me, I'd be tearing into those 'smart' fans in interviews regularly. Wrestling fans are the worst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would anyone like to talk about the NJPW show last night? Looked REALLY good according to Boots' Twitter. And Tanahashi...still the fucking MAN.

I think a lot of it is finding the right time and place to make the pieces fit. It's not just one person being called up that's the issue - making sure the ideal opponents for their feuds are free, etc. Lots of moving parts, and a lot we're not privy to.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;134135252 said:
Gaming side hissing and recoiling in horror to cover their grotesque visages at the notion of an all rap soundtrack to WWE 2k15

rap sucks.

it sucks even more when its cena.

perfect1.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gaming side hissing and recoiling in horror to cover their grotesque visages at the notion of an all rap soundtrack to WWE 2k15

Ready to see these racist fucks burnnnnn.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think a lot of it is finding the right time and place to make the pieces fit. It's not just one person being called up that's the issue - making sure the ideal opponents for their feuds are free, etc. Lots of moving parts, and a lot we're not privy to.

Shit creative mostly, there really isn't that much going on in WWE right now if you really think about it.

Most of the feuds they're doing now are at least three months old and most people lost interest in them around SummerSlam, I have no clue what Dolph Ziggler is currently doing, I have stopped caring who's in the bunny costume, Mizdow is amazing, but that's due to the character, not the storyline they're in. Paige vs. AJ is the worst thing WWE is booking right now. If I really think about it, the only fleshed out storylines are Cena/Ambrose/Rollins/Authority and Rusev beating people. That's sad when you consider they work with 6 hours of TV every week.

Then again, they're never going to book more than two storylines properly with the way they book these shows, so yeah, I guess it's better to keep them off of TV.

DiscoJon

Banned
All those creeps with 1,000 year old witches as their avatars bitching about the soundtrack.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight's a romantic date night where I exchange STD testing paperwork with someone else. Who said romance was dead?

Top Bottom