• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Canceled my auto-sub. Sadly I'm locked in until march, but...yeah.

bjork

I'm the one on an entirely different forum.
WrestleCrap to be specific.

I'm just saying why should I care about those two women? And I'm speaking this as a non American, but I barely know of them and the show they host, so the idea of having a two people who's appeal rests soley in America means nothing to me, nor to any other international viewers. Especially considering how modern day media is is shying more and more away from being US centric (Hollywood in particular seems all too aware of this, which is why China became the highest grossing market for Transformers 4). But it's probably just me being upset that we still have the occasional guest host who's completely alien to the situation at hand.

I was totally kidding, I didn't expect anyone here to actually be that poster. Also I didn't expect this outburst. I mean, you're not wrong about the hosts, but why the hell does the show need guest hosts anyway?

:lol

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I was totally kidding, I didn't expect anyone here to actually be that poster. Also I didn't expect this outburst. I mean, you're not wrong about the hosts, but why the hell does the show need guest hosts anyway?
Oh, I know. I just wanted to speak my mind about the whole guest host situation. I think I heard somewhere that it's USA's decision for the guest hosts, probably to do with WWE not being as big of a driving force as it was during the Attitude Era, but I think that if you're gonna do guest hosts, at least get some that has an international appeal to them.

Ferny

The ONLY reason Im signed up for the Network is for the live PPVs. Anything else I really don't watch often. $10 isn't much for that for me.

It begins.

10447624_846392422077447_6666560538560525317_n.jpg

They've mentioned that they were going to put ads on the service before it launched. They said one year in the past so its slightly ahead of schedule.

I don't think Vince is wrong to be honest.

I actually agree with vince...

harper is top talent. amazing indy wrestler. he can also do high risk spots for a guy his size. he isn't all drugged out on steroid either and he has a ton of potential on the mic.

he could be an amazing top heel.

harper and rowan are much better than bray. I've always felt this way. both of them know how to put on great matches from their indy experience. bray has always looked silly in the ring. he just waddles around and does that dumb crab thing.

Tim-E

When you end up renewing for Wrestlemania lol
Its so cute how smarks go up in arms for everything and end up caving in and watching every week and buying their shit. You're really going to show them!

it kind of has to. there is no going back to PPV after this. who is paying 60 bucks a pop. they should try to get on cable again. Reprots out of Canada has the network doing pretty good so far.

Yeah this is the issue now. They've sort of burned their bridges with this Network attempt. I can't imagine PPV Carriers will welcome them back with open arms and lucrative deals.

Sephzilla

it kind of has to. there is no going back to PPV after this. who is paying 60 bucks a pop. they should try to get on cable again. Reprots out of Canada has the network doing pretty good so far.

I don't think WWE network would work any better as a cable station than it would in its current form.

kiguel182

Anything worth watching on Bound For Glory? I can't sit through 3 hours of TNA wrestling but maybe I can see a couple of matches if they are worth it.

Tim-E

I think Wrestlemania 32 isn't going to happen because a dozen people on the internet are mad and have canceled their WWE Network subscription that ends in five months! The carnies are done for!!!

chunk3rvd

So, does anyone think WWE Network survives to see WrestleMania 32?

I think it's more likely than most people realise. They've been very specific in the wording over the last 2 months - you get every PPV up to Royal Rumble and they've mentioned nothing beyond that. Wouldn't surpsise me if Vince hasn't already given up on the network and we go back to normal as of Elimination Chamber. PPV's airing on the network with a 30 day delay

Sephzilla

I think it's more likely than most people realise. They've been very specific in the wording over the last 2 months - you get every PPV up to Royal Rumble and they've mentioned nothing beyond that. Wouldn't surpsise me if Vince hasn't already given up on the network and we go back to normal as of Elimination Chamber. PPV's airing on the network with a 30 day delay

Doing that would effectively murder the network.

they really underestimated their audince big time. they just expected 1 million people to sign up no problem. They shold have scoped it better. reason fight pass is sucessful is because of low upkeep. It has the library plus smllar shows plus indie promotions like Invicta. And they still have thier PPV business

The problem is inst the price is your fucking prodcut

kiguel182

So, does anyone think WWE Network survives to see WrestleMania 32?

I don't think they can go back to the old way of doing bussiness.

Not only did they spent a fuck ton of money on the Network, they also pissed of the PPV providers and the audience got used to paying 10 bucks instead of 60.

There's no going back.

Carnby

Naw. The WrestleMania 31 logo has a play button. As in watch it on the network.

Bigger question is do they resign Lesnar after mania. he doesnt come cheap and they are loosing a lot of money. espcially if they want to keep him away from Dana.

Anth0ny

I think Wrestlemania 32 isn't going to happen because a dozen people on the internet are mad and have canceled their WWE Network subscription that ends in five months! The carnies are done for!!!

It's clearly not just some internet people. A ridiculous amount of people (120k was the number, I believe) have managed to cancel their network subscription before the first six months were up(even though they're not really supposed to), and the network itself is bombing harder than Bayonetta 2.

I think the advertising could work-- if the ads use WWE talent. There are several superstars who would be 100% gold shilling for random shit. Enzo and Big Cass could sell anything.

No one is saying the WWE is going out of business or.. whatever. But for them to start doing this, it can't be a good sign. Every one of those 667k subscribers that signed up for Wrestlemania could have canceled. And considering the creative as of late, that's... not good.

Tim-E

No one is saying the WWE is going out of business or.. whatever. But for them to start doing this, it can't be a good sign. Every one of those 667k subscribers that signed up for Wrestlemania could have canceled. And considering the creative as of late, that's... not good.

They're a for-profit business that's going to look to get every penny they can for the service. They obviously overestimated the amount of support they'd get out of the gate, but the schilling has died down significantly on TV outside of a blurb from the announcers and they just expanded to 100+ countries. The Canada deal seems to be going well and they'll probably end up doing the same in the UK.

Hulu Plus has seen constant growth and people "pay for ads" on that service. After some initial whining, no one is going to care.

jmdajr

RAW is one giant advertising show. This makes a difference?

Whatever, it's a free country everyone should put up with whatever they choose. Bailing is your right.

the wwe is slowly going under. I think it's going to be sold off to someone else once it hits a certain low. I read once vince doesn't have any legal documents detailing a successor to his company or anything. I think he's going to sell it in the next five years. It's always been business to him. He is a business man. He doesn't care about "fans" or "wrestling." He's always been a promoter and he made some mistakes through the years that have slowly caused the WWE to dwindle in popularity.

They're a for-profit business that's going to look to get every penny they can for the service. They obviously overestimated the amount of support they'd get out of the gate, but the schilling has died down significantly on TV outside of a blurb from the announcers and they just expanded to 100+ countries. The Canada deal seems to be going well and they'll probably end up doing the same in the UK.

Hulu Plus has seen constant growth and people "pay for ads" on that service. After some initial whining, no one is going to care.
What does this business-minded justification do for actual humans? Netflix is cheaper with a bigger selection of stuff and doesn't need ads. I don't see WWE buying Mad Men for a million dollars.

Tim-E

the wwe is slowly going under. I think it's going to be sold off to someone else once it hits a certain low. I read once vince doesn't have any legal documents detailing a successor to his company or anything. I think he's going to sell it in the next five years. It's always been business to him. He is a business man. He doesn't care about "fans" or "wrestling." He's always been a promoter and he made some mistakes through the years that have slowly caused the WWE to dwindle in popularity.

BREAKING NEWS: Publicly traded, for-profit corporation cares about business.

Top Bottom